EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Help!?!?! (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   how to use other UI's with eq2map? (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5999)

jugglo 04-12-2006 11:46 AM

how to use other UI's with eq2map?

I have had no luck with using any of the UI mods except for eq2map. That said, I really would like an exp bar that gives exp to the first decimal, to get a truer feel of mob exp. If I am using eq2map and download a exp UI mod where do I put the file? Do I put it in UI/eq2map folder or do i put it in main folder? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Magus 04-12-2006 11:53 AM

Put it in UI/eq2map/

jugglo 04-12-2006 05:31 PM

ok still doesn't work

i put this file eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml in path everquestII/UI/EQ2MAP and it still does not load up on screen? Do I need to post more info? If so, what would help understand my problem?

ShadowProwler420 04-12-2006 05:50 PM

Try creating a custom UI folder in your C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI directory, put any/all mods you want to use in it, then either move your eq2map folder over into that new folder or delete it and rerun the eq2map updater (changing the path so it points to your new folder).

Landiin 04-12-2006 06:30 PM

jugglo, 1st you need to know what directory the game is using for your UI. To find this, look in eq2.ini. The eq2.ini is in the base everquestII directory unless you use another language besides US English. If you do the eq2.ini file will be in the related LP_REGION_??_?? directory along with all files you use to play the game including the UI\ directory.

Once you know where the game is looking for your UI at then you know where to put modded files. Being you said you put that file into eq2map means that isn't the correct directory or you put in a unmodded file.

jugglo 04-12-2006 10:01 PM

YAY!!! It worked

Thank you so much for your help. I fiddled with settings and tried different ui mods for exp bars till i found one that worked. The first one I got didn't want to play but the next did. Thank you so much now I get the general idea on how to mod my screen, woot :)

lxracer 04-13-2006 11:05 PM

Please Post an Example

Hello everybody. I have a similar problem but unfortunately I have not been able to solve it.

I installed EQ2Maps and now want to install a custom UI for tradeskilling. I modified my EQ2.ini to look like:

cl_ui_skinname EQ2MAP
cl_ui_subdir UI/
cl_ui_skinname CustomTradeskill
cl_ui_subdir UI/

Within the UI directory in the EQ2 root directory, I have two folders titled EQ2MAP and CustomTradeskill. Unfortunately both do not work at the same time. Whichever one I have listed first is the only one that works. Can anybody please post what an EQ2.ini file using multiple custom UIs looks like?

Thank you in advance,
lxracer

Landiin 04-14-2006 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lxracer
cl_ui_skinname EQ2MAP
cl_ui_subdir UI/
cl_ui_skinname CustomTradeskill
cl_ui_subdir UI/
lxracer

That is wrong, delete the last two lines and put your modded file(s) in the eq2map directory.

Have a nice day!

lxracer 04-16-2006 12:48 AM

Thank You!

It worked. I appreciate your prompt reply! Thank you!

Landiin 04-16-2006 05:18 AM

NP :) I'm here all day * Starts Clogging *