EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   ProfitUI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   CoE UI XML changes affecting Profit (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16678)

tknarr 10-23-2012 07:11 PM

CoE UI XML changes affecting Profit

This is as of last night when I first got the beta. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a few more changes. I don't see anything that'd cause ProfitUI to break in beta, just some things won't be accessible without updates. I'm going to hold off until after 11/1 to do any work on it, I want to give SOE time to finalize changes before I do anything.

New files, should be no modifications needed:
eq2ui_global_browser.xml

Changed .dds files:

images/commonelements.dds
2 new elements: green exclamation-point icon on right side, bottom of a bubble in the center bottom

images/specialelements.dds
3 new elements: new SC logo icons on bottom right

images/window_elements_specific.dds
Many new elements

Changed .xml files:

eq2ui_loginscene.xml
New chunk for Prosieben
A few location changes

eq2ui_mainhud_death.xml
New button and page for selecting respawn point

eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml
New button for PSC (Prosieben SC?)

eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml
Location/size/scrollextent changes for icon cells

eq2ui_mainhud_mercenary.xml
Minor location/size and decoration change

eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml
Additions for Krono in the InventoryPage Page element
Changes to PassivePage, dropdown added
Minor arrangement changes on MountPage
New items in Tradeskill Page element
Lots of minor location/size/scrollextent changes
Lots of localization tag changes

eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml
Sourcerect change for NeutralInPvP

eq2ui_mainhud_welcome.xml
Addition of Prosieben SC items
Dynamic data changes for SC vs. Prosieben SC

eq2ui_tradeskills.xml
Dropdown box for quantity for bulk crafting

tknarr 10-29-2012 10:34 PM

Just realized looking at the changes for CoE and the latest Krono update: several of the image files that changed are in the skin packs. That means updating all skins in all variants. That's going to take quite a bit of editing.

Landiin 10-31-2012 10:25 PM

And thats why I quit using any graphic file SOE uses or may use.

tknarr 11-01-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landiin (Post 101312)
And thats why I quit using any graphic file SOE uses or may use.

Yep, but that means either accepting the default SOE graphics for display elements or modding every single XML file in the whole UI. It's really a case of "done once right, after that it's easy". I've got the original PSD files. I just need some quality time in Gimp to get the solid graphics elements in their own layer that I can overlay over backgrounds of whatever color I want. I know what to do, I just need to work out how to do it and do it.

Or I could just not do the skinpacks yet. That'll probably be what I end up doing, mod the default and get to the rest after I've got the XML working.

WTB: 36-hour days. Or a winning lottery ticket.

tknarr 11-05-2012 01:45 AM

Graphics updates (assuming beta graphics don't change again) are done for the default skin. Default variant 1 seems to be simple, 4 of the 5 files are identical between the two and windowelements.xml I can paste things across fairly simply. The classic skin will take a bit more work, but not much. There's only one set of elements in profit.dds that needs shading, the others are either straight paste jobs or square up a frame and flood-fill with a matching background color.

Hopefully that'll leave not too much in the way of XML changes and I can have things tenatively ready next weekend for the release on the 13th.

Remember that Tuesday is election day in the US. Even if you don't think there's anyone to vote for, there's probably things on the ballot you want to vote against. So vote.

tknarr 11-07-2012 10:04 PM

I've got the UI graphics done for CoE. They include all the stuff currently on Live, and all three sets of skins (default, default variant 1, classic) are up-to-date (or at least I believe they are). I'm putting them up on my server here:

http://arachnae.silverglass.org/~tkn.../skinpacks.zip

if people want to grab copies and check them. This a zipped copy of the ProfitUI/images/skinpacks folder that holds the color variants after download. Take the variant and color you want and unzip the color.zip file into ProfitUI/images, overwriting the 5 files with the new ones for the color you want. If I missed anything, hopefully it'll show up and I can get it included before CoE.

The whole thing's a 32-megabyte download.

11/08: Preliminary test shows the classic skin, the most outdated, seems to work OK with no missing elements. I threw it into my own installation to test it.

