EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   ThorUI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Sound (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7104)

Ciiera 11-18-2006 05:21 PM

Sound

I have found that with this UI, it doesn't save my sound settings (I have tested it against other UI's and it is only this one that does it). Does anyone know command line I can put in somewhere to force the game to remember my sound settings? It is really bugging me that the game music is full blast every time I log in and I have to wait for the game to load to turn it off again.

xenoc 12-01-2006 10:18 PM

It's doing the exact same thing to me. It's *really* annoying.

Faetyl 12-01-2006 11:01 PM

It's due to the sound settings in the "volume slider" Startbutton mod.
You can edit the xml to a prefered sound volume or use the push button version that I provide as the default. ;)

FYI
The Feature details also state this.
Lots of information there, just click the "..." button next to each feature for a screenshot including details about the feature and how to use it.

Quote from feature page:
Note: The "Slider" version loads the preset volume settings within the xml at UI load. So if you wish to save your own volume settings I recommend you use my push button version instead. ;-)

Dismal 12-02-2006 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faetyl
It's due to the sound settings in the "volume slider" Startbutton mod.
You can edit the xml to a prefered sound volume

Any chance someone could tell me what to change?

I like this slider version as we use vent and the push volumes are a touch to loud to make the volume of speech comfortable, and i dont like to play with everything muted.

I would like to know how to mute the combat and music as default and keep the game sounds as is.

Thanks in advance:)

Faetyl 12-02-2006 01:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As you wish ;)

Note: Once in game, move the combat slider up then back down to 0, then camp. Come back in game and your combat volume should be saved at 0.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Dismal 12-03-2006 08:27 AM

I installed the new startbutton.xml and now dont have a button at all, gone back to the other one for now :)

Thanks for taking the time to look at this Faetyl.

Faetyl 12-03-2006 11:25 AM

Did you install it while out of the game (not logged in)
And did you place it in the EverQuest II\UI\thorui directory overwriting the existing one?

It should work, I tested it.

Dismal 12-07-2006 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faetyl
Did you install it while out of the game (not logged in)
And did you place it in the EverQuest II\UI\thorui directory overwriting the existing one?

It should work, I tested it.

This was all done, yes.

I'll try it again when I get home.

ShadowProwler420 12-07-2006 08:24 PM

If you're looking to mute the game music (in and out of combat) but leave the other sounds (NPC voiceovers and such), that is possible via the game's options. I can't remember exactly where it is (real life has forced a break from the game for a while), but odds are they are in the Sounds section.