EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   ProfitUI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Group Window disapearing (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7174)

Nelenarap 11-22-2006 01:01 AM

Group Window disapearing

New development where if I invite someone into a group, both the group window and my pet window vanish. If I get invited, just the group window vanishes. I've tried alt-p and alt-g and still no windows. Any ideas?

gm9 11-22-2006 03:00 AM

Anybody else seeing this? In particular I can see no link between the pet window and being in a group. :confused:

Garick 11-22-2006 07:43 AM

Nope, running 3.0.1 and I was in and out of groups last night with no problem at al.

Mordran5565 11-22-2006 08:00 AM

Nope, updated to the lastest version (v3.0.2) and I have no problems at all. Great job!! :-)

Eloora 11-22-2006 01:22 PM

I saw this one time yesterday. I thought I had upgraded from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 but perhaps I rushed the overwrite and missed something, because doing it again fixed the issue. During this time also the pet window was visible for me, it would just say "No pet" but there were 4 little boxes in front of that text as if they were some non-phonetic letters the UI couldn't display.

No help I guess really just thought I'd mention I saw this too.

gm9 11-22-2006 05:12 PM

Hmm, I would wager this is a problem that would also happen with the Default UI (the pet name is directly pushed from the server and I do not manipulate it in any way...).

I will keep my eyes open for this problem - most of my toons have a pet so I should notice it.

SuprSurfr 11-22-2006 06:07 PM

Yes, I had the exact same thing! although I could press Alt-P to get my pet window back but it was showing that my pet was dead and the petname was all screwed up with jibberish. I could press F1 to target myself but none of the other function keys worked to target another player besides F7-F8 Also the Map wouldnt show any members of my group.

Weird.

Nelenarap 11-22-2006 09:17 PM

Updated to the most recent version of the UI and even extraced a diff group window file. The window itself is there, but there's no information in it. Can't use the F keys to target group members. The Pet window doesn't display the pet's name just 'pet' and right below it there's 3 little squares.

Any ideas?

Nelenarap 11-22-2006 10:31 PM

OK, got it fixed. Had to take EQ off auto launch from the EQMap program though. With it on auto launch, I didn't get the window with the big red play button. Without that screen, the game itself didn't patch. Did that and POOF, got my group window back, my pet window works right, all back to normal.

gm9 11-24-2006 11:16 PM

Hmm, have played a bit tonight and had an empty implied target window (except for implied target effects). Group and pet windows were fine though.

Very strange...