EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   XML Modification Help & Info (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   /GameData.Group (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3012)

ReilenBlaeyze 05-19-2005 06:44 PM

/GameData.Group

I'm working on building a new group window with some cool features, but the dynamic data from the /GameData.Group.* branch don't seem to be working.

Are these broken and if so any know when its going to be fixed?

dc_roenfanz 05-19-2005 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReilenBlaeyze
I'm working on building a new group window with some cool features, but the dynamic data from the /GameData.Group.* branch don't seem to be working.

Are these broken and if so any know when its going to be fixed?

Yes, they are broken. And no, noone knows when SoE will enable/fix them. *grumbles*

Laffs 09-24-2005 05:04 PM

Would just like to say that some of this is working now :nana:

For a hp value for a group member the DD path is "/GameData.Group.Group_1.CurrentHealth" Group_2 etc etc

:)

Findarato 09-25-2005 12:16 AM

Thoes dont work still. I have them added to my UI and they never show up correctly.

Laffs 09-25-2005 07:32 AM

Lol I just said that the Hit point values are working now well on Runnyeye server they is at least.... Sorry if it was misleading and made you think I was refering to all of the data.

Wulfgyr 10-30-2005 01:21 PM

Some of it does work, I've got current group member health percentage added to the end of my group windows for Draco'Kyn UI.

Code:

/GameData.Group.Group_2.HealthPercent
That's what I'm using for it, works fine, far as I can tell.

I have had one report of a bug - Scribble said he had issue's when grouped across zones. I haven't been able to duplicate it, but I haven't experimented with combat across zones. Taking falling damage in one zone, with a group member in the other updated both group windows in my original tests, I still need to test "regular" combat with it, though.

Wulfy

edit: One thing that could affect this.... the data filter. I've got it set to FBFF, if I remember correctly. And no, this isn't listed in the UI customization guide, I found it when scrubbing the code against one of the default UI files, not sure which. :\

edit 2: ok, grouped w/ some guildies today while I tradeskilled.... while thier health bars reflected damage taken in other zones, the health percentage stayed at 100%. I'll try and see if it updates while in the same zone, not sure if the wifey will let me have any playtime tonite or not, though. :( SOO..... it does indeed seem to be broken for cross-zone updates, at least.

nomad980 10-31-2005 12:33 AM

im trying to figure this out as well. I tried doing what Wulfgyr did in his, but that doesnt seem to work at all for me. going to keep on trying and looking around, but i am going to need to figure out how to use the filter a little more.

Landiin 10-31-2005 12:57 AM

/GameData.Group.Group_#.MaxHealth
/GameData.Group.Group_#.CurrentHealth

These two I know work but only work with lables. Persents don't seem to work for lables or progress bars.

Wulfgyr 10-31-2005 07:16 AM

aye, my percent indicator at the end of the group window was inserted as a label. I'll see if I have time tonite to look at it more (wifey has nite school Monday-thursday, *sigh* I might get play time again in about 16 years... when all the kids are finally in college, lol)

Wulfy

nomad980 11-11-2005 03:13 PM

Any luck with this wulf? I found someone that had something similar on here, http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4053 Well I am off to try and figure this out.

*edit*
Look at that replied to the wrong post... thats what i get for being in a hurry to tell whoever it was that was looking for this information before...

Agathorn 11-23-2005 09:00 AM

Ran headlong into these issues last night. Apparently while some of this DD works fine as text labels, they inexplicably do not function as progress bars. Very odd.

Zonx 10-31-2007 01:09 AM

DDs pump down data to various atributes of the object they are attached to. From what I can tell, most of the "recently fixed" DDs are setting the text atribute but often supply nothing to the other atributes like Value (used by prog bars).

FWIW, I've implemented Archetype icons in my group window (see patch 9.2.3) but this is done via klugy events since the DD updates don't fire an event and the member windows Show before the data has fully initiallized. Similar methods could be used for anything that only changes as the members change.