EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   EQ2Map Troubleshooting (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Failure at Update stage (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12277)

Omie 01-18-2009 05:26 PM

Failure at Update stage

New Install, I'm stuck -- I get the following messages

Warning: Unknown Error - Invalid Signature

Error Opening Database File: System
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
at EQ2MAPUpdater.MainWindow.DownloadUpdates()The settings property 'MAPFilesURL' was not found.

Errors ocurred during update, EQ2map may not work, do you still want to run EQ2?

Any Ideas? EQ still works, but the map program does not.

lordebon 01-18-2009 07:37 PM

Uninstall and try a reinstall perhaps?

jnils 01-19-2009 12:31 AM

Try to reinstall as a file seems to be missing.

slinkster 06-10-2009 08:51 AM

I am having the same problem as of yesterday

On 6-8-09 I did a full scan on my computer with avg and windows defender. Also there were windows updates such as service pack 2. That was done also on 6-8-09. I logged in 6-9-09 and now can not run eq2map updater. I uninstalled it a couple of times then re-installed, I still get this same message. The pop up box says common language runtime detected an invalid program. I ckick that and get the same info that Omie gets. I am not sure what to do next. I have vista ultimate. Please if anyone has an idea what happened I would greatly appreciate it.

jnils 06-10-2009 09:34 AM

This is a .NET issue, somehow it has broken, i have no clu how to fix it , might try to reinstall .NET 2.0 or 3.5. If you can't get it to work try use Landiins updater.

slinkster 06-10-2009 12:17 PM

.net framework

Hi,

Thank you for your quick response. What I don't understand is up until 3 days ago eq2map updater worked. The .net framework that I have on my computer is :Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 for Windows Vista x64, and Windows Server 2008 x64

I am pretty sure I never had any other version of Framework on my computer.
Does any of this make any sense to you?

jnils 06-10-2009 01:10 PM

Should work with 3.5 to.
But have no other clue :(

lordebon 06-11-2009 06:12 AM

.NET is patched through windows update, you could have downloaded an update for it that somehow broke compatibility with the updater program.

SaintPeter 06-11-2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Updater Error (Post 79969)
at EQ2MAPUpdater.MainWindow.DownloadUpdates()The settings property 'MAPFilesURL' was not found.

I'm just wondering if this line could mean the setting file was corrupted, missing, or had a permissions issue. If it was not readable/writeable, a reinstall may not fix the issue.

Do we know where the configuration file is stored and what it is called?

gm9 06-11-2009 10:01 AM

Yeah, that's what jnils responded to the OP. The problem is the issue now discussed is something else entirely, which is why I usually just delete thread hijacks and necro posts like the present one (and I do that a lot... :p) but jnils had already responded.

Landiin 06-11-2009 10:39 AM

Just use mine, it's .NET free.. :P

slinkster 06-13-2009 08:20 AM

.net issues

Woot, you are great! I know there is going to be an update coming soon and I hated the thought that I wouldn't be able to get the maps updated. I really appreciate the help and the quick response, take care guys, again TY!!