EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Released (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Bottom TyeJae Steel mod - Perdition (1280*1024) and (1600*1200) (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1615)

perdition 02-25-2005 08:43 AM

Bottom TyeJae Steel mod - Perdition (1280*1024) and (1600*1200)

2 Attachment(s)
Hello All :)

I start this new thread not to mix Original Tyejae Steel, Enhanced TyeJae Steel by Aalwein and TyeJae steel Bottom version by me.

We will start this new thread with a redesign of the bottom part.

There is some more tunning to do (button name , implied target sign, etc..)

This new one use a popup for the implied target and he's parent design.

This give to the bottom a smaller size and a better tyejae steel style.

what do you think about it ?

Khandor 02-25-2005 10:03 AM

Looks awesome. I like how the chat window / hotbar window are higher than the other stats with the angle piece. Looks really nice, I can't wait till it's ready for d/l. :b

The pop up implied is a good idea, it seems that there is a problem with the "no implied target" message, but I'm sure you know of that. :D

perdition 02-25-2005 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khandor
Looks awesome. I like how the chat window / hotbar window are higher than the other stats with the angle piece. Looks really nice, I can't wait till it's ready for d/l. :b

The pop up implied is a good idea, it seems that there is a problem with the "no implied target" message, but I'm sure you know of that. :D

Don't forget that it's your fault Khandor if i'm working again and again on it, your angle idear was so good that I made this new bottom with angles :p

If I do not encounter any problem I will upload it tomorrow :)

nikecmh 02-25-2005 10:57 AM

I'd love if a version was 1600x1200, if not I can't use it :mad:

Nevertheless, it looks awesome :)

perdition 02-25-2005 11:17 AM

Hello Nikecmh :)

I will maybe release a little patch for the 1600*1200 version.

In fact I think that making the Journal active quest resizable will allow you to play with his size and the size of the secondary chat window to have it for 1600. For the bottom, using 6 one lines Hotkey bar instead of 3 double lines hotkey bar plus playing with the mainchat size can make something for 1600.

If you are interesting in it , I will check for that ;)

Khandor 02-25-2005 12:21 PM

hehe. Hey, it's not like I forced you to do it ya know. :b

But the UI looks really good how you got it in the screens. Better than what I was expecting. :cool:

**EDIT** Just to be annoying, after review of the pics again. The implied target need to come over to the right just slightly. You got a gap between the hotbar and the implied target. :b **EDIT**

perdition 02-26-2005 07:06 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Update V4

Hello All :)

Here is the V4 release which contains a complete reskinning of the UI, smaller, with better TyeJae style.

Package has been uploaded and he's waiting for approval :cool:

It's also working for 1600 * 1200 now !

You will find two ini file depending of your resolution.

Delete entirely the old UI , put the new one and.......Enjoy !! :nana:

Arcturis 02-26-2005 07:45 AM

1600 x 1200

THen i'll be trying this for sure. Haven't found a skin that i realy like size i have to run at this rez. Well, don't HAVE to, but ...

A

Deathbane27 02-26-2005 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arcturis
THen i'll be trying this for sure. Haven't found a skin that i realy like size i have to run at this rez. Well, don't HAVE to, but ...

A

But windowed mode is just so handy and you don't want the game only covering half your screen, right? :p That's why I'm stuck at 1280x1024 instead of scaling it down to preserve framerate.

Khandor 02-26-2005 10:24 AM

oooooo.. looks good. I can't wait to try it. :nana: :nana: :nana:

aalwein 02-26-2005 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathbane27
But windowed mode is just so handy and you don't want the game only covering half your screen, right? :p That's why I'm stuck at 1280x1024 instead of scaling it down to preserve framerate.

tried wineq? http://www.lavishsoft.com

perdition 02-26-2005 04:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
HOTKEY fix

Please find attached the Hotkey fix

nikecmh 02-26-2005 04:48 PM

1600x1200 :eek:

THANK YOU :nana:

nikecmh 02-26-2005 06:04 PM

Just installed the mod and I love it. Thanks for the 1600x1200 version.

The only thing that im missing that I liked was the mod found here http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1415

Is there anyway for me to have your UI , but with the words showing up. I tried using his UI but the hotkeys are 2 big and it distorts the whole setup. Also I know the hotkeys you have are kinda small when in 1600x1200 but I love this UI that I am willing to cope with it. Just having some tiny words would seal the deal for me.

Khandor 02-26-2005 10:28 PM

Love the UI. I can't find anything to make it better than it is right now. :)

I like how you put the implied target on top of the target window and gave it an angled corner, makes the whole UI flow nicely as one. If you can stand leaving the text size at 15, you can take the secondary chat window and shrink it up to where the bottom of the chat lines up perfectly with the clock window. That's what I did and then added the compass underneath that and it looks great. I love it. :) :D

bjones 02-27-2005 02:35 PM

Love V4

I like V4 even more than I liked v3 and i didn't think that possible. One thing I noticed though in both v3 and v4. The text for experience, at certain percentages have a glitch in them as seen below in both my adventuring bar and tradeskill.

James

perdition 02-27-2005 02:57 PM

I will have a look on it

Tobiah 02-27-2005 03:18 PM

Pretty.. very pretty

urlryn 02-27-2005 04:16 PM

Great UI

what is the easiest I can fix all the text back to english?

Tobiah 02-27-2005 05:46 PM

Play on EU/US server

perdition 02-28-2005 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urlryn
Great UI

what is the easiest I can fix all the text back to english?

please tell me or show me through a screenshot what is not in english

perdition 02-28-2005 05:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjones
I like V4 even more than I liked v3 and i didn't think that possible. One thing I noticed though in both v3 and v4. The text for experience, at certain percentages have a glitch in them as seen below in both my adventuring bar and tradeskill.

James

Please test this one and let me know if it's ok :)

perdition 02-28-2005 05:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikecmh
Just installed the mod and I love it. Thanks for the 1600x1200 version.

The only thing that im missing that I liked was the mod found here http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1415

Is there anyway for me to have your UI , but with the words showing up. I tried using his UI but the hotkeys are 2 big and it distorts the whole setup. Also I know the hotkeys you have are kinda small when in 1600x1200 but I love this UI that I am willing to cope with it. Just having some tiny words would seal the deal for me.

Try this one and let me know

Arcturis 02-28-2005 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perdition
Try this one and let me know

I tried this one, since i'd like the labels too. Here's what i've found.

- THe labels are a bit big for the icon size, i tried to reduce these but it didn't work.

- With the labels, there looks like there are 2 primary, secondary, and tertialy bars, but pressing '2' didn't have the desired affect.

Sorry if this sounds a bit vague, it's 6am :)

I can add a screen shot later if this is inclear.

A

Kulamin 02-28-2005 09:55 AM

No tradeskill xp?

I'm digging this UI. First complete set I've ever been excited about. However I don't tradeskill at all and would like to recover that screen space for the TS xp bar. Any chance to get a version without this? I tried to edit the graphic in Photoshop but didn't know what a .dds was to remove that portion. The part in UI Building I think I could figure out.

Also, when I log back in and start to type a msg a new chat window opens up until I right click the main one and choose "always chat here." I don't think thats related to this UI per say - seem to recall that being a general problem with tabbed chatting atm. But thought I'd ask if anybody had a RQ answer to it.

Thanks!