EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   ProfitUI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   ProfitUI Maintained (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15388)

TalTal 02-18-2011 09:12 AM

ProfitUI Maintained

ProfitUI Maintained - Same ProfitUI, just up to date. This version of ProfitUI just consolidates the changes I have made since SF and continues them through DoV. The preferred installation and update method is the autoupdater, which was created and is mainted by Kaldran. Get it here:

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...UIUpdater.html

As an alternative a zip file can be downloaded from here:

http://taltal.eq2interface.com/downl...aintained.html

ToDo List: (In no particular order)
Yellow: Started Green: Complete

Update several skinpacks to offer color options for profitui. (Red, Purple, Light Blue, yellow, ochre, blue-grey and grey)
Rework bottom bar. Hopefully to make it customizable.
Make a raid/group variant using default click to cure mechanics.
Add a way to make the bar version of the small persona window persistant.
Add a compact tradeskill window variant.
Make a Large Font version of the ui.

Discuss ideas, bugs, suggestions for ProfitUI in this thread.

Silat

*** ProfitUI was created by Profit. Don't know when or for how long it was maintained.
*** ProfitUI Reborn was created(I say created because he almost completely redid it)/maintained by Gm9 until approximately 2 years ago.
*** ProfitUI Catalyst was maintained by ChrisLau until approximately 1 year ago and was a continuation of ProfitUI Reborn.
*** ProfitUI Maintained is maintained by me, Silat, and builds upon and maintains both gm9's and chrislau's work.

TalTal 02-22-2011 07:45 AM

Changelog:

February 26, 2011 - Skin Update
• Skin Packs - Updated the skin packs for all colors. (Default Only)
• Skin Packs - I do not intend to update the Classic or Variant 1 skin packs at this time but have not removed them. If used they will be missing some elements.

February 24, 2011 - Hotfix
• Chat Bubbles - Added the new fancy chat bubbles to the commonelements.dds file.
• Community window - Updated to include SoE's calendar code changes.

February 22, 2011 - Destiny of Velious
• Tradeskill Window - Modified window to match DoV changes. Fixed a bug with the display of tradeskill stats in both the normal and large variant.
• Experience Window - Made room for 4 digit HP and Mana regen values.
• Quest Journal - Added auto popup checkbox to collection window. If you have trouble adding collection items type /loadui Default and then when it updates type /loadui ProfitUI.

• Persona Window - All Variants - Added Spell Multi Attack stat and inventory search. Item Score is disabled by the devs at the moment but was added to the ui for future use.

• Login Scene - Skinned for DoV

• Pet Window - Added threat bar and detrimentals. They use the default ui click to cure.

• Community Page - Updated to display in game calendar.

• Removed Weight from display on all applicable windows as it no longer exists.

• ***Thanks to Therendil of Gryphon's Keep guild on The Bazaar server for all the help in beta finding issues!***

Silat

Makinso 02-22-2011 01:52 PM

Much appreciation from me, and I'm sure everyone who still continues to use this mod. :)

nukeworker 02-22-2011 02:16 PM

My profit updater is trying to update to the old profit (and trying to replace your new dov files with old ones), which hasn't been update in months. Is this the correct path for the updates?:

http://updater.pala.de/profitui/

Kazgore 02-22-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nukeworker (Post 95711)
My profit updater is trying to update to the old profit (and trying to replace your new dov files with old ones), which hasn't been update in months. Is this the correct path for the updates?:

The new files have not been uploaded to the updater server yet. Don't run the updater and they will not be replaced.

TalTal 02-22-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nukeworker (Post 95711)

The person who maintains the updater is out of town on business. He will get the updates up as soon as he can. Until then use the file from the second post in this thread. If you use the autoupdater before it is ready it will just revert your files.

Silat

AndonSage 02-22-2011 07:22 PM

Thanks very much for the work you've put into this! :)

beezilla 02-22-2011 07:39 PM

I must be doing something wrong. I've extracted the file in my UI folder and nothing. I've also tried extracting it in my EQ2 folder and it still isn't working. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Beez

TalTal 02-22-2011 08:04 PM

It should be extracted to your eq2 folder. If it is doing nothing you might be a victim of the multiple eq2 installation problem.

Silat

RumTumTugger 02-22-2011 08:38 PM

how do I get rid of the profit ui login window the one that has you put the password and character in what file am I looking for in profit UI to ignore and delete? finaly got in after download and install of expansion and when I camped to an alt got kicked to character sheet with only 4 of my 10 toons showing and the game not finding the toon I selected on hte server I then did hte fix from EQ2 tech forums and still can't find character and get the profit UI log in window. any help would be appreciated. it wont' even kick me to character sheet because of that profit UI log in.

TalTal 02-22-2011 09:42 PM

/camp randomname will take you to char select.