Conj 11-08-2012 07:44 PM

Can anyone just add these to the ProfitUI Updater? Ever since I downloaded Profit yesterday I'm unable to log back into beta. Do I have to delete it?

tknarr 11-08-2012 08:17 PM

Profit should be working on Beta, it was last night when I was checking the tradeskill window. Just make sure you're using what's on the updater, not the zipfile download. The zipfile hasn't been updated in ages. What I do is just drag a copy of my reguar UI/ProfitUI folder over to BetaServer/UI/ProfitUI and copy eq2.ini over to BetaServer (I don't have anything in it that needs editing for the new location).

I figure the classic and variant 1 skins have been outdated long enough at this point that 1 more week of using the default skins won't kill anyone. With the size I'd rather not overload Kaldran's mailbox more often than I have to.

Conj 11-08-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tknarr (Post 101364)
Profit should be working on Beta, it was last night when I was checking the tradeskill window. Just make sure you're using what's on the updater, not the zipfile download. The zipfile hasn't been updated in ages. What I do is just drag a copy of my reguar UI/ProfitUI folder over to BetaServer/UI/ProfitUI and copy eq2.ini over to BetaServer (I don't have anything in it that needs editing for the new location).

I figure the classic and variant 1 skins have been outdated long enough at this point that 1 more week of using the default skins won't kill anyone. With the size I'd rather not overload Kaldran's mailbox more often than I have to.

I followed the instructions. So whatever you have the instructions and profit updater set to, its what I have.

Papabard 11-09-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conj (Post 101365)
I followed the instructions. So whatever you have the instructions and profit updater set to, its what I have.

Conj not trying to be smart here but did you follow the directions the same way you did for fetish in which you said there was no eq2.ini file to be copied to the root game folder?

Basically run the Profit updater and in path (easiest way for you) to the game (settings file paths) point it to your everquest2/betaserver directory and it will install fine. I have been using it on beta since beta opened only time I had an issue was trying to bring the tradeskill window up getting told it was outdated and either update or delete it.

Conj 11-10-2012 10:26 AM

Let me summarize it by saying I am intimidated by these forums because I know jack chit about this stuff. According to the fetish instructions (I dug em up and posted a screenie below) it said "...move the eq2.ini FROM the file..."! And yet, I didn't see a eq2.ini file in that folder!!! And the only thing anywhere close to it is the eq2 configuration file. Do I need to screenshot the file I got here???

Maybe that makes sense to some of you that are good with code and all that stuff, but not me. If it isn't simplistic like profit updater than I'm lost. Adding anything or taking anything away from files is not my thing. It intimidates me. So I just steer clear of the things (like fetish) that said one thing and the solution wasn't right there in big bold print.

In the future, eq2interface would do well to have a downloader of some sort that would help "code illiterate people" or "file type illiterate people" that are lost inside files, like ME. :nana:

I understand and appreciate your efforts (all of you that have stuff on this site).... I really do! They make our game better and our help us enjoy certain classes performace especially in raiding enviroments. But because it's simple to you guys, don't flame us nooblets that dont know anything about this stuff, when we come here to ask questions. To avoid it in the future just create a simple stupid uploader and keep it up to date.

Papabard 11-10-2012 11:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes I do and I am sure several others do. Conj windows automatically hides the extention name of files it knows (this can be changed in Tools Options of your explorer so you can see them but eq2.ini shows in that listing as eq2 then right across from that it says "configuration settings" this is an ini file.

Also this is XML Changes Effecting Profit thread not a support thread for the current release of profit or fetish and these forums have never been designed to argue.

Conj 11-10-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papabard (Post 101391)
Yes I do and I am sure several others do. Conj windows automatically hides the extention name of files it knows (this can be changed in Tools Options of your explorer so you can see them but eq2.ini shows in that listing as eq2 then right across from that it says "configuration settings" this is an ini file.

Also this is XML Changes Effecting Profit thread not a support thread for the current release of profit or fetish and these forums have never been designed to argue.

I deleted my pics since this is a profit thread. I saw that config file but thought they were different from the .ini files. Told you I was file stupid.

