EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   EQ2MAP (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   So, submitting PoI's no longer works (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17949)

Litlbigman 12-08-2014 02:08 PM

So, submitting PoI's no longer works

Hi.

Submitting POI's while playing, by clicking the button in the map window no longer works for me. The in-game browser redirects me to eq2map website, where my credentials are refused. They are correct however, and using them on my private browser works ok. I can't however be bothered to enter the loc manually whenever I submit a PoI. I have an inkling it only happens in AoM zones that have been recently added to eq2map but not sure.

Any clues?

Dosidicus 12-29-2014 07:11 AM

That happened to me a few days ago, but it was ok yesterday.

Therendil 12-29-2014 10:06 AM

I rarely think to submit a POI, but I have hit the same problem every time I tried. It has been some months since the last attempt. I should see if the problem is still there.

-= Therendil =-

lordebon 12-29-2014 05:45 PM

If there's no map on EQ2MAP for the zone then you can't submit POIs -- unfortunately not much to be done about that aside from waiting for the maps to be imported, and the person with the access to do so hasn't had a lot of time lately.

As for the rest... I'd have to test it myself, but IIRC it's always been a touch flakey with the in-game browser with logging in. That's always been on SOE's end. I believe the old workaround was to log in on the EQ2interface side and then go back to the EQ2MAP page.

Edit: Just tested logging into EQ2MAP via the in game browser and didn't have any problem.

Therendil 12-30-2014 09:04 PM

As a minor clarification, the few times I wanted to submit or correct a POI, it was in a zone for which a map did exist.

I do agree that the in-game browser is not very stable. Even with all the changes that have been made, launching the browser is still the most reliable way to crash the client. It does not really surprise me that the issues I have logging in from the game to submit data are probably caused by the browser.

That said, I'll look for an opportunity to test the function in the near future.

-= Therendil =-

Litlbigman 01-15-2015 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordebon (Post 105735)
If there's no map on EQ2MAP for the zone then you can't submit POIs -- unfortunately not much to be done about that aside from waiting for the maps to be imported, and the person with the access to do so hasn't had a lot of time lately.

I'm a bit confused as to which zones have been added to the interface or not. I've always thought that when a zone layout was displayed, even blank, it meant that the map had been added. But now I'm realizing that most AoM zones do have a map, with no icons, and that they are not supported by eq2map.

I'd suggest that the guy who's supposed to import the new maps speed up the process (I imagine it's pretty straightforward since the maps already exist), and that the error message we get when trying to add a PoI to an unsupported zone be changed; this "invalid password" msg is confusing.

Phlegma 01-23-2015 08:54 PM

This happens to me too. I find that watching the password entry carefully while I type one letter at a time works. There seems to be some problem with typing in the password, it seems to only accept every third letter and never the first letter of the pw field. If you type one letter at a time and wait for it to appear, then it should improve.

As for the "person who is inporting the maps" they no longer play, but they've been nice enough to continue importing when their schedule permits. They have asked a question in the new maps section. I tried to answer their questions about ossuary. Why not answer them for the Temple? Eventually someone has to step in and take over though. We can't expect the same person to continue forever.

Therendil 01-24-2015 10:46 PM

Hmm. That's an interesting observation about characters being eaten during PW entry. One of my ongoing peeves with the interface is the sluggish input processing. It is especially good at missing modifier keys like SHIFT.

I'll need to try this again and watch very closely as I type things in.

-= Therendil =-

zaradann 06-20-2015 10:35 PM

Just curious if this is still the case with being unable to create a poi in zones. More specifically the pirate zones and aom zones. Will I be able to do a poi in the future?

Thanks

Therendil 06-21-2015 10:09 AM

Following my last post, I checked closely as I typed in my login credentials. Everything went into the boxes correctly, but the login was rejected. So this supports the notion that the client does not properly pass the information to the browser (or the browser mangles it.)

When I want to submit a POI, I do it through Firefox running separately.

-= Therendil =-

lordebon 06-21-2015 01:31 PM

Not much we can do if it's the in-game browser that's the problem, unfortunately. You can try reporting it to DBG, never know maybe they'll take a look or offer some troubleshooting steps - maybe clearing the awesomium files out from your install to get a clean install of it?

Therendil 06-22-2015 09:34 AM

Can't remember now if I did a /bug report on this or not. Probably worth doing just to have a recent report on file.

-= Therendil =-