EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   ProfitUI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Browser keeps cycling (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16496)

vc50er 06-19-2012 11:45 AM

Browser keeps cycling

The browser keeps loading the page in. Makes it impossible to use it.

Therendil 06-19-2012 07:35 PM

The new browser appears to be seriously broken at SOE's level. I can't even try to load a page without crashing the client immediately. We'll have to wait for SOE to fix their bugs before we can evaluate any issues with Profit

vc50er 06-21-2012 12:59 PM

Browser Problems

I renamed eq2ui_Browser... by renaming it with jeq2ui_Br....
(using the default Browser)

It works fine. Even brings in the quest info. No cycling.

Reverting back will be just as easy...:nana: Hope they fix it soon.

tknarr 06-21-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vc50er (Post 100509)
I renamed eq2ui_Browser... by renaming it with jeq2ui_Br....
(using the default Browser)

Those files don't affect the browser itself. They're just the UI XML defining the window, and the problem isn't in the UI XML. They do have a hotfix today that fixes the .dll files for Awesomium, hopefully that fixes the problems (I can't check until I'm off work).

Therendil 06-21-2012 11:18 PM

I just checked the results of today's patch. The browser no longer crashes the client when I try to go to a page. It hangs the system until I start Task Manager and *then* it crashes the client. Not sure if this counts as an improvement.

Landiin 06-22-2012 12:00 AM

I've tried to get the default one to crash me. It hasn't yet, maybe I am just lucky IDK. Now watch it start crashing my client. >.<

tknarr 06-22-2012 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Therendil (Post 100514)
I just checked the results of today's patch. The browser no longer crashes the client when I try to go to a page. It hangs the system until I start Task Manager and *then* it crashes the client. Not sure if this counts as an improvement.

Same here. Does it in the default UI with a new character and fresh UI settings, so it's not anyone's UI mods doing it. Tech Support's got nothing. There's a thread in the support forums for the issues, I'd suggest everyone having problems post there (and make sure you've done the "happens in the default UI" check, no sense giving them any reason to dismiss reports as "must be your UI mod causing it").

Therendil 06-22-2012 11:06 AM

The June 21 patch notes have a link to a specific topic to report ongoing browser problems. Be sure you post to that topic, as it's the one specified by SOE.

Mysstie 06-22-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Therendil (Post 100517)
The June 21 patch notes have a link to a specific topic to report ongoing browser problems. Be sure you post to that topic, as it's the one specified by SOE.

That link doesn't work, here it is: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/p...opic_id=519345 :)

Therendil 06-22-2012 09:05 PM

Hmph. Something got mangled pasting the link. I fixed it.

Suziekew 06-22-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Therendil (Post 100514)

Same thing for me. Instead of crashing, I hang until I call up task manager as well.

EQfan3030 06-29-2012 03:07 PM

As of today, I tried the same quick fix vc50 did by renaming the Profit file and the Default such as it is works in game, but when I go back and try to use the file in Profit, It pulls the page up, but goes into an endless refresh cycle. Not sure if this helps or not, but for what it's worth, it does seem to work that way, by using the default, atleast for me.

tknarr 06-29-2012 10:00 PM

I'll take another look, but last night in the default UI it was still crashing my client the moment I tried to view any page. I'm pretty sure the various behaviors are system-dependent. The only thing I can think of that'd make the Profit window loop and the default not is something in the browser component not liking having multiple instances (Profit uses one instance for each tab, the default only has one instance). If that's the case, it has to be fixed in the browser component and not the UI XML.

Darqwood 06-30-2012 09:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
When the new awesomium browser pane is resized, it refreshes the contents. Whenever the ProfitUI status bar pops up at the bottom, it resizes the current browser, sending the page into an endless loop. If you defeat the OnHide and OnShow actions on the status bar, the window will settle down.

I have attached a mod that disables OnHide and OnShow on the status bars. It appears to be stable, although you won't get a status bar on tabs 2 through 8.

EQfan3030 06-30-2012 01:55 PM

No more rolling for Profit with that file. Thanks, looks so much better than the default.

tknarr 06-30-2012 03:43 PM

I do find the status bar useful. Possibly forcing it to be always shown? Or 2 variants, one with a permanent status bar and one with no status bar?

rrr80120 07-03-2012 12:06 PM

Re:In-Game Browser Cycling

I was having issues getting into Crystaline Breaks and the GM suggested that I clear the cache and the login cache and try getting in with the default ui. It didn't help but while in the default ui, I brought up the in-game browser and had no problems whatsoever, but when I went back to Profit UI, it started cycling just like it had before.

Looks like it's on you not Sony this time.

tknarr 07-03-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrr80120 (Post 100613)
I was having issues getting into Crystaline Breaks and the GM suggested that I clear the cache and the login cache and try getting in with the default ui. It didn't help but while in the default ui, I brought up the in-game browser and had no problems whatsoever, but when I went back to Profit UI, it started cycling just like it had before.

Looks like it's on you not Sony this time.

The fixed file's been sent to Kaldran, just waiting for it to hit the updater.
The file's also attached to the most recent message in this thread: http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=16489