EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Interface Changes (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   [Test] 2.13.07 (patch) - Interface Changes (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7846)

Dolby 02-14-2007 03:00 AM

[Test] 2.13.07 (patch) - Interface Changes

UI Notes:
  • More items should be interactive with your default mouse click action without having to use the context menu, such as the pillars for the Intercepting Stones quest.
  • Bag Windows are now resizable, re-shapeable, and now have options to modify the icon size and padding.
  • If you use an Escape ability with a quest reward window showing, the reward will appear again after the zoning screen closes.
  • Switching between ProfitUI and Default should no longer cause false version warnings.
  • The recipe examine and tooltip text now contains the minimum and maximum number of items created.
  • Chat command history will now persist between client sessions.
  • You will no longer see "YOUR <spell> heals YOURSELF..." YOURSELF has been replaced by YOU.
  • When loading a set of hotkeys, any items that were in the hotbar when the configuration was saved will now load properly.
  • You can now change the channel numbers in game using /setchannelnumber <old channel number > <new channel number >
  • Equipment slots that are blocked due to adornments are now shown grayed-out in the tooltip and examine window.
  • While using the broker, when you click on the 'Advanced Search' button the cursor focus should automatically jump to the 'Advanced Search' window.
  • Examine info for items with castable abilities will now show any health or power requirements to use them.
  • UI Authors: The embedded browser used for the petition window is available for your custom use. To see the sample window, type /show_window MainHUD.Browser
Test - 2.13.07 (patch)

Here are the following XML Changes found on the test server 2.13.07. The left side is what is on live server 2.13.07 and the right side is what is on the test server now 2.13.07. Changes are shown in red and some xml above and below the changes are left in for context.

Please keep in mind these changes have not gone live yet and more changes may be in the works and only introduced on patch day.

Changed:
eq2ui_community.xml
eq2ui_ImageStyles.xml
eq2ui_inventory.xml
eq2ui_inventory_bag.xml
eq2ui_inventory_market.xml
eq2ui_loginscene.xml
eq2ui_mainhud.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_contest.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_help.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_heroic.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_knowledge.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_society.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_tracking.xml
eq2ui_newcharscene2.xml
eq2ui_playerhousing.xml
eq2ui_popup.xml
eq2ui_popup_achievementmerchant.xml
eq2ui_popup_groupoptions.xml
eq2ui_popup_hotkeyoptions.xml
eq2ui_popup_uisettings.xml
eq2ui_RectStyles.xml
eq2ui_specialelements.xml

Changed:
eq2ui_mainhud_browser.xml
eq2ui_popup_bagoptions.xml

Dolby 02-14-2007 03:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Any one else try the browser window and have it work? I used it with the default interface and it doesn't work for me. I see white flashing boxes in the content area of the browser window. The picture doesn't really show it correctly...

Running Vista Premium x32 with Nvidia 8800.

gm9 02-14-2007 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolby
UI Notes:
  • Switching between ProfitUI and Default should no longer cause false version warnings.

Lol, my own live update, that is great. :nana:

Never saw that warning though. :confused:

Othesus 02-14-2007 08:38 PM

No, it looks like the browser isn't quite working yet. I get a white flash of noise when I try to load a page. From what I've read, the petition system in the help window is supposed to use this Mozilla browser too. Anyone hear anything good about this Mozilla thing?

:nana: ;)

Othesus - Dirge - Lucan DLere
Vaspar - Fury - Lucan DLere

Edit: Sorry, the Mozilla thing was a joke! I've been using Firefox since I bought my first PC.

michsageman242 02-15-2007 01:06 AM

Mozilla

As far as the Mozilla browser goes I have been using it for quite some time now. Its far more secure than IE. It also has some nice features for bookmarking, downloads, etc. Check out the website for more info. If the in game browser is Mozilla based that definately is a plus. Hope it starts working good. As of yet I get the same thing.

Sage :nana: :cool: :nana:

dragowulf 02-15-2007 08:43 AM

I dont use Mozilla, for it seems secure, but less secure than Opera

Opera Web Browser

I use opera. It has many great features, very secure, and supports a lot of things Mozilla does not support. It isn't sluggish either.

Opera FTW!

Ictinike 02-15-2007 08:56 AM

Never had Mozilla act `slugish` but alas this isn't a browser debate. Not working for me as well.

Dolby 02-15-2007 01:31 PM

Wrong thread to debate what browser is better. If you want to do that please create a new thread in the chit-chat forum. Please keep this on the topic of the patch.

thanks

dragowulf 02-15-2007 05:54 PM

Yeah, sorry about that Dolby. Just wondered why they picked Mozilla =-P

It's not working for me either, when opened I see fuzz...I don't know any other way to explain it. In the middle where the info is suppose to be...there is some sort of fuzz,like how the tv is w/o cable and antenna...kinda like that.

gm9 02-16-2007 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverfrost
Yes, EQ2 is gaining a real web browser in GU32. It's supposed to display when you do /petition, but we brought the test server up in the old customer service mode. It's basically Firefox 1.5 with plugins disabled (so no flash or quicktime). You can display a general browser with:

/show_window MainHUD.Browser

If you're a UI moder you can basically drop a web page anywhere now, there is actually no game code at all that corresponds to MainHUD.Browser, it's completely driven by UI script. Not that I recommend studding your UI with web pages, they cost a lot to render.

