EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Help!?!?! (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   1 Character keeps crashing... (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7791)

Rabekkah 02-06-2007 08:19 PM

1 Character keeps crashing...

I've been using Profit UI for some time now. All of the sudden when I log in with one of my Characters, I crash as soon as it's done loading. None of my other characters on the account have this problem and none on my other account have this problem. I have to uninstall and reinstall eq2 in order to get her to log in with no problem. Just deleting the UI folder and all the files doesn't work. I even tried installing another UI to see if it was just profit and I crashed with another UI as well. I'm sooo frustrated :( and need my profit back!! Any suggestions??

Valdacil 02-06-2007 08:22 PM

That's a Sony problem. It's all over the forums (Sony) about people crashing for no appearent reason. Sony's only response is that they are aware of stability issues, but haven't offered a suggested reason or fix. I wager it's on their end. Interface problems don't seem to make sense since typically it's just one character with the problem.

This problem just hit me today. One of my characters crashes shortly after logging in. All other characters work just fine. I've yet to figure out what the problem is.

Deathbane27 02-06-2007 08:31 PM

In some cases, deleting that character's uisettings.ini file solves the issue, but it usually just crops up again later.

Lanners 02-06-2007 08:45 PM

What I did...

I had same problem crashing when zoning with 1 character but i just installed the 3.0.2 Profit Reborn (The one b4 3.0.3 of course) and i can zone with that character now w/o crashing = D :nana: :nana: :nana:

Lan :cool:

Rabekkah 02-06-2007 09:09 PM

SOE tells me its my UI and that I have to delete all the ui files and the maps and clear my catch and cookies and that will fix it...yeah right sure it does lol
They upgraded my problem to a tier 2 problem and those guys are also telling me that it's my problem not theirs.

Where can I get the 3.0.2? I looked earlier today for a previous version and couldn't find any.

Lanners 02-06-2007 09:37 PM

I kept mine but ill see if i cant get ya it

Lan

Lanners 02-06-2007 09:40 PM

Btw

I have something i can maybe give to u but mine comes with a bunch of addons for certain windows...
But if you dont care ill send it too u if i can

Lan

Rabekkah 02-07-2007 12:28 AM

That would be great I'd really appreciate it! Thank you so much.

gm9 02-07-2007 05:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I would agree that this doesn't sound like an UI problem, but I've been out of the loop for a while so maybe my 3.0.2 version does help. See attached.

Beldin 02-07-2007 12:01 PM

Its a known bug, look here :

Quote:

Just to let everyone know, we are aware that some people are experiencing game crashes due to corrupt UI files. When the game crashes you may or may not loose your UI file in the process. Some people are deleting the UI files in an attempt to fix the problem, but this does not always work.

We do have a dev team member working on this right now, and I will do what I can to keep people updated as I learn about the progress. The best thing everyone can do is to contact customer service immediately when this happens. Do not delete your UI files before contacting customer service! The information you provide will help us get to the bottom of this quicker.

Thanks for your help!

----
Craig "Grimwell" Dalrymple
EQ2 Community Manager
Sony Online Entertainment
http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/e...ge.id=333#M333

Rabekkah 02-07-2007 12:31 PM

Thank you *sigh*

Deathbane27 02-07-2007 02:29 PM

There's some not-quite-as-dark at the end of the tunnel, though.

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/e...202775#M202775

Quote:

Hi all,

I thought I would stop by and offer some feedback to this thread. There's a lot of good information in here, which really helps. Thank you for that.

Based on the information from this thread, I believe I know what's causing the problem. After we do some internal testing on it we'll get it hotfixed out.

Client crashes are never fun. My apologies.

Joshua "Autenil" Kriegshauser
Senior Programmer, EverQuest II
Sony Online Entertainment

anfrey 02-08-2007 02:24 AM

my main got hit with the bug day before yesterday... it really blows... gonna try the temporary fix tonight

Vanyari 02-08-2007 09:31 AM

Just fyi, servers are going down at 7a pst this morning (Thursday) for a fix for this to be patched.

Rabekkah 02-08-2007 01:10 PM

Yay the patch worked for me! :nana:
Lets hope it's a real fix :D

telerie 02-08-2007 05:38 PM

Not a UI

This crashing is not an UI problem, seeing how I use the default anyways. It happens when zoning, quest, vet reward claims, and I hear even attacking social mobs which I have not done (too afraid to move and crash)

The problem is them completly. Its not LU#31 either. On monday night or tuesday a few files were updated by the patcher, it was very quick to the point of hardly being seen. Thats when my problems started. Not sure what files they updated or why but I am sure thats what happened.

SpellWeaver 02-13-2007 09:54 PM

SoE was having a major issue with UI's that were loaded from other characters becomming corrupted and causing the character to crash repeatedly. according to the update notes, the isue has since been fixed. I know I haven't had a problem since they "fixed" it.

If you are still having issues, I would suggest deleting the characters UI file for the one that is having issues and reloading another one for it.