EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   DrumsUI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   DrumsUI Spell Timer add-on (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15739)

alugilac 07-24-2011 12:11 AM

I'm working on integrating this into Profit and was wondering if this will work as a stand alone addon.

I can see the spell list window and I can see the tracking window, but when I click edit, it brings up the eq2maps POI editor and I'm not sure why.

Any thoughts?

Drumstix42 07-24-2011 02:46 AM

I'll release it as a standalone mod soon. I don't have the time to explain what files, and how to incorporate them as standalone. You'd have to dig through the files and code.

alugilac 07-24-2011 03:49 AM

Sounds good, thank you for the addon, its great.

I did some testing and found something interesting.

For each spell I casted that my current addon uses that displays the bars we talked about at the start of the thread, I lost 2fps per bar.

that's a lot of loss, so I'm eager to do a change over, so it good to hear a stand alone will come soon.

Thank you!

Drumstix42 07-24-2011 04:12 AM

For every extra window on screen you will see a fps decrease, including Icons displaying. It seems to be a dynamic data thing, as well as just how the UI engine runs. The spell timer mods that have the constant color changing code seems to cause a lot more of a performance hit however. So I tried to use a little updating code as possible, while still allowing up to 15 spells to be tracked.

Dymond 08-08-2011 02:03 PM

Is there anyway to get timers like these for procs off of adornments? i would love to see how often certain adornments actually proc

Drumstix42 08-08-2011 03:54 PM

Literally the only spells it can track are those that go into maintained window.
Anything else is currently impossible via the UI.

Dymond 08-08-2011 07:23 PM

ok last question for you drumstick any chance you could get the ui so it better fits my 1600 x 900 res?

Drumstix42 08-08-2011 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dymond (Post 98018)
ok last question for you drumstick any chance you could get the ui so it better fits my 1600 x 900 res?

There's not too much I can do for varying resolutions. Players that run at super resolutions request bigger windows, and those at smaller resolutions, ask for smaller windows. Without easy ways to scale the UI, I cannot easily code it to adapt. Sorry mate.

I'd suggest hiding things you don't always need, such as minimap, clock, extra chat windows (use tabs instead). Other than that, I'm not too sure.

Dymond 08-09-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumstix42 (Post 98021)
There's not too much I can do for varying resolutions. Players that run at super resolutions request bigger windows, and those at smaller resolutions, ask for smaller windows. Without easy ways to scale the UI, I cannot easily code it to adapt. Sorry mate.

I'd suggest hiding things you don't always need, such as minimap, clock, extra chat windows (use tabs instead). Other than that, I'm not too sure.

I appreciate the help

alugilac 08-16-2011 09:19 AM

Any update on the stand alone version?

Drumstix42 08-16-2011 02:13 PM

Yes, I was away for part of the week. I'll upload it tonight, or tomorrow.

Drumstix42 08-17-2011 03:57 PM

This is now available as an individual download:
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=5057

Please leave some feedback if you have troubles or even if you install it without a hitch :)

alugilac 08-19-2011 09:36 PM

Woot! Thanks! I'll get to installing this asap.

astroboy002 11-02-2011 02:15 AM

Unable to edit spells in spell timer settings window

Hello, sorry to ask probably a newbie question. I am using Profit UI and I downloaded Your Drums standalone Spell Timer add on. I assumed I installed correctly. the spell timer settings window pops up and also the spell timer window shows up too. Just when I click on the Edit button, I get another window popping up with Places of Interests. Could I please get some help to see what I may have done wrong or if u can point me in the right direction that would be great. Thankyou for ur time in reading my post.
p.s. the DrumsUI spell Timer version I downloaded is 2011.8.17 just in case u needed to know.=)

Drumstix42 11-02-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astroboy002 (Post 98611)
Hello, sorry to ask probably a newbie question. I am using Profit UI and I downloaded Your Drums standalone Spell Timer add on. I assumed I installed correctly. the spell timer settings window pops up and also the spell timer window shows up too. Just when I click on the Edit button, I get another window popping up with Places of Interests. Could I please get some help to see what I may have done wrong or if u can point me in the right direction that would be great. Thankyou for ur time in reading my post.
p.s. the DrumsUI spell Timer version I downloaded is 2011.8.17 just in case u needed to know.=)

Make sure the file "eq2ui_popup_add_poi.xml" is correctly installed from the zip as well as "eq2map_ignorelist.xml". If you are missing the ignorelist file, EQ2maps will overwrite the file and that will cause your problem to occur.

The mod shares the Point of Interest window to be able to save options, so all files be must extracted to your UI folder. Try installing/unzipping it again.

Tyann 01-23-2013 12:16 AM

Might be too much to ask but.. It would be nice if you could select for the spell to use recast timer or effects timer being they are normally longer and would give you a more accurate recast.

Just a Idea

T68420 08-12-2013 11:08 AM

Can this be used to track wards and the such that folks put on you?

Drumstix42 08-12-2013 02:59 PM

No. Only things that show up in the Maintained window.

Aleks05 01-21-2014 05:25 AM

Is there any way that I can track a spell with a version number in it, like "Hunker Down VII"? And this spell for example show up in the Maintained window but not in your Spell Timer Window.
(Or is it only for german not working with the numbers from the "normal" spells.)

Drumstix42 01-21-2014 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleks05 (Post 104718)
Is there any way that I can track a spell with a version number in it, like "Hunker Down VII"? And this spell for example show up in the Maintained window but not in your Spell Timer Window.
(Or isnt it only for german not working with the numbers from the "normal" spells.)

Non-English characters unfortunately won't work with this UI mod. In English client, you would simply put in: Hunker Down VII in the option.

Aleks05 01-21-2014 08:37 AM

Ok, this is sad but anyway thanks for the answer and it looks like non tool/UI-addon can this with german spells. And I use this window nevertheless because it is useful for the AA-Spells or spells without numbers/versions.

vixyn 01-22-2014 02:43 PM

Have you tried Luosky's version? http://www.eq2interface.com/download...pellTimer.html

It seems to work well enough for French users, may work for German. Also, I know the comments say it hasn't worked since DoV - I'm not sure why, but it works fine combined with DrumsUI on a Swashbuckler, Brigand, Defiler and Warlock.

elowith 01-27-2014 05:15 PM

I have had to reinstall Drums and have fixed my spell timers so they show on the 'regular' maintained window, but the spell timer window is not displaying. F10 isn't showing it. Help?

Drumstix42 01-27-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elowith (Post 104773)
I have had to reinstall Drums and have fixed my spell timers so they show on the 'regular' maintained window, but the spell timer window is not displaying. F10 isn't showing it. Help?

Bring up the DrumsUI Main Menu (The UI button on the Stat Bar).
Under Spell Timer settings in the drop down, make sure it is turned on with the checkbox.

elowith 01-28-2014 09:09 AM

Thanks, I feel a bit dim. However, the spells I put in don't seem to be saving across sessions. What do I need to do to avoid this?

Thanks