EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   DrumsUI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   GU 57 - Start Menu Problems (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14517)

xerek 08-17-2010 11:57 AM

GU 57 - Start Menu Problems

I am having trouble getting my drumsui start button to work on test and was curious if anyone else is experiencing this problem and if so has anyone found a work around other than scrapping the ui for the default.

To clarify... when I click on the start button no start menu pops up now.

Drumstix42 08-17-2010 02:17 PM

I have this fixed for the update. Thanks for the report.

I simply just have to force a /show_window MainHUD.StartMenu on that button now. The only quirkiness is that the menu shows next to where ever your XP bar is located (regardless of it having the integrated button or not).
I could always swap the start button code into the experience bar, and make the old start menu window the experience bar ;)

But maybe they'll fix the old button since it's still included in the UI...

xerek 08-17-2010 07:34 PM

Thanks Drumstix42 =)

So... I noticed after experiencing this problem that the experience window I'm using is a variant of profit and has a start button built into it heh. So since then I've decided one start button is enough I just have to remember it's there (not that I really ever use the start menu in game).

So now I was looking at the xml trying to figure out what I would need to do to just scrap the menu button on the statbar all-together. I ditched the menu button and moved the option button over to it's position but now there's a gap between that little button and the first stat lol. Is there any quick way to move the first stat in the line-up to the left a position? I haven't determined yet how the script knows the position for each stat since DrumsUI allows you to add the stats you want to see and ditch the ones you don't.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Drumstix42 08-17-2010 07:52 PM

Easiest solution, copy the size of the element "Stats2" to "Stats1", then adjust the x location of "Stats1" to be the same as "Stats2".

Cheers.

Keene 08-19-2010 01:02 PM

I am having trouble getting the start button to show at all. I have done all the patching through the drums ui updating tool, and before I just used to hit 'esc' a couple times to make the start button menu appear. That doesn't work now and the start button doesn't show anywhere in my UI. I've tried using F10 to make all the windows available to darken, but still nothing.

Any ideas how to resolve this please? I love the UI and this isn't a big thing, more of an annoyance that I can't figure it out.

Thanks!

Drumstix42 08-19-2010 01:50 PM

The stat bar isn't showing at all for you? I might have to add some initialization code to another window if that's the case for you and others.

Try using this command to get it to show up the first time:
/show_window MainHUD.StartMenu

For me it's showing up each session automatically.

*edit* oops I mean /show_window MainHUD.StartButton

Autarkisknight 08-19-2010 06:14 PM

I'm having the same issue. I have just installed this, and it's my first time using it (I used to use profit) I have a fresh install of the game.

When I use the command
/show_window MainHUD.StartMenu

it pops the menu up that i can use, but the actual buttons aren't there if I click out of the window, so I have to use that command every time to access the menu.

I have tried everything to find the start /option buttons

Keene 08-19-2010 11:24 PM

Yeah I don't have the actual button, even more when I type in that command you shared it doesn't bring up the start button menu, either.

Keene 08-19-2010 11:28 PM

Ok I got the command to work but the button still missing. I've made a macro button for it to get me by.

Drumstix42 08-20-2010 04:17 AM

Sorry, I meant to say:
/show_window MainHUD.StartButton

Autarkisknight 08-20-2010 10:53 PM

Lol i made a macro button too, I kinda like just having a macro :p

Edit: Tried this fix, and the /show_window MainHUD.StartButton is not working, no button shows up. The other one /show_window MainHUD.Startmenu still brings up the menu.

Drumstix42 08-20-2010 11:49 PM

The stat bar is the "start button", which is what I thought the original problem was pertaining to.