EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Released (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Support thread for my Mods/Patches (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5646)

Krull 02-13-2006 02:07 AM

Support thread for my Mods/Patches

For a list of my mods/patches Click Here!

Feel free to post bugs & requests/ideas here concerning any of my work.

*** Note that while I appreciate requests and ideas for my work I can not guarantee that I will be able to fulfill them. ***

Bugs and support issues I will do my best to try and resolve asap however!

[This is a temporary starter for the thread, I will update it with more info on my mods and ideas etc later...]

Krull 02-13-2006 02:09 AM

Change Log & Known Issues

NOTE: This is a support thread for ALL my mods, please reference which specific mod you are referring to when asking for help.

Krull 02-13-2006 02:09 AM

Future Projects & Works in Progress

Reserved for future use...

hiroprotagonist 04-23-2006 07:18 AM

Ok, so I just updated to ProfitReborn 2.3 ....I copied over all my settings for the startbutton EXCEPT the journals, clock and compass xml's. Now when i hit coin (i dont use this often so its just a 'what did I do wrong' rather than an omg thing) on the start button, all i get is the scales...no weight, no coin amount, just the scales. What did I do wrong or what do I need to add to get it back?

hiroprotagonist 04-23-2006 08:07 AM

One more question for you also, as I love your mod and cant seem to get enough ;) Are you going to be updating it again at all? What with the unequip button now doing nothing at all, maybe a revamp is in order to slim it up a bit maybe?

Using the mod with Profit I have noticed another interesting little glitch (?) where the startbutton seems always on top, yet the rest of the mod is hidden when, say opening the quest journal over the top of it. IE, I open my quest journal, and the start button pops right thru, just the start, not the full mod...any clue?

Krull 04-24-2006 12:59 AM

Command Center Startbutton

Ok you need Mahonri's_elements.dds in the images folder (assuming you do since you said you can see the scales), you need eq2ui_journals_coinweight.xml file in your ui folder (will assume you have this as well as since clicking the button did bring up the window even though it was not complete), and if you do not want to use the included eq2ui_journals.xml then you need to manually edit the version you have in your ui folder and add this line with the others:

<include>eq2ui_journals_coinweight.xml</include>

Also you should add this line to the same xml file or the button to bring up the infocenter will not work:

<include>eq2ui_journals_infocenter.xml</include>

As far as the startbutton goes technically that is not a glitch, that is part of the way eq2 startbutton works (it is flagged as "always on top").

To answer the question about updates: I do want to get back to work on some changes and ideas I have for the mod but have been too busy (both real life and in game lol) to dedicate much time to playing around with the ui stuff. I will see if I can spare some time and crank out a new update in the near future though.

hiroprotagonist 04-25-2006 12:33 AM

I KNEW it had to be an include I was missing, but didnt think to check the journal.xml /doh ! yeah that fixes it :nana:

Raidalg 07-14-2006 06:02 PM

Hello. Thanks for creating such a useful startbutton mod!!

I found that LU25 has broken it however. I think several others have the same problem and just haven't figured out it is the startbutton that is doing it yet.

Thanks!!

Raidal

Krull 07-15-2006 02:14 AM

GU25 Fix

Yeah GameUpdate 25 - aka GU25 had some major changes to the xml for inventory slots which in turn broke my mod. Good news however, I have fixed & tested a GU25 compatible command center for Fetish 6.6 as well as my standalone version. You can find the fetish version in the patches & addons section and the standalone version in the misc downloads section. Enjoy!

Raidalg 07-15-2006 08:05 AM

Thanks!! You're fast!!

Wynd 07-15-2006 08:34 AM

First ... let me say ... between you and Zonx .. when your UI's are broken due to updates .... I don't play till they are fixed .... its just that Im that spoiled and ya'll are that damn good !!~~!!

There is one thing I would like to ask you for however ... and its because I absolutely positively without a doubt suck at navigation ... on top of that Im a healer and Im usually paying more attention to other things .... but I need to keep up with the mt and keep him in range ... *course have to keep me 'outta' range sometimes :) * anyhow ... before I bore you to death ...could you possibly *for us slow preoccupied navigationally challenged chars* .... put a 'follow' button on the Fetish Command Center ?

