EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fetish (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   some dialog boxes are black (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15655)

moldragor 05-16-2011 04:05 PM

some dialog boxes are black

i've noticed that since the expansion that some NPCs when talking to them i get only black boxes vs the text of what they are saying. the same goes for the multiple choice responses - they are all black.

ideas/suggestions on what to rename/delete to fix this?
Moldragor

moldragor 05-19-2011 01:31 PM

um...

really this isn't happening to anyone else?

Moldragor :confused:

lordebon 05-19-2011 01:48 PM

This was an issue that came in with DoV, should be a few posts popping up in search.

Basically you may need to delete commonelements.dds from your install (it'll be in the /images subdirectory of your Fetish folder).

moldragor 05-19-2011 02:13 PM

thanks

i'll give that a shot and report back - thanks for the info!
Moldragor :)

moldragor 05-21-2011 07:36 PM

darn

that didn't fix the issue. renamed the file and extension and i still get the black dialogue boxes from certain NPCs.

any more thoughts/suggestions? :confused:

GorGusEyes1 05-22-2011 10:14 PM

I have noticed the same problem the last couple of days. But it does not seem to be an issue at the moment. Its mostly been on repeatable quest stuff.

moldragor 05-23-2011 07:27 AM

hmmm

mine is on what i'm told are HQ quests. :confused:

lordebon 05-23-2011 09:33 AM

It's the heritage quests that had the problem, since they changed them to use a special fancy dialog look to make it more obvious that it's an "important" quest.

You can try copying the file I mentioned from the default to your Fetish folder and see if that fixes it.

moldragor 05-23-2011 09:52 AM

ok...

i've copied the file over - will report back....
Moldragor

moldragor 05-23-2011 04:02 PM

sigh...

nope that didn't fix it.
an NPC that i can name is Viglundr Doomforge in great divide near the entrance to storm gorge.

open to other suggestions.
Garni

moldragor 11-08-2011 09:34 AM

still happening

anyone else have any suggestions - all the above i've tried and still have the black dialogue for certain NPCs.
Garni

Savie 11-08-2011 10:56 AM

You are missing an image file. You need to clear your browser history/cookie then download the latest patch, making sure to completely replace your images folder. This problem was resolved quite a while back.

moldragor 11-08-2011 11:02 AM

images?

what images folder? the one for fetishUI? i've removed and reinstalled fetish thinking it was missing something. didn't help.

how does emptying the browser cache help eq2?
Garni

Savie 11-08-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moldragor (Post 98628)
what images folder? the one for fetishUI? i've removed and reinstalled fetish thinking it was missing something. didn't help.

how does emptying the browser cache help eq2?
Garni

Your copy is missing something, an image file. The images folder I am referring to is the one inside your fetishUI folder.
Deleting the browser cache helps because sometimes your browser will try and download an older version instead of the newest, so be sure when you're downloading the latest patch that it is the correct patch number.

moldragor 11-08-2011 03:26 PM

ok

ok got it thanks. i'll give this a shot and report back.
Garni

Savie 11-08-2011 07:20 PM

I forgot to add, you'll also need the xml file where the new button image was added in, so you're better off just copying the entire patch for Fetish over, not just the images folder. Sorry, that just occurred to me...

moldragor 11-08-2011 09:34 PM

arrgh

i complete redownloaded fetish again, extracted it, merged in the patches that are post 11.9 and moved it to my eq2\ui folder tree. i deleted the old fetish folder prior to the new folder coming in.
i also have eq2map, which brings down map updates, but i doubt that is the issue.

still get the black dialog for the NPC i mentioned in one of my earlier posts to the thread.

so what "image" file am i missing?

Savie 11-08-2011 10:29 PM

Ok fresh install of Fetish 11.9, so did you download and install this patch after the reinstall of Fetish v11.9?

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...GU61Patch.html

If so, the only thing I can think of is that you have a copy of EQ2 somewhere that you don't seem to be aware of that the game is actually using, that is not where you're making these changes.

moldragor 11-09-2011 08:25 PM

patches

yep - there are 2 other patches in between those as well.
i only have 1 copy of eq2 (new PC, about 10 months old), and i make sure that eq2map is launching using this UI vs the default.

Garni

Savie 11-09-2011 10:33 PM

Once the basic Fetish (v11.9) is installed, the only thing you need to do to it is install the patch that I linked in my last post. The two other patches you're talking about are not necessary

moldragor 11-12-2011 01:07 PM

ok....

i'll give it a shot again with only those 2 and let you know.
Garni

moldragor 12-06-2011 12:51 PM

fixed!

i was finally able to get the dialog boxes back - using the method you suggested. :nana:
now i have to wait for the UI to be updated again for the new expansion.
Garni