EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   EQ2MAP (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Old Feature - LOC - can it come back? (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11858)

SteveT 11-18-2008 07:42 PM

Old Feature - LOC - can it come back?

I don't know if its possible to bring back after the changes to the map system but I miss how on the old maps when you hovered over a POI it would show the loc co-ordinates down the bottom. Cannot find a feature like this in the new map.

machbane 11-19-2008 09:38 AM

I have to second this request. It was especially helpful when dealing with elevations. One other issue is when tehe map is made smaller the waypoint list overlays the map window. Is there a way to have theat tabbed. Thanks.

tknarr 11-19-2008 10:32 AM

Thirded. Last night my group was running around Moors, and I found myself hovering over POIs as I've always done trying to see what their coordinates are. I often do that when I don't need a specific waypoint so much as an idea of what village or landmark a known set of coordinates are near.

jnils 11-19-2008 11:05 AM

We have decided to add them back in. :)
Will come from a updater near you soon. ;)

karlheinz 11-19-2008 05:11 PM

on that note: the old map system is still lacking a map for moors :(

gm9 11-19-2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlheinz (Post 77555)
on that note: the old map system is still lacking a map for moors :(

EQ2MAP is not supporting the old map system any longer.

karlheinz 11-19-2008 06:55 PM

is that settled? because the "new" map system is actually **** :/

dragowulf 11-19-2008 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlheinz (Post 77569)

Yes. The map system is actually pretty good, just the mixture of huge icons and different maps makes people not want to adapt to change.

gm9 11-19-2008 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlheinz (Post 77569)

I'm sure you meant: I really appreciate the many hours of work you guys put into EQ2MAP, and of course I'll give it a couple of days to get used to the new system to undestand why you thought the new map system is far superior. If I have an idea how to make it even better I will then come back and provide constructive feedback. :D

lordebon 11-19-2008 08:13 PM

My initial reaction to the new map system was mixed... the map window was bigger than I'm used to (covered almost my entire visible area), new icons (that didn't necessarily have the best overlapping in my opinion) as well as unnecessary map splitting (NQ really needs 2 maps?)...

... but it's growing on me, and I certainly appreciate all the hard work that has gone into it. Everything new is always a shock to the system at first... Office 2007's ribbon, anyone? (Although I will admit I still cannot stand it and end up using '03 whenever I can, so maybe bad example ;) ).

But back to the OP -- I wholeheartedly agree. Having the loc of the POI appear there when hovered over was something I used quite a lot.

gamer411 11-19-2008 08:25 PM

I like the new map, i just want my PoI dots back, in the new map you can tell a cliff from just a curve in the map, they are easier to make out.

Also i went with a group into VoES today and that map was gone, and that really sucked!

So will the dots be added back to the new maps? And will the instance maps be added back in for old and new content?

gm9 11-19-2008 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamer411 (Post 77579)
So will the dots be added back to the new maps? And will the instance maps be added back in for old and new content?

As soon as you download the current version of EQ2MAP....

tknarr 11-19-2008 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamer411 (Post 77579)
I like the new map, i just want my PoI dots back, in the new map you can tell a cliff from just a curve in the map, they are easier to make out.

Also i went with a group into VoES today and that map was gone, and that really sucked!

Working on it. :) Or at least one variation of it. This weekend I should have time to sort out the positioning in the POI style XML, create a new file and test the visibility and size of the dots. Once I'm done I'll update my icon patch with it. That'll give multiple options, since the icon_eq2map.dds file that comes with EQ2Map has colored dots and I use the same areas of the file for mine you'll be able to mix-and-match the .dds, style and POI _Skinnable files (EQ2Map's has larger dots, I made mine smaller for less overlapping and clutter).

Drumstix42 11-19-2008 11:45 PM

I think some just don't like the new map images themself. You really can't complain the window is too big... it's resizable.

And even so the new map images are not that bad.

jnils 11-20-2008 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tknarr (Post 77583)
Working on it. :) Or at least one variation of it. This weekend I should have time to sort out the positioning in the POI style XML, create a new file and test the visibility and size of the dots. Once I'm done I'll update my icon patch with it. That'll give multiple options, since the icon_eq2map.dds file that comes with EQ2Map has colored dots and I use the same areas of the file for mine you'll be able to mix-and-match the .dds, style and POI _Skinnable files (EQ2Map's has larger dots, I made mine smaller for less overlapping and clutter).

Keep in mind that there is 40+ types of icons now ,you might run out of colurs ;)

Zonx 11-20-2008 10:28 AM

Now that the official SOE map is released, I also hope to be working more actively on EQ2Maps functionality. Some things just couldn't be done while SOE was still tweaking their version.

Lethan 11-20-2008 11:00 AM

New maps are awesome, cant wait for some more POI's to be added, thanks for the efford to make eq2 even better

gm9 11-20-2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lethan (Post 77632)
New maps are awesome, cant wait for some more POI's to be added, thanks for the efford to make eq2 even better

(Just in case) Most POIs are user submitted: http://maps.eq2interface.com/poi.php?action=new :)