EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   ProfitUI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Alternative Experience Window/Start Button with Target Casting toggle (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17547)

Mystara0001 06-25-2013 05:38 PM

Alternative Experience Window/Start Button with Target Casting toggle

2 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone,

I am one of those players that finds the Target Casting window to be immensely useful, yet at the same time know that it can get in the way. After a lot of though and consideration I created a variant of the Start Button both standalone and on the Experience Window that replaces the "Night Vision" button (Something I personally never use) with a toggle button, labelled 'T', that will Show/Hide the Target Casting window.

By default the Target Casting window is hidden when you log in/switch characters and will have to be turned on initially. I have tested this during casting and it works just fine as it is simply a single mouse click.

While this may not be a solution for everyone as I'm sure some people do use the "Night Vision" feature, it did address the main needs I had which were:
  • Does not require two macros to show/hide the window, which frees up 2 hotbar spaces.
  • Able to simply toggle the window on and off with a single click as needed.
  • Always present somewhere on screen.
I am submitting the two files for review and would like to formally request that this be added as an official variant to the Auto Updater please.

Mystara0001 06-28-2013 02:38 PM

I'm surprised I haven't heard a thing back on this. It's been quite some time.

tknarr 06-28-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystara0001 (Post 103912)
I'm surprised I haven't heard a thing back on this. It's been quite some time.

I'm working through the latest update and trying to clean up a bunch of little things. Ideally I'd like to include this in the batch.

Mystara0001 06-29-2013 01:39 PM

Thank you for the update!

Zidu 06-30-2013 04:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I currently use a modified control center file posted by Silat some time ago to adjust the target cast on/off via a checkbox.

The only downside is that the bottom bar config is no longer usable but if you set that up before installing this its no problem.

I did also wanna say that I do sometime use the gamma switch once in a blue moon for Sleepers Tomb.

Mystara0001 06-30-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zidu (Post 103915)
I currently use a modified control center file posted by Silat some time ago to adjust the target cast on/off via a checkbox.

The only downside is that the bottom bar config is no longer usable but if you set that up before installing this its no problem.

I did also wanna say that I do sometime use the gamma switch once in a blue moon for Sleepers Tomb.

I tired this initially and it broke quite a few things. That was when I decided to just do the EXP/Start Button rewrite.

The thing about this is that you can easily take the block of code for that button and replace any other button with it. You would have to do it on both files though, but it's not that difficult.

Mystara0001 07-14-2013 03:15 AM

I saw this got added to the updater (thank you), however it doesn't seem to update the variant correctly. If I select the alternate for this, then it wants to immediately update these back to the original.

In other words, the only way to prevent them from changing back is to select the variant, and then add them to the ignore list.

tknarr 07-14-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystara0001 (Post 103958)
I saw this got added to the updater (thank you), however it doesn't seem to update the variant correctly. If I select the alternate for this, then it wants to immediately update these back to the original.

I found my error. I omitted the paths in variants.xml. The correction's on it's way to Kaldran now.