View Single Post
Unread 03-09-2005, 02:07 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanjul
For the post in the wrong area about the EXE not working...

I did follow all the instructions (to a T I might add) and I get a "program failed to initalize properly" with some 0x000EFE000 stuff. I'm running Windows XP Pro SP2 on an AMD 64 3500+. Not sure exactly why it's happening. I've only used the newest version.

Thanks
Wow, ok I have no idea on that one. As far as I know you are the first person to have this issue. If you have not alread done so. Perhaps try downloading the file again. Maybe the .exe got corrupted.
I'm also thinking maybe some virus scanner program thinks it's an 'unkown .exe' program and it's blocking it. If you have virus scanner running you might check the logs on that.
The other thing I can think of is that if you have any 'windows services' disabled, maybe that could cause it. Ger made the parser, so I'm not sure on this one.
I might be helpful to us if you can do the following steps.
Quote:
1) Click on the START menu, select RUN and type MSINFO32 and select OK.
2) When the Microsoft System Information program opens, select FILE and on the dropdown menu, select EXPORT.
3) Save the information as MSINFO.txt to your desktop or other easily found location.
4) This is a large file so let’s copy only the important parts.
1. Copy and paste from [System Information] to [DMA].
2. Copy and paste from [IRQs] to [Memory].
3. Copy and paste from [Running Tasks], [Services], [Startup Programs] and [Windows Error Reporting].
Quote:
To create your DirectX Diagnostic information:

1) Click on the START menu, select RUN and type in DXDIAG and select OK.
2) When the DirectX Diagnostic tool opens, click on the SAVE ALL INFORMATION button on the lower right, next to the EXIT button.
3) Save the DxDiag.txt to your desktop or other easily found location.
4) Copy and paste the contents to your thread.
Quote:

To create your CPUZ Report.

1. Download a program called CPUZ
2. Run the program, on the last tab [About] select Dump Registers to .TXT file.
Please create the above three files. Zip them into up together with winzip, and attached them here. There is a button no this forum that says 'manage attachements' you can use that to upload when you comment on this thread'
Those files will give us a comprehensive look at your hardware and software environment and hopefully we can spot why this program isn't working. Hopefully we can get it working and make a note of what we did if I run into the problem again.