EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fetish (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   GU 57 Inquiry (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14509)

LizardKin 08-12-2010 12:39 PM

GU 57 Inquiry

I have an inquiry, and am hoping it is something feasible. Will the look of Fetish remain as is despite the (in my opinion) bad design alterations to the default UI? I would much prefer to not have Station Cash shoved in my face every time I play the game, which is exactly what the big new experience bar does. So, please, tell me that Fetish Nightfall will not be forced to conform to that design, the nice compact experience bars are one of the features of your UI I very much prefer. Thank you very much for producing a quality alternate UI for us, it is much appreciated.

Zonx 08-12-2010 01:48 PM

I haven't looked at the changes on test yet, but I can assure you I will avoid unnecessary layout changes if possible.

The whole goal of the Fetish UI is to improve functionality above all else. This is a fundamentally different goal than the default UI, which places a higher premium on visual aesthetics and is therefore willing to sacrifice some of the function for form. Similarly, the default UI may be required to promote (at a high level) SOE services that aren't central to regular game play. I have no such requirement and will always try to make non-essential UI optional/hideable.

LizardKin 08-13-2010 02:45 PM

That is most reassuring...I know that you do your best to provide a quality interface for us to use, and am glad you are keeping this one going. I've been using it for virtually my entire time playing EQ2, and would have been very disappointed if the default UI changes were so hard-coded as to affect the functioning of your fine product. Another strike against SOE, if that had been the case.

Accredo 08-14-2010 08:38 AM

With so much flexibility to create custom UI's I'm wondering why custom icons haven't been discussed or implemented. I currently use icons from the knowledge book for macros/hotkeys and while some seem appropriate for, i.e. resist gear changes... a lot are not for other purposes. It would be great if we had a pool of custom icons to select from for macros we create. :)

Just a thought

jnewton 08-14-2010 02:57 PM

Zonx,

While I've been playing around on the test server, I decided to see if Fetish would load and run. With the exception of the welcome screen and the maintained spells everything loaded. Of course since the persona/character window has under gone some major improvements it does not work correctly.

So, until you are able to get the necessary modules updated, the folks who are using Fetish shouldn't have much of a problem, and you not as much work.

Controller 08-15-2010 06:52 PM

You can use custom icons.

Accredo 08-16-2010 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Controller (Post 91987)
You can use custom icons.

You can? How and where is the file(s)? Where can I find custom icons?

Sorry I didn't intend to steer the topic away from what others are discussing here.

Accredo

Zonx 08-16-2010 04:13 PM

I think he meant to say "Can't".

SOE has not provided us with any means of defining additional macro/hotkey icons. The best we can do is modify the art of those predefined by SOE, which could cause a slew of unexpected problems.

For example, you customize an icon that happens to be used by a mob. Now your detrimental icon doesn't match the rest of the folks in your raid, and you're confused by instructions telling you what to look for.

Zonx 08-16-2010 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizardKin (Post 91971)
...if the default UI changes were so hard-coded as to affect the functioning of your fine product. Another strike against SOE, if that had been the case.

I have not yet assessed the changes, so can't say for sure if any hard-coding is likely to have an impact.

jnewton's post suggests there wont be any problem, but I can't be sure until I examine those windows he mentions as not working as intended on Test.

Accredo 08-16-2010 04:17 PM

[quote=Zonx;91999]I think he meant to say "Can't".

:D I suspected he meant "can't". I thought I'd awaken from a year long sleep and missed something when I read "can". :eek:

Thx for the reply and info on the difficulties to do so.

Accredo

mjlinton2 08-18-2010 11:00 AM

Gu 57

It tells me my UI is not compatable to upgrade it then it closes the game. Is there a way to fix this

opstar 08-18-2010 12:05 PM

What stuff do we have to delete to make this functional?

So far I've noticed no maintained bar, no inventory and no voice chat.

Anything else?

Tolaris 08-18-2010 12:30 PM

Gu57

Patiently awaiting the update... Default UI is horrid beyond measure... Dont know how people use it all the time...

*Posts guards at Zonx's door so hes not disturbed to ensure the fastest possible update*

adaemus 08-18-2010 12:31 PM

Quick fixes

Good Morning All,

I've made the following quick fixes to get back up and running for the most part. Note, these are by no means the correct and right fixes...just things that I did to get stuff back.

1. To get the Inventory Screen back (b/c it's now combined with the persona window):
In the EverQuest II\UI\FetishNightfall folder, find, 'eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml' and change it to: 'eq2ui_mainhud_persona_backup.xml'.

Note: You can change the name to anything or delete it (not that I'd recommend that. The point is to use the default persona window and not the fetish one until it can be fixed.

