EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   EQ2MAP (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   rv and re (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1990)

Stanley Tweedle 03-20-2005 01:22 PM

rv and re

you mentioned on the announcements that they're in game but teh zoneerects are wrong, and that you were just interested in getting them ingame.

i ran mapper to load eq, and it said it added rv e and rv w, and re in the new maps.

then i hightailed to EL to see the new handiwork, and nadda. no bueno.

i miss something?

Itanius 03-20-2005 01:40 PM

I just verified Rivervale: no map in-game.

tonyis3l33t 03-20-2005 01:45 PM

i dont think the mainhud_map.xml updates itself...ill have to check with the guys. That would be why i think.

tonyis3l33t 03-20-2005 01:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
nix that. run the updater again it should fix itself now i think...

Itanius 03-20-2005 02:52 PM

I don't think the mainhud_map file is updating itself now; the one I have is dated March 17th. I ran the patcher and didn't get an update, and still am not seeing the RV maps.

Replacing it with the one that you attached in this post. :)

tonyis3l33t 03-20-2005 02:53 PM

delete your mainhud_map file, run updater again.

Quib 03-20-2005 03:10 PM

Tony, how did you upload the eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml file? You did something incorrectly because the MD5 for that file wasn't updated so the patcher isn't getting the file correctly.

taco-man/Eloa, the manual file upload at map.eq2interface.com isn't letting me upload eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml, it says:
Code:

Warning: copy(POI_files/mainxml/eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /subpages/processuploadfiles.php on line 39
eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml | could not be uploaded!
Click to upload more files.

when I try to upload, I suspect Tony encountered a similar issue.

Quib

tonyis3l33t 03-20-2005 03:11 PM

you have aim quib? im on tonyis3l33t

Itanius 03-20-2005 03:46 PM

Map is visible now, but there are no POIs.

Quib 03-20-2005 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itanius
Map is visible now, but there are no POIs.

Should be fixed shortly. Massive update incoming in the next half hour.

Quib

Humudce 03-20-2005 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quib
Should be fixed shortly. Massive update incoming in the next half hour.

Quib

Quib Ran the Updater almost an hour after your post, now my UI is broken, I run in the Letterbox Mode, my Player Window Bars are blank, my XP Bars are blank, the area within the Letterbox is black. When I deleted the EQ2UI_mainhud_map.xml file it fixes it. I suspect something may be wrong with the EQ2UI_mainhud_map.xml file.

Quib 03-20-2005 05:25 PM

The problem should be fixed now. Re-run the auto-updater. Let me know if EQ2 still isn't loading properly for you.

The problem was Runnyeye didn't have an auto-generated icon page yet.

Quib

Humudce 03-20-2005 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quib
The problem should be fixed now. Re-run the auto-updater. Let me know if EQ2 still isn't loading properly for you.

The problem was Runnyeye didn't have an auto-generated icon page yet.

Quib

Yes,

All working now ;) Thanks Quib. Wish there was some way for me to tell if an Icon page wasn't generated. :)

Quib 03-20-2005 05:30 PM

I wish there was for me too. I tried like 10 things before I just went through and checked for the existence of each icon page XML. EQ2s error log doesn't tell you anything even close to what the problem really is when you're missing an <include>d XML file.

Quib

taco-man 03-20-2005 06:07 PM

quib, it should tell you if any icon pages are not there that should be when you use the generate link while you are logged in as an admin.

EDIT: now that i re-read you post it sounds like there was an include in mainhud_map.xml that didnt exist?

Humudce 03-20-2005 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taco-man
quib, it should tell you if any icon pages are not there that should be when you use the generate link while you are logged in as an admin.

EDIT: now that i re-read you post it sounds like there was an include in mainhud_map.xml that didnt exist?

Yep, that's what it was :) Missing file in the Include in the map.xml All fixed :)