View Single Post
Unread 03-07-2005, 11:44 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Trying to edit my own custom UI's, but nothing enables...

Thank you in advance, oh and thank you for this wonderful site! I hope to continue to visit here. I did some research and couldn't find a solution so I apologize in advance for spouting off a problem right away .

What I did was create a folder just as suggested in the UI directory called mapedit.

I then simply copied everything in the Default directory into the mapedit directory, that way I was sure I didn't miss a critical file.

Then I opened the editor and opened eq2ui.xml within the mapedit directory, chose the mainHUD and began to edit some of the windows. The first one I started on was the money change window (quantityselector).

I saved it, made the appropriate changes to the eq2.ini file (and yes the extension is proper and I also switched the two lines), and it didn't change it when I ran the game. Nothing changed. It must still be using the original set of files as something should have changed because I went back into the editor to verify that I actually did change something .

Basically what I tried doing was start simple by changing the numbers of the start amount in the quantityselector, including the min and max, that's it.

Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?