EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   DrumsUI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Journal Addon interaction with collectibles (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15536)

CivicPetunia 03-28-2011 07:32 PM

Journal Addon interaction with collectibles

I am addicted to your quest helper browser buttons; so when I had to reinstall EQII I immediately downloaded and installed this addon. Unfortunately, now I cannot add collectibles to my collections. When I right-click on the item in my bags, the option "Examine" is displayed; but when I click this option nothing happens. Nor can I examine a collectible from the chat window any more. This behavior occurs both with and without the InfoCenter. I tried whining to SONY and was told that if I were using any third part addons, they were not interested in my problems.

So I tried removing the journal files, and found that I could once again examine collectables and add them to my collections.

I know that collectables were handled correctly before I had to reinstall the game, and I have been using your browser buttons since I started to play the game 2 yrs ago.

Can anyone help me out? Thank you!

lordebon 03-29-2011 12:04 AM

What UI mod are you using?

CivicPetunia 03-29-2011 01:16 AM

[DrumsUI] Journal and [DrumsUI] Journal InfoCenter Add-on. I have also tried using only [DrumsUI] Journal. In both cases, I cannot examine collectibles.

At the moment, I'm swapping between "Journal" and no "Journal". That is, if I delete the Journal and InfoCenter files from my custom UI and log into the game, I can examine all collectibles that I have in my bags and add them to the appropriate collections. But when I want to actually play, I add the Journal files back into my custom UI. This gives me the browser buttons to which I am enslaved, but I cannot add collectibles to my collections.

These files are relatively fresh; I downloaded them within the past week.

CivicPetunia 03-29-2011 02:22 AM

I'm sorry - I'm also using the EQ2Map Updater. It seems to work fine; its files are in the same custom UI where I put the Journal and Journal InfoCenter files.

Drumstix42 03-29-2011 02:28 AM

I may have forgotten to update the InfoCenter addon download for the Journal. For now you'll have to use just the normal standalone Journal download until I get that patched.

CivicPetunia 03-29-2011 04:18 PM

Thank you! I can use the InfoCenter that I just downloaded and retain my ability to examine collectibles; just can't use the journal addon with the journals_active and journals_quest files. That's ok - in fact I am using them but just remove them periodically to go through collectibles.

Wonderful addons and thank you for both your work and your creativity!

CivicPetunia 03-30-2011 01:02 AM

Thanks again! Just added eq2ui_journals_active.xml and eq2ui_journals_quest.xml this evening to play and behold! Everything worked! Both browser buttons and collectables! So I don't know what the magic was. In all cases I have downloaded the zip file to my desktop, extracted the contents, and then copied the files into my customui folder in the game's UI folder. Nothing different this evening.

So - for the moment at least - life is beautiful again. Thanks so much!

Sacraed 05-23-2011 10:12 PM

Still no add window for the collectabls

Yep, it started happening to me on May 20/11 even with the March fix. Is the mod in need of another tweak?

I'm addicted to the mod as well and am at a loss as to how to fix it. I may need a sedative to get over this! :-)

Sacraed

viper831 05-24-2011 01:30 PM

Yhea same issue here. Also using the in game browser sometimes freezes EQ2 and have to close it and restart.