EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   EQ2MAP (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Direction Pointer missing (Yes, I read FAQ) ;-) (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1798)

Vanyari 03-09-2005 09:50 AM

Direction Pointer missing (Yes, I read FAQ) ;-)

On the maps my direction arrow appears only as a white box. I checked the FAQ and found the following:

Q:When I pull up my map, the pointer that shows where I am and which direction I am faceing is gone. Insted I have a Yellow Block. What's the deal?

A:Your icon_map3.dds file isn't in the correct place. It needs to be in yourcustomuifolder\images\icons

However I have verified that the icon_map3.dds file is in the correct place. Any other causes for this?

Also the 'dots' for locations also appear as white squares. Is this intended or do I have a display problem there as well? Thanks!

Quib 03-09-2005 02:20 PM

Ok, let's see if we can get this problem tacked down. The POI icons and location arrow graphics are all in the same file: icon_map3.dds. This file is supposed to reside in yourcustomuifolder\images\icons. I understand that you understand this already; am just restating everything.

There isn't any other "known" (there may be some problem I haven't encountered before) cause for why this would be happening to you and I really don't believe anything but a misnamed folder or file could cause this problem.

Would you please open up Windows Explorer to your icons folder and take a screenshot and attach it here? I know this sounds like a silly way to troubleshoot, but there's always the chance I'll notice something that doesn't look quite right, and if nothing else, will let me know there definately something else that can cause this problem.

Quib

sunthas 03-09-2005 03:25 PM

With the new download it shouldn't be possible, but a common problem before was having an image directory instead of images.

Vanyari 03-10-2005 09:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the help. I completely understand your wanting to cover all the bases, especially the obvious stuff. Took the screenshot but have never tried attaching one here before. Hope it works...

ger 03-10-2005 10:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just to make sure we have the other obvious base covered, your Folder Options dialogue should have the "Hide extensions for known file types" option unchecked. (See attached image; ignore the WindowBlinds skin. Yeah, I like custom interaces, shocking, eh? ;) )

If the option is checked uncheck it and verify that the file isn't actually icon_map3.dds.dds.

taco-man 03-10-2005 11:24 AM

another thing you can try if you still cant get it to work is try using my auto updater for eq2map. you can download it from the eq2map download section, it is still in beta and there will be updates but it should make the eq2map mod work properly i you use it, and the best part is that it will update the eq2map mod on your computer with any new points of interest added on the website every time you run it.

Vanyari 03-11-2005 09:21 AM

Thanks again for the help. I'm happy to say that this seems to be working now. I went in to verify the extension (it was ok) and just started messing around with it. Eventually i deleted the entire interface, redownloaded it and reinstalled everything. For whatever reason that seemed to do the trick.

Thanks for the pointer to the auto-updater, I'll definately be looking into that.