EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Interface Changes (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   [Test] 6.23.08 - Voice Chat and Misc changes (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11206)

Dolby 06-24-2008 12:15 PM

[Test] 6.23.08 - Voice Chat and Misc changes

Here are the following XML Changes found on the test server 6.23.08. The left side is what is on Live server and the right side is what is on the Test server. Changes are shown in red and some xml above and below the changes are left in for context.

Changed:
eq2ui_gamedata.xml
eq2ui_mainhud.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_advancementchoice.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_g15.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_raid.xml
eq2ui_options.xml

New:
eq2ui_mainhud_voicebar.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_voicebar_popup.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_voicechat.xml

keezyrick 06-24-2008 02:01 PM

Dolby I show in my test folder (also)

New:
eq2ui_mainhud_voiceoptions.xml
(an <include> in the eq2ui_mainhud.xml)
eq2ui_voice_template.xml
(an <include> in the eq2ui_mainhud_voicechat.xml)

blackroseanjel 06-24-2008 06:47 PM

wha? adding voice chat?

ok so they are adding voice chat? how is that going to work lol because I know on the Everfrost server that would be a really bad idea with some of the people we have lol.

would it be one big room with everyone on the server in it or group wide or guild wide?? lol guess I am gonna have to do some more research on this....

Drumstix42 06-24-2008 09:04 PM

Pretty much all you need to know:
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/p...opic_id=421330

lordebon 06-25-2008 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackroseanjel (Post 73733)
ok so they are adding voice chat? how is that going to work lol because I know on the Everfrost server that would be a really bad idea with some of the people we have lol.

would it be one big room with everyone on the server in it or group wide or guild wide?? lol guess I am gonna have to do some more research on this....

Well the key is you're not by default in any channels. You don't have to hear your whole server going bonkers, you only join the folks you care to. And you can turn it off entirely if you'd like. There *are* automatically created guild and group voice chats, however -- but as I've said, you only join them if you want.

Drumstix42 06-25-2008 10:40 PM

They seem to being sure of being careful on implementing this system, and I think they're doing a really good job. My favorite feature will probably being able to adjust volumes of all individual "talkers".

nluerdarea 06-26-2008 09:22 AM

Tested it on Test

I patched up Test Server and tried this feature out, and I must say it is looking to be awesome! The sound quality is very clear and the options in this phase 1 are already superb. Some of the features they added are things like

-Players on your ignore list are automatically muted
-Individual mute and volume settings are global (doesn't matter what channel they are in) and retain their settings after logging out and back in.
-Possibility to send "Voice-Tells" to players on your friends list or in your guild.

I can't really remember everything else he mentioned, but they have a lot planned for this feature and it is going smoothly.

pooka 06-26-2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumstix42 (Post 73749)
They seem to being sure of being careful on implementing this system, and I think they're doing a really good job. My favorite feature will probably being able to adjust volumes of all individual "talkers".

Ventrilo also offers the ability to individually adjust settings, but it also has global settings. One of the best is the 'Compressor' setting which allows you to 'normalize' everyone's volume so that you don't have to play with individual settings.

If the devs are paying attention, please provide a normalization feature.

This helps not only with the huge differences between screamers and whisperers, but also moderates 'that guy' in your guild that swings from a decent level to screaming because he just got ganked by a raid of greys.

dragowulf 06-26-2008 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooka (Post 73755)
Ventrilo also offers the ability to individually adjust settings, but it also has global settings. One of the best is the 'Compressor' setting which allows you to 'normalize' everyone's volume so that you don't have to play with individual settings.

If the devs are paying attention, please provide a normalization feature.

This helps not only with the huge differences between screamers and whisperers, but also moderates 'that guy' in your guild that swings from a decent level to screaming because he just got ganked by a raid of greys.

lol. I've been playing AoC lately and I was in a pvp group. Some guy in my group screams "KILL THE NECRO!!!!" on vent. OMG my ears were bleeding. So I'm not really sure what option you are referring to.

depechenode 06-26-2008 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooka (Post 73755)
Ventrilo also offers the ability to individually adjust settings, but it also has global settings. One of the best is the 'Compressor' setting which allows you to 'normalize' everyone's volume so that you don't have to play with individual settings. [size=3]

I just checked my Global tab (Ventrillo). I do not see that compression option. Where else would I set that option?

sorinth 06-26-2008 05:00 PM

Right click on the server name (top line) in your members window (where all the members of the vent chat are located). Goto miscellaneous, then special effects. In the right window near the bottom you will see compressor. Highlight it then add (so it moves to the left window). You can now set the compressor options.

pooka 06-27-2008 09:15 AM

Search google for 'normalize ventrilo'

- Go to Setup

- Enable Direct Sound

- Select the SFX Button

- Select Compressor and click Add.

- Under Compressor Properties use the following settings

- Gain = Adjust for how loud you want people to be. (10-15, more is louder)

- Attack = 0.01

- Release = Around 500

- Threshold = Around -30

- Ratio = 100

- Pre delay = 4.0

depechenode 06-27-2008 01:40 PM

Thanks Pooka!!!