EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pre-Beta (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Taco-Man's Interface....? (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1328)

taco-man 02-05-2005 01:02 AM

Taco-Man's Interface....?

1 Attachment(s)
Ive started working on a futuristic Interface will be quite a while before a finish, but i figured i could share what i have so far right now. It will be a 1280x1024 interface, i may make a 1024x768 one, but it is doubtful since i cant stand such low resolutions :eek: I dont have a name for it yet so if anyone wants to suggest one that would be cool. :D

The newest screenshot i have is attached to this post.

Wavecutter 02-05-2005 01:27 AM

Rock on! Keep up the good work!

taco-man 02-06-2005 04:39 AM

Im still no where close to ready for beta, but i have gotten some of it in game now, heres a look for anyone who is interested :D

I appologize for the character being EXACTLY level 3 artisan so there is no vitality or bubble in the tradeskill bar, but im sure the exp bar will give a good enough idea of what it looks like. also there are custom up and down arrows to show how far you can go with your current vitality but i had full vitality so they dont show.

The gauges' text will all be white, i just need to filter out the color from the dynamic data.

EDIT: Picture removed since there is a newer one

Drumstix42 02-06-2005 12:31 PM

Looking pretty good, but that sure is a big chunk of the screen if it's that size in game, heh.

taco-man 02-06-2005 12:52 PM

its for 1280x1024, and there wont be anything in the top part of the window, basicly everything will be in that bottom part.

Itanius 02-06-2005 01:08 PM

Nice, but as he said... it looks like it takes up a large chunk of real estate :(

Quib 02-06-2005 01:20 PM

The beauty of 1280x1024 is that you have a distorted screen ratio and have more vertical real-estate than you realize. Having a big dashboard like that at 1280x1024 takes up a smaller fraction of vertical pixels than using it at 1024x768 or 1600x1200 would. Likewise, this would probably use up a smaller fraction of vertical pixels than the letterbox frame does at a 4:3 screen ratio.

All that said, I personally don't care for dashboard UIs. It does look nice though taco-man.

Quib

Drumstix42 02-06-2005 01:31 PM

I use 1280x1024 for desktop and gaming.

Quib 02-06-2005 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumstix42
I use 1280x1024 for desktop and gaming.

3 of my computers are set to 1280x1024, one is 1600x1200.

I'm not sure what point you were trying to make with that statement though...

Quib

Eloa 02-06-2005 02:54 PM

I as well dont like the dashboard style, but your graphics and the style of it is looking really nice.
Personally I dislike the bulky, or rather, HUGE health bars, Long is cool, easily readable: cool, overly bulky: not cool. Just my opinion.

I'm glad to see someone doing a revamp at a higher resolution, that was those of us that like to see whats going on ingame can use a different interface.

Overall, I likes.

Drumstix42 02-06-2005 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quib
3 of my computers are set to 1280x1024, one is 1600x1200.

I'm not sure what point you were trying to make with that statement though...

Quib

Well in the post above you said you have more space than you realize. But if I'm viewing it in 1280x1024 out of game, I know how much it will take up in game. That's why I said I use same res in an out of game :rolleyes:

Quib 02-06-2005 06:21 PM

Ah, I was just referring to 1280x1024 being a 5:4 aspect ratio resolution as opposed to most resolutions which are 4:3 and which most views are based off of. In other words, you have some more vertical pixels you can "spend" without having your visibility drop below what it would be in a 4:3 aspect ratio.

Quib

taco-man 02-06-2005 07:23 PM

thank you everyone for all your comments/criticisms, it helps me improve it now when its easier (before i get close to finished) rather than later.

taco-man 02-07-2005 12:06 AM

Here is an update with more stuff added in. On the Group Window you can show/hide yourself (F1) depending on if you want to see it or not by showing/hiding the frame in the window option

i still have to do something with the concentration bubbles, right now they ar just sitting there in a vertical line by the adventure exp.

EDIT: Picture removed since there is a newer one

taco-man 02-07-2005 01:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres the newest version, its getting closer...but has a long way to go still.

Now that you can see the whole screen do you still think its to big? about the only thing left to do that will take up any more window space is make the target window a few pixels taller for the ^^ arrows above the name since the arrows are hardcoded to where they show up :(

Quib 02-07-2005 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taco-man
...taller for the ^^ arrows above the name since the arrows are hardcoded to where they show up :(

They appear based on various properties of the label for the target's name. If you use
Margin="x,y,x,0"
Where x values aren't important and you use a negative value for y (like simply -1) you can sort of tweak the height the arrows appear above the target name label.

Takes a lot of guess and checking but you can cut out some of the space between the name and the arrows.

Quib

Eloa 02-07-2005 02:53 AM

Post 15 looks much better, especially the (previously) gaudy healthbars. Coming along nicely

taco-man 02-07-2005 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quib
They appear based on various properties of the label for the target's name. If you use
Margin="x,y,x,0"
Where x values aren't important and you use a negative value for y (like simply -1) you can sort of tweak the height the arrows appear above the target name label.

Takes a lot of guess and checking but you can cut out some of the space between the name and the arrows.

Quib

Thanks i have to try and mess with it tonight.

perdition 02-08-2005 03:48 AM

Looks truly Nice :)

Could you maybe apply the same blue skin on the chat windows as it does not fit very well for now ;)

Did you also think about a place to put the buff ?

taco-man 02-08-2005 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perdition
Looks truly Nice :)

Could you maybe apply the same blue skin on the chat windows as it does not fit very well for now ;)

Did you also think about a place to put the buff ?

yes, i am planning on doing that before i release it, all the windows will have a new skin.
Also writing the php to generate xml for the MAP is my top priority so this mod will not be worked on until i start and finish the php thing.

sunthas 02-08-2005 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taco-man
Heres the newest version, its getting closer...but has a long way to go still.

Now that you can see the whole screen do you still think its to big? about the only thing left to do that will take up any more window space is make the target window a few pixels taller for the ^^ arrows above the name since the arrows are hardcoded to where they show up :(

Wow I love how well everything fits into the space. I hate tabbed because it seems buggy to me, perhaps I'll test it again.

Kulamin 02-09-2005 01:01 PM

Looking good!

This is looking awsome -- may finally have an inteface for EQ2 I actually love. One thing though... your current screen shot seems to look like it only has room for 2 or 3 hotbars for spells and such. As a Fury I always have about 4 up -- anyway to workout a way to put another in that fits from an appearance standpoint?

sunthas 02-09-2005 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunthas
Wow I love how well everything fits into the space. I hate tabbed because it seems buggy to me, perhaps I'll test it again.

Yup, verified it again last night. Tabbed chat windows suck. Without making any other changes and adding in the tabs by hand, clicking from one tab to another sometimes deletes some of the chat in those tabs.

But the interface looks very cool. I'm very impressed with it.

Kulamin 02-24-2005 01:30 PM

Project still alive?

Yes, yes... I know I'm impatient. But your SS has me wanting this UI now! Any update on when we might get hands on a beta?

Thanks.

Kilidan 02-24-2005 04:00 PM

Looks Great. Keep up the great work :nana:

Kilidan
Oasis Server