2. Do the same thing for the Welcome Screen:
In the EverQuest II\UI\FetishNightfall folder, find, 'eq2ui_mainhud_welcome.xml' and change it to 'eq2ui_mainhud_welcome_backup.xml'.

3. To get the Maintained window working again follow these steps:
a. In the Everquest II\UI\FetishNightfall folder find, 'eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml'
b. Open this xml in notepad or some other text editor.
c. Do a search for 'GameData.Spells' (This will get you to the right part of the file to edit.)
d. Now, search for the '>' character. (This is just a quick way to get to the end of the current <Page block of data).
e. Right before the '>' character enter the following (minus the []) [Version="2.0"]
f. So the line should look like this now (give or take if you have different options set for it)

<Page DynamicData="/GameData.Spells.MaintainedWindow" DynamicDataFilter="0001" eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Location="0,96" MaximumSize="1024,1024" MinimumSize="35,38" Name="Maintained" OnHoverIn=" Mode.visible=true RefreshBtn.visible=true " OnHoverOut=" Mode.visible=false RefreshBtn.visible=false " PackLocation="left,center" PackSize="a,f" RStyleDefault="/rectlist.chat_bubble_frame" ScrollExtent="35,500" Size="35,500" SizeBig="137,27" SizeSmall="27,27" Tooltip="Maintained Spells" UserMovable="true" UserResizable="true" UserScrollable="false" Version="2.0">

4. Since the EQ2 button is now affixed to the new experience bar it is missing in the Fetish UI. I found the experience.xml and renamed that to _backup like the files above but I didn't really like the new UI bar. Instead, I went back into the game and found the keymap for the "Game Menu" which is what the EQ2 button brings up and assigned it to 'Alt `'. This allows me to quickly bring up the menu of all of the game windows without having to stare at the new ugly experience bar.

This doesn't fix everything I'm sure but it got me back up and running for the way I was using the Fetish UI. Hope it helps.

Tradolan 08-18-2010 12:33 PM

Adaemus,

Thanks much. I've been sitting here troubleshooting the XML includes by trial and error. Got the majority back through many of the steps you mentioned above -- it looks like the main hud is screwed however.

I look forward to further updates. Fetish is the best by far!

adaemus 08-18-2010 12:48 PM

Appears that the group window is slightly messed up as well. The little three buttons that use to be present when outside of a group don't show up now until you join a group. Then those buttons are behind behind the group member info.

Doesn't appear to be affecting the functionality, just looks ugly. I'll let the pro's tackle this one.

skylancer 08-18-2010 01:02 PM

Ty adda,
And ty Zonk for this mod ive been using 4ever-
Skylancer here, Me alana, Bran, Saxy, Ocao, Kog all been rippin it up on naggy couple years now, drop by rolla toon sometime :)
STORM on nagafen our guild.

Smeagol 08-18-2010 01:15 PM

GU 57 Update

Just trying to plan for raiding in the next few days. I've not tried the click cures in the raid window, are they broken? What is the rough estimate on when a Fetish update will be released. Completely understand if Zonx hasn't had time to look at the changes yet, just trying to get a approximate idea of what to expect over the next few days.

Tolaris 08-18-2010 02:17 PM

Limping until update

edited - Got it figured out :) Again, thanks adaemus for getting us through until the update :)

Benezetta 08-18-2010 03:30 PM

My biggest problem right now is with the hotbar spinners. I go to Hotbar Settings > Hotkey Options and tick on Show Spinner, then click Apply. But the spinner doesn't come up.

Penebo 08-18-2010 03:51 PM

damn i understand nothing hope a real and full fetish update comes fast , i think 11.5 or 12 are tne next .. im not sure...i need it to play ..my english sucks alot so i dont understand this one post with the files :(

Kirara 08-18-2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penebo (Post 92100)
damn i understand nothing hope a real and full fetish update comes fast , i think 11.5 or 12 are tne next .. im not sure...i need it to play ..my english sucks alot so i dont understand this one post with the files :(

Google might be helpfull: http://translate.google.com/translat...&sl=auto&tl=de

At "Translate into:" select your language. It's not perfect but could help you to understand.

Dethdlr 08-18-2010 07:20 PM

GU57 Bandaid

I posted a bandaid for GU57. All it does is rename 4 of the files but should make it easy to get back up and running until Zonx puts out the next release.

Whitefang 08-18-2010 07:31 PM

thx Adaemus, that got me going. I love patch day.

Zonx 08-18-2010 09:50 PM

FYI, working on the update now. Hope to have something out by the AM. For now I recommend just renaming any files that are giving you trouble.

Also wanted to say thx to those that recently donated and have stuck with the UI all these years. And give a shout out to those that take the time to help others on these forums. You folks make it all worthwhile :)