EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   DrumsUI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Broken "Inspect" item (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17835)

Odudo 06-24-2014 04:45 PM

Broken "Inspect" item

Just logged into Live and was inspecting some equipment. Looks like there was some changes to the "Inspect" item interface and now inspect window is showing this:

I posted to the official forums and a Dev said it was because of the custom UI.

Aldorn 95 Illy / Butcherblock

Lord Askelon 06-24-2014 05:23 PM

Confirmation

I can confirm this problem but it only happens when you examine an item...Mousing over it in inventory or on a person (in inspect player) does NOT do it.

Avaloc Ironheart
83 Barbarian Paladin
95 Armorer
Guild Leader: Templars Of Steel
Butcherblock Server

Drumstix42 06-24-2014 10:12 PM

An old guildie let me know about this. I'll do my best to update the patcher with some recent requests/fixes and this update. I'm a few patches behind on even opening EQ2, so apologies again for not being able to keep things updated.

Odudo 06-24-2014 11:09 PM

:nana: Thanks Drumstix42, :nana:

Wish there was something I could do to help! So many people use your UI
and most of us would be lost without it!

Aldorn 95 Illy / Butcherblock

Lord Askelon 06-25-2014 03:06 PM

Thanks Man your Awesome

Avaloc

Drumstix42 06-25-2014 09:48 PM

Planning on a Friday/Saturday update schedule, as that's when I have time to try to fix some things and make updates for the last couple patches to default UI changes.

lordebon 06-26-2014 08:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Few guildies that use Drums requested a fixed version of the examine and it's a simple fix so here it is. Haven't tested it, but it should work.

Drumstix42 06-26-2014 10:40 PM

Thanks much. I'll be testing it tomorrow, but I'm sure it works. Visually it looked like a simple change.

Mysstie 06-27-2014 05:01 AM

That updated examine file seems to work fine. The Examine window looks correct now and I can see my adornments. I haven't actually tried applying adornments to the specific slots but I could see my existing one. Thanks for that update lordebon. :)

lordebon 06-27-2014 05:46 PM

No problem. The game handles the adorns with hardcoding (heck, most of that window's structure is hard-coding), so it was just a matter of copying the updated volumepage (and the newly added duplicate one) from default into the custom UI's examine.

Accredo 06-28-2014 02:20 PM

FYI: The file Lordebon has linked works perfectly, the file via Drums Updater however does not work. The difference between the two is only hours, so not sure why the updater file is kaput. I reinstalled Lordebon's file.

Just a heads up.

Drumstix42 06-28-2014 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accredo (Post 105243)
FYI: The file Lordebon has linked works perfectly, the file via Drums Updater however does not work. The difference between the two is only hours, so not sure why the updater file is kaput. I reinstalled Lordebon's file.

Just a heads up.

I haven't updated anything on the Updater.

Accredo 06-29-2014 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumstix42 (Post 105244)
I haven't updated anything on the Updater.

Hmm that's really odd. Since the adorn viewing issue began and prior to entering the game I would usually run your updater. Mostly likely an anomaly on my end then, perhaps the file changed in some way and your updater recognized it as different and needing updating. Any way thanks for all of your hard work despite your RL time constraint.

lordebon 06-29-2014 10:08 AM

If you'd overwrote the old file with the one from this thread and then later ran the updater, it's possible that the updater set the modified date to the then-current time (or something similar) even though the file hadn't actually been changed. Windows in general is really bad about properly preserving file metadata, at least in ways that folks normally would think it should. In this case I'd be surprised if the updater is actually modifying the file in a traditional sense and instead is just creating / overwriting the existing, giving the potential for that timestamp weirdness.

Drumstix42 06-29-2014 04:32 PM

Either way, things have been updated now :p