RumTumTugger 02-22-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalTal (Post 95728)
/camp randomname will take you to char select.

No I was trying to log in to the charactersheet as I had no names to select from my launcher and the proifit login window popped up I want to get rid of that window.

gm9 02-22-2011 11:34 PM

Just log in like you normally would (username + password) and you'll arrive at the default charselect.

TalTal 02-22-2011 11:37 PM

What I told you to do will get you to character select from a character. If you are coming in from the launcher...change the dropdown to say character select. If you are coming in from everquest2.exe and getting the login screen that has account, password,character name, server then just enter your account name and password and it will take you to character select. If you just have to disable it remove eq2ui_loginscene.xml from your profitui directory. The only difference that will make is that you will lose the option to enter a character name and server instead of being able to choose not to enter them.

Silat

Swelter 02-23-2011 07:00 AM

I tried to extract that download file to my Everquest II folder but Vista being Vista said "No can do". So, I extracted it to a desktop folder with the aim of manually moving the extracted files into their appropriate folders on my Program Files\Sony\Everquest II folder signing Vista's hall pass for each move. Inside the UI\Profit UI folder were 5 files that were still zipped (_eq2ui_mainhud... files). I am assuming that they remain zipped? Very confusing.

TalTal 02-23-2011 09:54 AM

Yes they remain zipped. Those are variants of some of the windows.

Silat

sunmoonstarz 02-23-2011 11:00 AM

can't tradeskill any idea of a fix yet? book empy states missing item name and no recipes show up :confused:

RumTumTugger 02-23-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm9 (Post 95734)
Just log in like you normally would (username + password) and you'll arrive at the default charselect.

I'll have to take a screen shot of what I mean if it happens again. The window I"m talking is like a table with different fields and I can't just leave the toon name field blank

TalTal 02-23-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunmoonstarz (Post 95755)
can't tradeskill any idea of a fix yet? book empy states missing item name and no recipes show up :confused:

Have you applied the patch yet?

sunmoonstarz 02-23-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalTal (Post 95760)
Have you applied the patch yet?

this patch Profit Update DoV.zip in the second post yes is there something else?

SkyBeeX 02-23-2011 12:39 PM

I used the "_eq2ui_tradeskills (larger version)" (zipped file) and tradeskills work for me.

TalTal 02-23-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunmoonstarz (Post 95762)
this patch Profit Update DoV.zip in the second post yes is there something else?

Yes that was the patch I was referring too. I'll be home in an hour and will check it then.

Edit: Just checked it. I am having no issues with any version of the tradeskill window. The description of your problem sounds like the patch might have been applied to the wrong location. Good news though. Just run the autoupdater...the files are now available on it.

Silat

TalTal 02-23-2011 02:50 PM

Files are now on the updater.
Thanks Kaldran!

Silat

Pipsy 02-23-2011 05:19 PM

Posted this in the main ProfitUI Updater, but decided to post it here too, since everyone seems to be talking here.

So I'm having several issues.

I was having the issue where it told me that it could not find my Everquest2.exe. But the other problem I was having was that the java client kept turning all black and then for some reason my video card would crash. I have an ATI Radeon HD 5870. There is no way that it can't handle a Javascript screen, so something was really wrong with that one.

Also, the title-banner (frame thing) above the quest text on the upper right hand corner was missing. The quest text is there, but the frame for whatever reason is missing. It usually says, "Active Quests" (at least in your screenshot it does), that is missing, as is the "Character" section, if that is supposed to be there.

Anyhow, thanks so much for keeping ProfitUI up-to-date. I love this UI and I hope it continues to be updated!

TalTal 02-23-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pipsy (Post 95789)
Posted this in the main ProfitUI Updater, but decided to post it here too, since everyone seems to be talking here.

So I'm having several issues.

I was having the issue where it told me that it could not find my Everquest2.exe. But the other problem I was having was that the java client kept turning all black and then for some reason my video card would crash. I have an ATI Radeon HD 5870. There is no way that it can't handle a Javascript screen, so something was really wrong with that one.

Also, the title-banner (frame thing) above the quest text on the upper right hand corner was missing. The quest text is there, but the frame for whatever reason is missing. It usually says, "Active Quests" (at least in your screenshot it does), that is missing, as is the "Character" section, if that is supposed to be there.

Anyhow, thanks so much for keeping ProfitUI up-to-date. I love this UI and I hope it continues to be updated!

No clue on the graphics crash. All I can say is I have not heard of that in relation to the updater.

As for the everquest2.exe file will be in your everquest2 directory. Easiest way to get the path to it is to find the icon you use to launch the game...right click...choose properties...and copy the path in the working directory field.

The quest journal issue is addressed here:

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=15403

Silat