EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   EQ2MAP (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (Plugin) ShrinkMap (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7760)

Talyns 02-03-2007 05:53 AM

(Plugin) ShrinkMap Support Thread

ShrinkMap 1.1 Plugin

Download Page

-Description:
Adds a button to the right of the minimize button..
It will shrink the eq2map window to about 1/4 the default size when pressed.

To change what part of the map your looking at: move the mouse cursor to
the upper right corner of the map and a button control will appear..

-To Install:
Before loading EQ2..
Copy contents of zip (2 folders) to an existing ui folder where eq2map is installed (overwrite all).
note: this plugin uses slot 1

-To Uninstall:
Delete plugin1.xml, shrinkmap_core.xml, shrinkmap_shrinkbutton.xml, shrinkmap_window, and shrinkmap_title from the eq2map folder.
Delete minimap_widgets.dds from images folder.
Then copy plugin1.xml from the eq2Map zip or run the autoupdater.

-Known Issue:
The Location arrow will not disappear until the image rect is 100% oustide window..
Nothing I can do about it sorry..

Talyns 02-03-2007 06:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Currently there are a couple bugs in the eq2map default skin that causes a couple, non-game breaking, oddities with the shrinkmap plugin. I have informed Dolby of the bugs and gave him a fixed version of the file. He will need to push it to the updater.

Unfortunately it's a skin file (skinable_windowelements.xml) and skin files aren't downloaded by the updater unless they are missing. So in order to get it, when it is available through the updater, you will have to manually delete the file.

However, for the time being I'm making the file available here. Just download and put in the eq2map folder.

Ictinike 02-03-2007 11:15 AM

Thanks mate! I like to use the mini ShrinkMap but find it doesn't work at times in instances and other non-mapped areas (of course) but what happens is it messes up the entire mini-map until you re-enlarge and then back to shrink..

Will give it a shot and as always, thanks a ton! :)

depechenode 02-03-2007 11:27 AM

OMG this is freaking AWESOME TY TYTYTYTTYTYTYTYTYTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

depechenode 02-03-2007 11:53 AM

Yea i see the window resize bug too, no biggie really tho. One other thing I would liek to see.. if you and the person that did the eq2spoiler and can get a way to auto locate the spoiler button in th eupper left area when the map is reduced. When I shrink it, the button ends up in the map area and covers poi's sometimes. When in full view the button is ok. Just when shrinkthe button placement needs to auto update somehow.

depechenode 02-03-2007 12:44 PM

Found a typo in the skinnable_WindowElements.xml

line 109, Col 68 noramlsize="484, 643" should be norMAlsize.

BTW.. This FIXES the resizing bug mentioned above in earlier post!! But, I still would like to see the spoiler button auto located ;)

Talyns 02-03-2007 01:38 PM

Darnit. I thought I got all the those transpostion errors :P
I also found another bug on line 33 Parent.WindowFrame.Bkg.Location.Visible=True should be Parent.WindowFrame.Bkg.Visible=True

Ok I attached a new skinnable_WindowElemets.xml in the 2nd post with those typos fixed.

I will see what I can do about the spoiler.

Talyns 02-03-2007 03:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Concerning Eq2map Spoiler:
I updated Shrinkmap shrink and unshrink functions to make OnShrinkWindow and OnUnshrink window events in the other plugins.

To make it work nicely with The Spoiler Project

Open TM_Plugin7.xml with notepad and add:
Code:

<Button Name="OnShrinkWindow" OnActivate="Parent.Location=13,25 Activated=false" Visible="false"></Button>
<Button Name="OnUnshrinkWindow" OnActivate="Parent.Location=45,71 Activated=false" Visible="false"></Button>

Before the last </Page> line

For people whoe are using the EQ2MapSpoiler and are unconfortable editing xml I attached a fixed TM_plugin7.xml here.

ubbi 02-05-2007 05:00 AM

This now works fine. But there are two things which would make the mod more useful

1) I don't know if it's possible, but always switching between the 4 quadrants is very strenous, so if the map would always CENTER THE PLAYER ARROW and follows it, it would be GREAT!

2) It would be also useful to intigreat the pathfinding/waypoint option.

Talyns 02-05-2007 10:10 PM

I can't do #1 because that's something sony would have to implement.

#2 might be impossible as well because of the way everything is layed out in the map xml tree. When I get time I will look at i but I highly doubt it's possible.

Sorry :(

TheStarGazer 03-30-2007 08:57 PM

Hey can you explain to me how it works? I really like the idea of having it center on player. and thinking maybe theres a way around it.
maybe replacing the player arrow with the Map Image and putting its visability to the very back. and then just having the arrow image for the backdrop and moving it to the front?. (ofcourse that really screws up PoI stuff but yeah.

Im thinking at least a mini mod would be sweet. Replace the Compass with a reallly tiny autofollow map. that can always be up.

or theres the messy version. cut the backdrop into hundreds of lil pieces. and write some code that will autochange backdrop when location is X,X,X

Landiin 03-30-2007 09:11 PM

The client controls the player arrow. There is no access to the data that controls it.

Talyns 04-02-2007 01:01 PM

All the shrinkmap does it shrink the map window. The controls for center,nw,ne,sw,se move the mappage and locations pages around.