I know its silly ... but when I have to stop to target and then either type /follow or as I usually do .... right click on the person and then go to the follow option .... it makes my char stop and if they are running ...they are usually outta range by the time I get to the right click and follow part .. lol ... not sure if Im just bein a lazy arse ... or if others would love that button also .... but would really make a difference to me :)

Thanks just for readin thru the ramblin ....

Wynd aka Debs ;)

Oh.... and btw ... THANK YOU for all you do !!!! *blows kiss*

Raidalg 07-15-2006 08:40 AM

I thought that the video and sound buttons were not in your mod but it looks like the arrow that used to show them has been changed to open a different window. Can you fix the compact button that hides the sound/video buttons?

Thanks so much for your work!! I wouldn't enjoy the game without this and the maps mods!!

Krull 07-15-2006 02:34 PM

Mod Changes

In response to Wynd:

I think I can do something that may be better than adding it to the command center, I could add a follow button somewhere on the group window by each chars name that would allow you to target and follow that specific person with a single click. I cant say when exactly I would have it ready but I will PM you when its done (it would likely be in patches/addons section when it gets uploaded).

In response to Raidalg:

Yes I replaced the toggle/expand ability of the mod and replaced that function with the zone reuser timer show window. The ability to load custom preset graphics is still there (on fetish there are preset buttons attached to the startbutton and if you are a standalone user the infocenter has presets that you can get to with a few extra mouse clicks). I will likely in the future redo the standalone mod the way it was as a patch/addon or as a seperate release so that anyone who doesnt need those features or finds the sound presets to be a hinderance can simply stick with downloading the simplified version.

Wynd 07-15-2006 03:41 PM

Ohhhh I think I love you !!! hehehe ....
And Im sure my group mates will ....
Im most patient ... I know how hard you work at these things ...
*well ... I don't actually 'know' ... but I sure can imagine !!*
ya make me feel like dancin just in anticipation :)

:nana: :D :nana: :D :nana: :D :nana:

'reckon ya can tell I get very lost a LOT !!' :)

Debs aka Wynd *blows kiss*

Raidalg 07-15-2006 09:05 PM

I really really appreciate the time you've spent on this one as it is second only to the map mod in usefullness to me. I really depend on the shader slider bar during the game and if their is any way you can find time to make a version of this startbutton with the slider, I would deeply appreciate it. I always left it on anyway so I don't need the toggle on/off button; always on would work fine for me.

Thanks again for your time!!

Raidal

Krull 07-16-2006 05:20 AM

New Mods Uploaded

Wynd you should be happy to know I just finished and uploaded the fetish group window with groupmate follow buttons in the patches/addons section.

And this is for a note for all fetish (command center) users:

I have uploaded a better skinned GU25 version of the original command center (I named it v2) that has the graphics presets as well as volume sliders. It should also be available in the patches/addons section.

I will be continuing with both versions (v1 for all those who requested removal of the sound sliders and v2 for all those who liked it the way it was).

Update: Startbutton Command Center v2 (standalone version) has been sumbitted and should be available as soon as it is approved.

Raidalg 07-16-2006 06:45 AM

Thank you thank you thank you!!! You are the best!!!

Wynd 07-16-2006 11:39 AM

*kisses you on both cheeks* You absolutely ROCK !!
Thank you soooooo much .... you just don't know how fantastic this is
for me !!!!

WOOOT !!!!

*BIG HUG*

Wynd aka Debs :nana:

Ixoa 07-20-2006 09:21 AM

Nightfall Command Center V2

Hi
1st of i love the UI loads of good info and plugins ect. the only thing i needed was a way to see in the night easyier that keep adjusting gamma all the time in options ive used thor and i can do this with a simple click so i go hunting and i found the command center which does this as welll as other usfull things i follow the install intructions to the letter and well it dont work the way you say it should :-
by pressing ALT + ~ that dont make it auto load for some reason and i have to keep typeing /show_window Journals.Inventory all the time. ive un checked the box in the options/ui/gamewindows that you told us to do, also my sound is now turned right down every time i load up a toon. I can see that the command center can adjust the sound so i assume it has something to do with that.
Im useing the very latest version of fetish
I hope you can help here i dont mind makeing a macro if need be but would be nice if it did auto load :)

Cheers
John :D

Krull 07-21-2006 01:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
After you installed my mod, did you install any other mods in your fetish ui folder? Heres the catch to how my mod autoloads, in the default fetish startbutton (which I include in my mod) I added the code that calls up the window when the startbutton itself loads. If you installed another mod that replaced that startbutton.xml file then my mod will not autoload.

