EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   DrumsUI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Experience Vials? (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18222)

diashto 05-04-2016 08:05 PM

Experience Vials?

Any word on when there'll be an update so we can claim experience vials?

Blackhood 05-05-2016 02:23 AM

I can somewhat do it, I don't know how to edit or do whatever to .dds files though. Someone would have to teach me or edit DrumsUI's window_elements_specific.dds, because that is where the new images for the vials are in the default ui.

diashto 05-05-2016 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhood (Post 106649)
I can somewhat do it, I don't know how to edit or do whatever to .dds files though. Someone would have to teach me or edit DrumsUI's window_elements_specific.dds, because that is where the new images for the vials are in the default ui.

There's a whole forum here just for that... hope that'll help!

https://eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31

pretty much you have to import the DDS file into photoshop/GIMP/etc and edit it that way. There's plugins you need too.

diashto 05-05-2016 05:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I went ahead and put the icons in exactly the same place for you in this file, in case you don't have those tools available:

Blackhood 05-05-2016 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diashto (Post 106651)
I went ahead and put the icons in exactly the same place for you in this file, in case you don't have those tools available:

Thanks for this! Not only do I not have the tools available, even if I did have the tools I wouldn't know what to do. Do you mind saying how you did it? I would like to know so I can do it.

Also where do you want it the vial? I just put it in the middle of things for right now (lol). I hate this experience bar though.

Blackhood 05-05-2016 09:43 PM

Ok, Here is what I have, I am not done, but at least the vials are there. I put it to the left.

window_elements_specific.dds goes to \ui\drumsui\images

I will finish up tommorow (I hope!)

<link removed>

diashto 05-07-2016 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhood (Post 106658)
Thanks for this! Not only do I not have the tools available, even if I did have the tools I wouldn't know what to do. Do you mind saying how you did it? I would like to know so I can do it.

Sure... though unless you have image editing experience, some of it might sound greek to you.

I used a program called GIMP, after installing the correct plugin to be able to read DDS (directdraw surface) files. Opened the defaultUI window_elements_specific.dds file, as well as the DrumsUI window_elements_specific.dds file, and found the elements that were missing from Drums in the Default file, then copied them to exactly the same spot in the DrumsUI file by basically layering one window right on top of the other one and flipping back and forth until they were in the same spot. Then exported the file as DDS, and done. :)

Blackhood 05-08-2016 12:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
@diashto, thanks for the links and the explanation. I will be giving it a shot in the days to come.

Also for the vials, I moved the vials up to the first bar position. I can't get the text "Adv XP Being Siphoned" to show like in the default UI. I believe I have everything right, just won't show.

Otherwise, I think it's good (unless you guys say otherwise ;) )

diashto 05-11-2016 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhood (Post 106680)
@diashto, thanks for the links and the explanation. I will be giving it a shot in the days to come.

Also for the vials, I moved the vials up to the first bar position. I can't get the text "Adv XP Being Siphoned" to show like in the default UI. I believe I have everything right, just won't show.

Otherwise, I think it's good (unless you guys say otherwise ;) )

Works good by me!

diashto 05-12-2016 07:58 PM

Now if only you could get that red 4.2% off that bottom bar... its on mine too, and i have no idea what it is.

Blackhood 05-13-2016 10:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by diashto (Post 106691)
Now if only you could get that red 4.2% off that bottom bar... its on mine too, and i have no idea what it is.

Try this, let me know if it's ok or if anything is wrong. Seems the adv xp bar was copied over for the tithe bar. There should be a 0 near the end of the bar now, that should say how many tithe points you have.

Siliconeclone 11-21-2016 10:13 PM

Thanks much for this. I had been running an older version for awhile now due to the "Disable Welcome Screen" mod and hadn't gotten around to updating it.

This worked great with the mod and now I can use vials normally lol