EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Help!?!?! (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Manually editing the eq2_uisettings.xml file? (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17706)

Nexxusofa178 01-04-2014 12:31 PM

Manually editing the eq2_uisettings.xml file?

Does anyone know what the name of the "NEW QUEST WINDOW" in the eq2_uisettings.xml file would be?

My problem is every time I start the game and go to get a new quest, the new quest window opens at the very bottom of the screen and I have to drag it up in the middle. Once I drag it up, it will stay there for the duration of my game play, even if I zone. I will save_uisettings but if I log out and log back in, it's back at the bottom of the screen.

I have narrowed the problem down to the Server_Charname_eq2_uisettings.xml file. I loaded up a brand new install of the game and the only thing I imported was the xml file and the problem persisted. I do not want to have to set up my whole new layout as I spent hours on aligning my bags and bank boxes and hot bars, etc, etc, etc.

So I'm thinking if I can just edit the xml file and manually set the coordinates for this window I will be set. I opened this file and see several different elements as displayed below:

Code:

<Window Name="Breath" alignment="5" alignment_offset="108,-286
<Window Name="Browser" alignment="8" alignment_offset="27,-73"
<Window Name="Casting" alignment="5" alignment_offset="107,-31
<Window Name="ChatOptions" alignment="7" alignment_offset="94,
<Window Name="Clock" alignment="3" alignment_offset="-293,-16"
<Window Name="Compass" alignment="1" alignment_offset="-321,1"

This is just a small subset of the file with easy to determine names. I just can't figure out which of the other element(s) in that file would control the location of the NEW QUEST WINDOW.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Darqwood 01-04-2014 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nexxusofa178 (Post 104636)
Does anyone know what the name of the "NEW QUEST WINDOW" in the eq2_uisettings.xml file would be?

My problem is every time I start the game and go to get a new quest, the new quest window opens at the very bottom of the screen and I have to drag it up in the middle. Once I drag it up, it will stay there for the duration of my game play, even if I zone. I will save_uisettings but if I log out and log back in, it's back at the bottom of the screen.

I have narrowed the problem down to the Server_Charname_eq2_uisettings.xml file. I loaded up a brand new install of the game and the only thing I imported was the xml file and the problem persisted. I do not want to have to set up my whole new layout as I spent hours on aligning my bags and bank boxes and hot bars, etc, etc, etc.

So I'm thinking if I can just edit the xml file and manually set the coordinates for this window I will be set. I opened this file and see several different elements as displayed below:

Code:

<Window Name="Breath" alignment="5" alignment_offset="108,-286
<Window Name="Browser" alignment="8" alignment_offset="27,-73"
<Window Name="Casting" alignment="5" alignment_offset="107,-31
<Window Name="ChatOptions" alignment="7" alignment_offset="94,
<Window Name="Clock" alignment="3" alignment_offset="-293,-16"
<Window Name="Compass" alignment="1" alignment_offset="-321,1"

This is just a small subset of the file with easy to determine names. I just can't figure out which of the other element(s) in that file would control the location of the NEW QUEST WINDOW.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I believe the window that offers quests is called "RewardPack." It's interesting that you post about this, because I have one character that for the past few days has this same thing happening -- the new quest window keeps moving down the screen. Other characters don't seem to have this problem. /shrug

Mysstie 01-04-2014 06:11 PM

Look in the file for entries similar to:

Code:

<Window Name="RewardPack_clone_0" alignment="1" alignment_offset="9,187" size="334,313">
            <Properties clone_version="4" />
        </Window>

You might have several of them. Backup your UI settings file and then just delete all these RewardPack_clone_# entries. In this case I would delete all three lines.

When you start the game, the Quest window will appear in its default location near the top-left edge of the screen (does for me) and then move it where you want it. Sometimes the game gets confused if there are too many entries.

Hope that helps :)

Nexxusofa178 01-07-2014 04:25 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you Mysstie!!! This indeed fixed it!!!

Now, prior to reading this, I found another post about regarding the "eq2ui_popup_rewardpack.xml" file. By default this file is in the Games\Everquest II\UI\Default folder. I copied this file into my UI\EQ2MAP folder and edited the "location" field to "1127, 244" which was the x,y coordinates of where I wanted the window to pop up.

Now this worked for any characters without an existing uisettings.xml file. But for some reason I guess those entries in my existing uisettings file overrode the coordiates in the rewardpack file.

Bottom line, once I deleted all of the rewardpack_clone entries as you suggested from my characters' existing uisettings.xml file, it then pulled from the exact coordinates I set it at and has worked perfectly ever since! I'm sure your way works fine without manually editing the x,y coordinates - I just happened to do that first in my attempt to fix this on my own. So for anyone else reading this, I would try Mysstie's way first.

Again, thank you so much. I don't have to pull my hair out now. :)