DNeufeldSOE 02-16-2007 06:31 PM

There's a patch up on test server that fixes the browser not working.

Findarato 02-16-2007 07:17 PM

I cant wait to actually see this in action and working. The origional window was ... not very good.

Othesus 02-16-2007 07:36 PM

Woot! working very nice! Thanks, Silverfrost.

((posted from within the game browser))
Only funny things are... sometimes key presses move your character as you type, the cursor is kind of hard to see, and the mouse wheel doesn't scroll this window. Oh, Hmm, the scroll wheel does work, but it stops working after you click anywhere in the browser window.

This screenshot was taken and uploaded to imageshack.us with the in-game browser too.

Dolby 02-16-2007 07:57 PM

Yep it works, Looks nice DNeufeldSOE!

Now to find some cool uses for it.

Deathbane27 02-16-2007 10:21 PM

I can run the game in fullscreen mode now, yay! :p

Should be lots of mods to it with bookmarks to good info sites, both online and stored on the compy.

Faetyl 02-16-2007 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolby
Now to find some cool uses for it.

Hmm how about a website something like the Miloquetowst infocenter?
Clean and efficient...
Include maps of zones (eq2map type) with icons (with popup tooltips) that can be toggled just like eq2map...
No more need for the "load map" option then...

I bet that would get some hits... ;)

uberfuzzy 02-16-2007 11:16 PM

any chance i could get one of you to go to
http://whatsmyuseragent.com/

and post back what the new ingame agent line is?

for the record, the current Inventory.HTML one is "EQ2_Embedded/0.01 [en]"

i've got some pages that i display diffently if your in the game
(although thats kinda moot now if it renders stuff like tables and css, although flash based sites could use this to let you know that they dont work from inside eq2)

Othesus 02-17-2007 12:20 AM

Sure, the useragent reported by the browser is:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; chrome://navigator/locale/navigator.properties; rv:1.8.0.9) Gecko/20070125

Wow, that's a strange bug. When you copy text from the game browser to the clipboard, then try to paste is somewhere else, the game freezes up right when you paste it. That just happened to me twice.

For any web pages I think you should treat it as a normal browser and detect plugins as you normally would.

Talyns 02-17-2007 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverfrost
We've got a patch up that fixes the browser not rendering.

Coming in the next build for test server is /browser, which will pop up the browser and optionally tell it what URL to load. You can use this with macros to make bookmarks like this:

/browser forums.station.sony.com/eq2

Just thought that should be repeated here :)

Dolby 02-17-2007 02:30 AM

Think one could make a button that is added to each quest in your journal?

/browser http://eq2.allakhazam.com/search.html?q=$quest_title_from_window

could do the same for the examine window to search more info on the item. Maybe even add it to the in game HUD over mobs heads?

Qena 02-17-2007 04:07 AM

I want the bookmark in this browser because it is good in the limited amount. :D

gm9 02-17-2007 05:07 AM

Not bad, so it works now. Immediate issues I see:

- caching needs to be enabled badly, this is a problem
- my character moves while I type - movement keys sometimes seem to perform a double function of moving and entering text. /bugged that.

Otherwise I see lots of possibilities, if only I had the time. :) This is posted from in game btw.

uberfuzzy 02-17-2007 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Othesus
Sure, the useragent reported by the browser is:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; chrome://navigator/locale/navigator.properties; rv:1.8.0.9) Gecko/20070125

Wow, that's a strange bug. When you copy text from the game browser to the clipboard, then try to paste is somewhere else, the game freezes up right when you paste it. That just happened to me twice.

For any web pages I think you should treat it as a normal browser and detect plugins as you normally would.

thanks, doesnt look like it'll be easy to recognize and trap, but that also means that they used a full mozilla core, which means... alot to me :)
ty again

DNeufeldSOE 02-17-2007 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uberfuzzy
thanks, doesnt look like it'll be easy to recognize and trap, but that also means that they used a full mozilla core, which means... alot to me :)
ty again

I'll see about moding the string so it's possible to detect. Regarding the last part of your message, did you work on Mozilla at some point?

uberfuzzy 02-19-2007 12:12 AM

... i'm speachless, an actual soe dev, here?
man, i really need to watch what i say now.

@agent:
just maybe something like the old browser had, "EQ2_Embedded/1.00 [en]"

nope, never "worked" on it, nothing more then poking at source a couple times for personal research.

was more glad that i know what i have to work with, mostly the JS and table/css rendering, thats all. i dont have to do things like "detect for EQ2 browser, and re-replace &amp; with &"

i'm debating settingup/installing the stuff to play on test to get a jump on this, i wanna see what this thing can do RIGHT NOW.
oh god, if it supports the xmlrequest stuff for ajax....

oh, just maybe a quick sidenote, why did they decide to go with the seamonkey core? (i see by the 1.8)
why not the FF core?
not as embeddable?

will this ever see a history? cache? bookmarks? ui for setting the homepage?
will the old /cl_homepage still work?
will Inventory.HTML be taken out?
cookie support?