EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   EQ2Map Troubleshooting (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   EQ2MAP auto updater and Windows Vista (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6878)

Mahonri 10-16-2006 03:09 PM

EQ2MAP auto updater and Windows Vista

Just to let everyone know (if you don't already), EQ2MAP auto updater works flawlessly in Windows Vista after a clean install and no added software updates (ei: .net). So for those who are planning on upgrading to Vista when it comes out, there is nothing to worry about EQ2-wise; I've been running both the game and the map updater for the past few weeks without a hitch!
:nana:

EDIT: And UIBuilder works completely normally too!

Dolby 10-16-2006 03:14 PM

Thanks for testing that Mahonri. Thats good to hear!

taco-man 11-02-2006 05:47 PM

well thats good to hear, i was hoping i wouldn't have to upgrade it for vista since i haven't had an eq2 account now for so long i don't even remember, lol. plus I'm just so busy with school. and yes I'm still alive, just really busy with work/school and don't really have any free time.

Rubax 03-13-2007 01:06 PM

Well, Windows Vista keeps me asking for the Administrator password any time I start the Updater. Also the Windows shield is shown on the icon, which means, the program needs admin privileges. Anybody knows how to register the program with vista as a reliable one?

ozubis 03-30-2007 04:50 AM

i cannot event instal EQMAP on Vista it just show for 0.3 s a MS DOS windows and disapears directly
I run very good profit reborn UI and eq2 without any problems but eqmap still don't wnat to set up :(
HELLLLLLLp me :((((

Lera 04-29-2007 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubax (Post 57170)
Well, Windows Vista keeps me asking for the Administrator password any time I start the Updater. Also the Windows shield is shown on the icon, which means, the program needs admin privileges. Anybody knows how to register the program with vista as a reliable one?

I get the 'Cancel or Allow' box every time I run it - any way to fix this?

jonathn2875 04-30-2007 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lera (Post 58624)
I get the 'Cancel or Allow' box every time I run it - any way to fix this?

The only way ATM is to turn off user account control.

gm9 04-30-2007 01:53 AM

Not a Vista user here, but I thought that you could also bypass the security features by just not installing in a protected folder such as \Program Files.

fozzie22 05-06-2007 06:29 AM

Having all sorts of problems installing EQ2 map on Vista,i've turned off UAC run it in compatibility mode and still it doesnt work.

Any clues or advice would be welcome i cant play the game without it :)

Lera 05-07-2007 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathn2875 (Post 58628)
The only way ATM is to turn off user account control.

Yes, but then I wouldn't get these messages:

Is there any way to add something to the program so Vista knows it's a safe application?

Lord_Shaleph 05-07-2007 10:01 PM

Fixing

Hi there, I just got a new computer with Vista, and I was having problems connecting too. What you have to do is to right click the shortcut to EQII, go to Properties, click on Compatibility, and check the box saying that this program should run as an administrator. Close that, and then right click on the shortcut again, and click on 'Run as Administrator'. I haven't had one of the annoying User Account Control panels since!

Have fun!

amoahad 04-05-2008 10:38 AM

eq2 map updater

is there a step by step walk through for the map updater. i am running vista. also im very computer illiterate so the directions ive been able to find are just to vauge

Landiin 04-05-2008 12:13 PM

1. Right click on the desktop icon/shortcut
  2. Click on properties from the popup menu you get from right clicking on the icon.
  3. Click on the capabilities tab from the new window that was opened from clicking on properties from the popup menu you got from right clicking on the icon.
  4. Check the Run this program as administrator checkbox.
  5. Click the OK button.

Foxy Hotsauce 09-18-2008 11:43 PM

Still completely stuck... I've had the map updater for a couple weeks now and still can't get it to run in EQ2... I've deleted it and redownloaded it... I've tried just about everything and still....... nothing. What the heck am I doing wrong?

jnils 09-18-2008 11:56 PM

Im not sure what the problem is, can't you run the Updater or it don't show up in game?

dehdofwntr 12-24-2008 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landiin (Post 71452)
  1. Right click on the desktop icon/shortcut
  2. Click on properties from the popup menu you get from right clicking on the icon.
  3. Click on the capabilities tab from the new window that was opened from clicking on properties from the popup menu you got from right clicking on the icon.
  4. Check the Run this program as administrator checkbox.
  5. Click the OK button.

When I follow these steps the checkbox is greyed out.. not allowing me to select it. I have already turned off safe mode.

lordebon 12-25-2008 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dehdofwntr (Post 79260)
When I follow these steps the checkbox is greyed out.. not allowing me to select it. I have already turned off safe mode.

When UAC is disabled everything is run as an administrator (since in 99.99% of cases your user account is an admin account). Thus the box is greyed out since everything is already being run that way.