EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   XML Modification Help & Info (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   "Not a friendly target" etc. (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6791)

Praefic7 09-27-2006 11:39 AM

"Not a friendly target" etc.

Hello, I am looking to reduce the size of the texts that appear such as "not a friendly target" and "...gained bonus experience for pristine..." I was wondering if someone knew what file they are listed as (if at all)

pooka 09-27-2006 06:53 PM

it's part of the casting bar. eq2ui_mainhud_casting.xml

there are a few modded casting bars, including a resizable one with tiny text, for download in the misc section.

Praefic7 09-28-2006 12:48 AM

Thanks, appreciate the help.

gm9 09-28-2006 01:34 AM

I thought it was part of eq2ui_mainhud_onscreenmessage.xml?

Praefic7 09-28-2006 03:28 AM

Hm, that makes more sense. Either way, I reduced the size of both of them. Thanks again. I don't suppose there's also a way to reduce the size of the floating tradeskill numbers in red-green etc.?

lordebon 09-28-2006 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Praefic7
Hm, that makes more sense. Either way, I reduced the size of both of them. Thanks again. I don't suppose there's also a way to reduce the size of the floating tradeskill numbers in red-green etc.?

I believe so, but if you like the damage numbers in combat, I'm 99% sure that those will also be reduced in size, as I think they're essentially the same thing (As turning off overhead combat feedback #s also turns of the tradeskill ones).

pooka 09-28-2006 04:56 PM

Different messages. :)

eq2ui_mainhud_onscreenmessage.xml tells you the zone you've just come into and that you're guild just hit 13.

eq2ui_mainhud_casting.xml tells you that you're target is invalid as well as the name of the spell you're casting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm9
I thought it was part of eq2ui_mainhud_onscreenmessage.xml?

gm9 09-28-2006 05:42 PM

Fair enough, but the "gained bonus experience for pristine" he asked about is onscreenmessage. :)

Praefic7 09-29-2006 06:02 AM

Quote:

I believe so, but if you like the damage numbers in combat, I'm 99% sure that those will also be reduced in size, as I think they're essentially the same thing (As turning off overhead combat feedback #s also turns of the tradeskill ones).
Oh that'd be fine, I find the overhead combat numbers too large as well(currently have them both off).

One final question, I don't suppose there are different skins available for the Sony Updater? For some reason the default (dragon bordered) one is bothering me.

lordebon 09-29-2006 11:01 AM

Nope, the SOE launchpad skin is controled by SOE... they change it and update it every now and then (usually when its a new Exp Pack coming out) but I don't think we can reskin it -- it checks all its files and redownloads ones that don't check as official before it even gets to the EQ2 starter bit.

Praefic7 09-29-2006 11:13 AM

Ah, I thought as much. I recently returned after a year away and the first thing I noticed was that the updater was uglier, hehe.

lordebon 10-01-2006 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Praefic7
Ah, I thought as much. I recently returned after a year away and the first thing I noticed was that the updater was uglier, hehe.

Well, I'm pretty sure the current one is from KoS, so as soon as they release one for EoF (which I'm sure they will, and which I'm sure will be relatively soon) you'll have a different one =)

Praefic7 10-04-2006 06:43 AM

Ah, that'd be good. :)

gm9 10-04-2006 07:14 AM

There has been a demonstration of a completely redone launchpad at E3, no idea when that will be available though.

Praefic7 10-05-2006 11:34 AM

I like it. Also, I've been having trouble recently with some small tweaks to the persona and market windows. Since they are multi-panel, I wasn't able to switch the larger fonts to /TextStyles.Normal.NormalStyle without "losing" some tabs. I figured I was just overlooking something important. Any pointers?