EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Beta (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Market Preset Searches (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2747)

Djanee 04-27-2005 02:10 PM

Market Preset Searches

2 Attachment(s)
I wanted to put up a working model for feedback and suggestions. I'll work on some additional documentation to make it easier for the general populace to modify the presets.

This mod adds a small button labeled "show" on the broker search window (eq2ui_inventory_market.xml) and a new window with several search preset buttons. Press the button and a new window pops up with 12 preset buttons. Each button can be independently configured by modifying the corresponding preset#.xml file. Press the button and the search parameters get prefilled and the search is run. I have some sample searches set up.

I included a text file with a basic outline of how to modify the preset files and the appropriate values.

When testing, please pay special attention to changes in the window frame and title settings. I think it was just a fluke but somehow I got some value into my server_character_eq2_uisettings.xml. Once I had that issue every time I used the preset I got a message "Usage /tellchannel <chanelname> <<message>" and the SelectedItemIndex part of the macro would not work. If anyone can reproduce this, I'd love to know. I think it may have just been a fluke for me as I was making other window position type changes at the time I was testing this. Once I deleted the server_character_eq2_uisettings.xml file, everything worked fine.

Credits: I started with the old style Mookish Broker window from Deathbane. I didn't like the new graphics and layout, so I just modified the old one to add tier and my little show button. I borrowed heavily from code examples in Kosmos's Performance Panel and Quib's store window. Thanks to Kosmos and dc_roenfanz for helpin me figure out the include syntax.

Ricki 04-28-2005 12:15 PM

MMMM i love this mod.. Great work! i was actually pointed to it by deathbane27 and i hooked it up last night. I didn't see any problems so far!!

Deathbane27 04-28-2005 09:44 PM

Quote:

somehow I got some value into my server_character_eq2_uisettings.xml. Once I had that issue every time I used the preset I got a message "Usage /tellchannel <chanelname> <<message>" and the SelectedItemIndex part of the macro would not work.
That occurs when you are in a chat channel and use a script with (x)=1. (/1 is a shortcut for /tellchannel 1). This is due to the way that the game treats UI scripts...

Work-around to try:

Instead of Parent.TierDropdown.SelectedIndex=1 (or whatever it is), try giving the button a property of Tier="1", and then use Parent.TierDropdown.SelectedIndex=(Tier). Not certain it will fix the issue but it's certainly worth a shot.

Ricki 04-29-2005 12:04 AM

Just noticed.. there was no documentation on how to change the Presets =\ at least not in my zip file

Djanee 04-29-2005 12:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm sorry, somehow I missed the .txt file when I zipped it. It's not idiot proof but you'll get the general idea of how to modify the presets in this text file. Working on better documentation

Ricki 05-04-2005 10:34 PM

I do get the same error you spoke of. I have to agree with deathbane27 on his interpretation of why its being caused. Even though i have no programming skills whatsoever, but it makes perfect sense. Are there any updates to this as of yet? i love it!!!! keep it up =)

Djanee 05-04-2005 11:07 PM

I was trying (somewhat unsuccessfully) to rewrite based on Deathbane's information. I'm sure that's the case.

Seems however that today's hotfix for the issues with the guild permissions has this working FINE for me on the old (posted) code. Perhaps they changed the way commands are parsed specifically because of the guild window issues. I'll see if it holds up. Can any of you who have downloaded this post if it's working or not after the hotfix patches of May 4?

Wiking 05-14-2005 07:07 AM

I love this mod. is there any way to say I wanna find a adept from 1 gold to 5 gold...?

I mean set a price :D

Kosmos 05-15-2005 09:06 AM

For your next mod, you might consider making a player housing window that has pre-set buttons for the friends you visit often, so that you don't have to type the name in the text box... :)

Should be pretty easy to do the same way you did this mod.

Djanee 05-16-2005 02:10 PM

Cool idea Kosmos. I'll have to try that too. Sorry I haven't gotten this polished and moved over to the downloads section. Damn real life tryin to get my attention again!

jrmars 05-16-2005 04:31 PM

Is there any way I could have it set a custom price like say im looking for ashen roots and i want i want to see anything from 0-4sp

Kattmando 06-23-2007 02:18 PM

Mod Update coming soon?

Any way someone can update this mod?

-Kattmando

Othesus 06-23-2007 02:30 PM

Wow, that's a really old one.

The stand-alone Profit Market window might work for you. It has a ton of presets and you can make your own if you want.