Thread: New Updater
View Single Post
Unread 02-19-2014, 11:50 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denavin View Post
I take it then that I am the only person that is having problems with Profit Updater not working.
Pretty much. What you describe sounds a lot like you at some point (possibly accidentally) installed some of the cruft that comes along with a lot of "free" packages (download "accelerators", toolbars, that kind of thing) and it's now becoming a problem. What I'd do is ignore your AV and anti-malware program and go through the Windows control panel into your installed programs and features list. Look for things that you don't recall installing, find out what they are and delete any that shouldn't be on your machine. Then get a reliable well-known antivirus program (Kaspersky's my personal favorite) and do a full scan of your machine after rebooting into safe mode. That'll take a while, but it'll avoid as much chance of having active malware as you can get on Windows. I prefer doing the scan from a clean boot from a CD or USB drive, but the state of Windows these days makes that not a viable option most of the time.

I can say that, having run the Profit updater myself, the executable you're having a problem with is not part of the updater and isn't being sent by Kaldran's server.