The Alt + ~ isnt actually for my mod, it is only the keyboard command to make the startbutton show (which will only make my mod load if you have the right startbutton.xml in your fetish folder).

Ok and for the sound, yes the mod presets the sound to near inaudible if not muted settings. These can be easily adjusted in notepad. I included the text file in this post that tells how to do so. I will be updating the fetish command center here soon (cant say how soon yet but it will include all the how to text files and utility for setting graphics/sound presets as well as a new harvestbar addon).

Ixoa 07-23-2006 02:50 PM

i only installed the latest fetish version then ran the EQmap update then added the command center.
Ive reinstalled both again and it sometimes it auto loads then other times it doesnt for the same char :confused: So ive made a macro now so that i can open it from there.
Thnks for the sound info ive sorted that out.

Cheers
John :D

cottons 07-23-2006 05:38 PM

Request...

You mods are awesome...is it even remotely possible do something like with what I have linked?

http://720raiders.com/images/mod.jpg

I would like to have an image that I place of myself on the screen other that the inventory window....

Thanks!

Demens 08-03-2006 07:38 AM

First i'd like to say i'm very impressed with this mod, CC,V2. Bring together a lot of useful features in one easy spot. :)

If you could shine a little light on the pesky sliders i'd be most thankful. ;0

Quote:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Sliderbar Location="3,15" Master_Volume="0.500" Name="MasterSlider" OnChange="Parent.Master.text=(master_volume) Master_Volume=(Value/20) Master_Volume=(Value/20)" ScrollExtent="89,10" Size="89,10" Style="/SliderbarStyles.horz_sliderbar_gold" UpperLimit="20" Value="10"/>
Now if my understand is correct this should give me about 50% sound, however any settings i change in the file seem to have no effect on the default poistion of the sliders in game. If i log in and change the sliders then log to a different characters the sound stays at the same level however the sliders "appear" on the minimun setting again. Logging out all together resets sound and sliders to min.

Krull 08-03-2006 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demens
First i'd like to say i'm very impressed with this mod, CC,V2. Bring together a lot of useful features in one easy spot. :)

If you could shine a little light on the pesky sliders i'd be most thankful. ;0

Now if my understand is correct this should give me about 50% sound, however any settings i change in the file seem to have no effect on the default poistion of the sliders in game. If i log in and change the sliders then log to a different characters the sound stays at the same level however the sliders "appear" on the minimun setting again. Logging out all together resets sound and sliders to min.

Unfortunately any changes made in game will only last during that gaming session, everytime EQ2 loads it recalls the default values from the files. Currently there is no way, at least that I know of, to work around that other than doing the above and changing the sliders/values defaults to what you prefer for normal play so it starts up with what values you like.

As far as the slider values, what you listed should work for setting the sliders to half volume, and I know why it didnt. UI Builder has this issue when you edit and move around stuff sometimes it will take the coding from an <include> ***.xml file and copy all that data into the main mod. I went thru originally and fixed all the video includes that had been copied into it (makes it a huge mess) but apparently I missed the sliders. So what you need to do is open the startbutton xml file in notepad and click edit and find text and type in master then hit enter so it will take you down to master slider coding area. You will notice that all the slider coding is now in the startbutton file (damn UI Builder lol) and no longer calls the presets from the <include> function so the changes you made to the slider xmls wasnt doing anything. So just make the same changes to the code inside the startbutton xml file as you did in the slider preset xml and it should work then.

I'll be sure to make sure this is fixed in next release/update so that it again will use the slider presets.

Krull 08-04-2006 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cottons
You mods are awesome...is it even remotely possible do something like with what I have linked?

http://720raiders.com/images/mod.jpg

I would like to have an image that I place of myself on the screen other that the inventory window....

Thanks!

There is a mod called Cura's player window, that will use a section of the inventory paperdoll in the player window so that you can see yourself all the time. I haven't tested it myself but it sounds something like what you are talking about, you may want to take a look through the player window download section in interface pieces and check it out.