Papabard 11-10-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conj (Post 101392)
I deleted my pics since this is a profit thread. I saw that config file but thought they were different from the .ini files. Told you I was file stupid.

Nah its called Microsoft setting a default behavior thinking everyone knows what a configuration files . extension should be. Windows should default to show file extensions and let users change that.

Anyway I hope you got/get your UI working and I am sure people here would be glad to answer any questions. Profit on Beta should work fine and just think only a few more days we all get to fix our UIs again :P

Ellyana 11-10-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conj (Post 101392)

its ok.
now you know! and knowing is half the battle!
:nana:

Conj 11-10-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papabard (Post 101394)
Nah its called Microsoft setting a default behavior thinking everyone knows what a configuration files . extension should be. Windows should default to show file extensions and let users change that.

Anyway I hope you got/get your UI working and I am sure people here would be glad to answer any questions. Profit on Beta should work fine and just think only a few more days we all get to fix our UIs again :P

I added a pic and started a new thread about the profit/beta issue to see if others are having the same problems and hopefully consolidate responses. I'm only doing so as to move the discussion out of this thread. Friends in game are having issues too. I have more questions pertaining to that problem but dont want to keep posting in this thread so please respond if you want to http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...395#post101395. Thanks.

tknarr 11-10-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papabard (Post 101394)

Not entirely fine on beta, the tradeskill window's incompatible because of the major changes for the Experimentation tab. Deleting eq2ui_tradeskills.xml and reverting to the default crafting window should be an acceptable workaround, and I'm planning on having the window updated for CoE (that's this weekend's major piece of work). Everything else seems to be working, there's a few missing graphics elements but I put up updated skinpacks earlier (that's what occupied my time this week, massaging all those .dds files in Gimp).

Papabard 11-10-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tknarr (Post 101399)
Not entirely fine on beta, the tradeskill window's incompatible because of the major changes for the Experimentation tab. Deleting eq2ui_tradeskills.xml and reverting to the default crafting window should be an acceptable workaround, and I'm planning on having the window updated for CoE (that's this weekend's major piece of work). Everything else seems to be working, there's a few missing graphics elements but I put up updated skinpacks earlier (that's what occupied my time this week, massaging all those .dds files in Gimp).

LOL yeah but then ya got me who uses a slightly modified version of Profit (from back when EliteUI was around) and some add in windows which might look pretty funky after the skin changes. Luckly I found a work around one time that I just renamed one of the element files changed referrences to old stuff to point to it and used one of the newer files in the profit areas. Did work but I am sure I will eventually be forced to stop doing that. :D

tknarr 11-11-2012 01:24 PM

CoE test files

I've got a first pass at the modifications. They're available at:
http://arachnae.silverglass.org/~tkn.../CoE_test1.zip

Note that these aren't totally complete. I've got the following:
  • The examine window
  • The loginscene splash screen and character login page
  • The revive/respawn window with the new point-of-need rez-in-place
  • The target and implied target windows with the new distance measurement
  • The welcome window's been brought current
  • The travel map's had the new Ethernere node added
  • The new stack count's been added to the maintained window, except for the duration-only variants
  • Updated all the skins (default, variant 1, classic) and all colors to include all the new graphics elements
I couldn't shoe-horn the stack count number into the duration-only maintained windows, there's just not enough space. I'm also not sure how clear the distance numbers will be on the target and implied target windows. I put the numbers on the right side above the health/power bars, mirroring the placement of the AA star and quest-update feather on the left side. In the simple targeting variant that's ugly because it sits on top of the epic-tier graphic, but the windows are so compact there's not any good empty space to put it elsewhere. Remember that you have to enable the distance meter in Options before it'll show up.

The following changes in beta aren't yet in:
  • The new tradeskill stats in the persona window
  • The pull-down for filtering passive effects in the persona window
  • The Experimentation tab in the tradeskill window
The tradeskill window's still incompatible, so if you need to craft in beta you'll have to delete eq2ui_tradeskills.xml and use the default window. If I can't get something done today, I'll probably add a new tradeskill variant that's just a copy of the default tradeskill window.