Like Landiin said The client controls the player arrow. There is no access to the data that controls it. Also there is no way to constantly monitor the players location to update which part of the map showed. "UI scripting" isn't very robust.

The only way I can think of to get a fully functioning minimap is if everyone would /feedback "please add a minimap window"

Penstar 04-30-2007 11:54 PM

Is it possible to add support for using click+drag to move the map?

I am thinking of maps that turn the icon to a hand. Then you click the map and drag it in the direction you want to scroll the map.

This moves the map within the window and does not move the window.

Is that possible?

Talyns 05-02-2007 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penstar (Post 58672)
Is it possible to add support for using click+drag to move the map?

I am thinking of maps that turn the icon to a hand. Then you click the map and drag it in the direction you want to scroll the map.

This moves the map within the window and does not move the window.

Is that possible?

In short: no sorry.

The long more technical explanation:
The map window is made up of several pages or layers.
The map (the picture) is the bottom layer - In Default UI
On top of that is a "Locations" which holds the player, group, and waypoint icon images which dynamically move in game - In Default UI
Finally eq2map adds an overlay layer which holds the POIs for certain maps which are included by both soe and eq2map - EQ2MAp

If all these layers were included in a single page (say MainCropPage), it would be more versatile; it could be set up so that it could grabbed and dragged (probably could even make the map window resizable and scrollable). The problem is we can't move all the pages into a single page because the client would no longer update anything. The map would never change and the group/player/waypoint icons would never update.

The crop page is something "wished" for a long time ago
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=890

--Map
----MainCropPage
------LocationPage
------***Eq2map Icons can go here***
------Icons
------Map

rrr80120 11-17-2007 07:24 PM

I downloaded it today, & the frame shrinks, but the map & background remain the same size. I've uninstalled & reinstalled it but it still does the same thing.

Dolby 11-17-2007 09:08 PM

This was made way before RoK so its not going to work correctly.

Talyns 11-17-2007 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolby (Post 66302)
This was made way before RoK so its not going to work correctly.

Also, I don't know whether or not I'm going to update it cause once eq2map gets completely updated it will be easily resizable like the default map. The only reason I ever made this was because the map was not resizeable and now it is, making this plugin kind of obsolete ;)

Eloora 11-18-2007 04:20 AM

Honestly something like this basic concept would still be useful even though the default and eq2maps files are resizable now. We don't really need the 4 buttons to reposition the map anymore, but one small button to quickly toggle the map size between default size and the mini map size would be nice. Keep the button that centers the map on your character as well.

Talyns 11-18-2007 11:35 PM

Well considering I don't really play eq2 anymore it will be hard to update but I guess I will see what I can do.. I can even make it smaller now, if you like since, I'm will not be limited by the arrow buttons ;)

But I have to wait for the updates to eq2map to be complete before I start :)

gm9 11-19-2007 03:49 AM

I don't really play eq2 anymore either, so find a new excuse. :D Actually I was going to fix it if you didn't, but waiting for final eq2map as well for obvious reasons.

Talyns 11-19-2007 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm9 (Post 66484)
I don't really play eq2 anymore either, so find a new excuse. :D Actually I was going to fix it if you didn't, but waiting for final eq2map as well for obvious reasons.

Well, I could give 2 really drawn out excuses that are absolutely true but it's just easier to say that :)

But it seems Othesus has basically made a plugin that makes this one obsolete so everyone check that out instead instead :p

http://wwww.eq2interface.com/downloa...uginslot1.html

gm9 11-19-2007 08:45 AM

Agreed, nice job Othesus.

Edit: I'll just have to add a bit of code to make it go minimal without background at the touch of a button, hides those [+][-] buttons and restores the zoom-level after restoring the size from a maximize. :)

Othesus 11-19-2007 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm9 (Post 66493)
Agreed, nice job Othesus.

Edit: I'll just have to add a bit of code to make it go minimal without background at the touch of a button, hides those [+][-] buttons and restores the zoom-level after restoring the size from a maximize. :)

Thanks... While working on the eq2map I was coming up with ideas and threw them into a plugin. The four buttons actually show and hide when you mouse over the map window, if that's what you're talking about.

I kind of like being able to set the opacities how ever you like from the Window Settings but I'll see how you do it.

Hmm, now that you mention the zoom-level thing, I'm thinking more about it but I don't see how you can get the ZoneMap image to zoom back. I'll have to see what you come up with.

One thing people mention sometimes is preventing ESC from closing the map, so that it acts more like a mini map. I might add that as a hide-titlebar option. Hmm, or just make it a variant of the same plugin.

I'm just getting tired of staring at the UIBuilder and Notepad++ debugging all day long!

gm9 11-19-2007 09:58 AM

I'm just going off your screenshots so far, haven't seen the code yet. I was referring to the default zoom level buttons in the lower right corner. I would wager that everybody uses the mouse-wheel to zoom instead. But for resetting the zoom, can't you activate these buttons via script?

And on the opacities: I just think it's nicer to be able to switch between minimal and full scale mode with one click, that's all.

Edit: I didn't plan on releasing anything btw, but will send you the code if I mod it.