EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   ProfitUI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Ninja change to the UI? (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16766)

Papabard 11-29-2012 10:31 AM

Ninja change to the UI?

You are using a UI mod that is not compatable with a recent change to the tooltip system.

Hotbar tool tips dont show up

Papabard 11-29-2012 10:41 AM

apparently what ever screw up soe did to the broker is in relation to this tooltip crap making even the default ui report that crap.

raveneye_pl 11-29-2012 11:08 AM

Confirming - no tooltips whatsoever, weird view of many items on the broker.

Broker view examples:
No name for spells, adornments, furniture, DM items, raws, collectibles, L+L pieces and probably others.
Armor and other gear seems okay.
Some preset broker searches (that search for items that currently have no name) return an empty window.
Double-clicking own brokered items w/o a name returns al items on the broker where the item name won't show.

Maelya 11-29-2012 11:15 AM

They "fixed" tooltips to show experimentation results but obviously instead they totally broke then. Broker is totally hosed. New level chat doesn't work. This patch is AWESOME.

Rasaraja 11-29-2012 11:49 AM

This bug was reported on SOE's Test Forum, but still it got pushed live.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/i...305/#post-9987

tknarr 11-29-2012 11:53 AM

I'm sending changes up to the updater with a few fixes in them. There was a fix to guild event filters (some missing icons), a fix to the login screen (which you normally don't see) and I added the second progress bar to the tooltips examine window. I think what's happening is the new programmers are hard-coding references to UI objects in code instead of letting the UI XML handle things, result things work in the default UI but fail in any UI mod that doesn't follow exactly what's in the default UI. That and, being new, they're probably not testing again in a clean environment and leaving out bits like the guild events icons.

mourne 11-29-2012 12:25 PM

Just delete the 'examine' file in your UI folder.

silence_1 11-29-2012 12:38 PM

Same issue, hoping it's the broker bug causing it.

Jamesc146 11-29-2012 02:24 PM

Is there a fix for this in the works or are we waiting for SOE to fix their end?

Papabard 11-29-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesc146 (Post 101826)
Is there a fix for this in the works or are we waiting for SOE to fix their end?

The new examine window on the patcher has tooltips working again broker is on soe's end.

Rasaraja 11-30-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tknarr (Post 101815)
I'm sending changes up to the updater with a few fixes in them. There was a fix to guild event filters (some missing icons), a fix to the login screen (which you normally don't see) and I added the second progress bar to the tooltips examine window. I think what's happening is the new programmers are hard-coding references to UI objects in code instead of letting the UI XML handle things, result things work in the default UI but fail in any UI mod that doesn't follow exactly what's in the default UI. That and, being new, they're probably not testing again in a clean environment and leaving out bits like the guild events icons.

Thanks for the fast turn around on this fix. The Tool Tip bug was a major PIA.

http://www.eq2interface.com/images/s...ies/banana.gif

Celestialnature 12-01-2012 03:28 PM

I spent way too much time last night doing everything that was recommended to fix the tooltips issue. I have absolutely no tooltips for spells or inventory items. I've tried deleting the examine file in profitUI folder and that did not help either. I have checked updates again today and nothing new. Any advice? It was said best when it was said that this is a real PIA!

Papabard 12-01-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celestialnature (Post 101901)
I spent way too much time last night doing everything that was recommended to fix the tooltips issue. I have absolutely no tooltips for spells or inventory items. I've tried deleting the examine file in profitUI folder and that did not help either. I have checked updates again today and nothing new. Any advice? It was said best when it was said that this is a real PIA!

Make sure you don't have 2 different installs of Profit. With the examine file removed exit and reload the game and see if you have tooltips then run the updater again. Keep in mind 3 people who have said they are still having issues are updating the UI but staying in game and thinking its not fixed you have to restart the game client.

Aiso I would resort back to Default UI and see if you still have the issue considering without the examine file the game will use the Default

Celestialnature 12-03-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papabard (Post 101904)
Make sure you don't have 2 different installs of Profit. With the examine file removed exit and reload the game and see if you have tooltips then run the updater again. Keep in mind 3 people who have said they are still having issues are updating the UI but staying in game and thinking its not fixed you have to restart the game client.

Aiso I would resort back to Default UI and see if you still have the issue considering without the examine file the game will use the Default

I did all that but it didn't work. However, I did a search for the examine file through my entire computer and found one hiding somewhere. I deleted that and now it's working. Thanks for the help. Sorry it took so long I just came off 2 night shifts.

deveryn 12-13-2012 11:42 AM

Thanks for the tip. This wasn't a problem for me with the original change, but it came up today. Clearing out the examine file worked.

Papabard 12-13-2012 12:14 PM

Yep looks like they made another change to the tooltip system which has again broke the window.

Berekona 12-13-2012 12:53 PM

Yup was just about to post this but you beat me to it :)