View Single Post
Unread 03-07-2005, 08:03 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloora
I posted some errors I was getting on the original thread, sorry I did see this thread but thought it was an offshoot...or something, anyway thanks for clearing that up and directing me to the latest version.

In response to my post also it was mentioned that many inclusions in the eq2 recent file are ignored due to having nothing to do with performance settings. I was curious if the file contained any other settings besides those under the graphics and sound tabs, but it doesn't seem so.
What I'm getting at is that when I want to further reduce unnecessary lag in, say, a raid situation, I go over to the User Interface tab, uncheck the show guild tag box, and under "show titles" I select "never". It's EQ2's version of the /show name (something like that) command from EQ 1, and helps unclutter my screen quite a bit.
Having these or any other visually altering options, that aren't under the graphics/sound tabs, included in the performance profiles would be neat.
Is this possible?
Yes. Many, Many of those settings are going to be found in the eq2_recent.ini file.
The parser won't affect anything except the ones that are listed under the Display Options.
The ones under 'UI settings' I'm currently working on a document to determine the command for all the commands associated with the Options Menu. If you want to try to figure out the command for that you can check 'The /List' post by insomniac and read the 18 pages of commands and try to make a best guess.
Hint: many of the commands are not saved in the eq2_recent.ini file if they are at the normal state. But if you change them, it list them.
So print out your file. Then change ONE setting. and then click accept.
Then print out your file again, and you will probably have a new listing.
That's your command!
Good luck.

Good idea by the way on turning those names off. I hadn't even though of that because its not listed in the Display Options settings, But it would affect the display.

Very nice find.