Papabard 11-11-2012 02:03 PM

Hope you can get something working with the tradeskill window. I hate the default enough to stop crafting entirely if forced to use it. :)

tknarr 11-11-2012 04:19 PM

Plans for the tradeskill window:

First priority will be the smaller and larger variants. Those have the same structure as the default UI window and don't have the complex scripting, and the structural changes needed for the new window will be easier to do. They're both amenable to the tab pane as in the default UI, and after adding that a few touch-ups should have them working.

The default window with the scripting for the slide-out and dual panes will come last. It's probably the most popular, but it's also going to be the hardest to alter because the UI Builder doesn't deal well with the scripting. I'm doing triage here: I'd rather get 2 versions working than none.

If someone wants to tackle the default variant, I'll cheerfully include the results.

Papabard 11-12-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tknarr (Post 101410)
I've got a first pass at the modifications. They're available at:
http://arachnae.silverglass.org/~tkn.../CoE_test1.zip

Note that these aren't totally complete. I've got the following:
  • The examine window
  • The loginscene splash screen and character login page
  • The revive/respawn window with the new point-of-need rez-in-place
  • The target and implied target windows with the new distance measurement
  • The welcome window's been brought current
  • The travel map's had the new Ethernere node added
  • The new stack count's been added to the maintained window, except for the duration-only variants
  • Updated all the skins (default, variant 1, classic) and all colors to include all the new graphics elements
I couldn't shoe-horn the stack count number into the duration-only maintained windows, there's just not enough space. I'm also not sure how clear the distance numbers will be on the target and implied target windows. I put the numbers on the right side above the health/power bars, mirroring the placement of the AA star and quest-update feather on the left side. In the simple targeting variant that's ugly because it sits on top of the epic-tier graphic, but the windows are so compact there's not any good empty space to put it elsewhere. Remember that you have to enable the distance meter in Options before it'll show up.

The following changes in beta aren't yet in:
  • The new tradeskill stats in the persona window
  • The pull-down for filtering passive effects in the persona window
  • The Experimentation tab in the tradeskill window
The tradeskill window's still incompatible, so if you need to craft in beta you'll have to delete eq2ui_tradeskills.xml and use the default window. If I can't get something done today, I'll probably add a new tradeskill variant that's just a copy of the default tradeskill window.

Looks like Large Variant of the Persona isn't in and small? Also this is fun for me. Shade of blue seems a bit off so not sure if I give you my image file you could tell me what variant of the skin I am actually accustom to or not. Will just find the color that hurts my eyes the least. :)

tknarr 11-12-2012 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papabard (Post 101418)
Looks like Large Variant of the Persona isn't in and small? Also this is fun for me. Shade of blue seems a bit off so not sure if I give you my image file you could tell me what variant of the skin I am actually accustom to or not. Will just find the color that hurts my eyes the least. :)

None of the persona window variants are there yet. The only changes are the additions of some tradeskill stats, nothing that'll be game-breaking or particular complex, I'm planning on adding them Monday. As for the color, the .dds files are from the default blue skin. All the skinpacks are there, you can just unzip the color you want from ProfitUI/images/skinpacks/variant into the ProfitUI/images folder and overwrite the default blue ones there.

tknarr 11-12-2012 03:33 AM

Note on scheduling: I plan on having the changes done Monday evening. However, since I can't be sure that what goes live will be an exact match for beta, I can't finalize the update and send it to Kaldran until I can check what I had for beta against the actual release. That won't happen until Tuesday afternoon or evening after I get off work. If everything relevant matches I can send the update out immediately, but if it doesn't I'll have to fix any discrepancies first.

So, plan on the changes showing up on the updater Tuesday night or Wednesday depending on Kaldran's schedule. I'll post the zipfile with the update when I send it off to Kaldran, for those who need it sooner.

tknarr 11-13-2012 12:10 PM

OK, I got the first download of the UI files from Live. I have to check the graphics files visually for any additional elements, and there's one difference on the tradeskill window I need to put in the large variant before I upload. I should have an upload before the servers come back up.