EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   EQ2MAP New maps (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   [MAP] Silent City - Complete 5/13/06 (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5250)

caoimhin 12-23-2005 11:34 PM

[MAP] Silent City - Complete 5/13/06

8 Attachment(s)
Entrance Area

exp01_dun_silent_city.iop

There are some over lap of tunnels between the first and second area, I'll let you decide where to split it.

The walls look kinda wierd cause I mapped the outer rocky edge as well as the points on the floor were the wall slope ends.

Remove any lines you feel clutter the map.

I have mapped the outer wall of the epic area that you can use as a place holder for the 3rd map until I can get back in there to finish it up

caoimhin 12-23-2005 11:38 PM

Area 2

3 Attachment(s)
Area 2, locs and pictures

caoimhin 12-23-2005 11:39 PM

Epic area

1 Attachment(s)
Epic area, incomplete, but has the full outer boundry and the start of a few landmarks

ogrebear 12-24-2005 05:09 AM

3 Attachment(s)
They look pretty good.

SaintPeter 12-24-2005 01:24 PM

Rock.

I'll see what I can do with these.

caoimhin 01-05-2006 02:13 AM

epic area

I am almost done logging locs for the epic area, there are a few lines left that I will need to go in with a raid to get. Hope to get it done by the end of the weekend.

SaintPeter 01-05-2006 02:23 AM

I've started work on the other two areas. Shouldn't take me too long.

Awesome work, yet again :)

caoimhin 01-05-2006 04:53 PM

Sounds great, thanks

I have a question on the creation of the line drawing from the locs.

I noticed that the pictures Ogrebear posted from some of my locs had a much nicer light weight line. I was wondering if that was the vector tool you were using or part of the conversion routing that made them like that?

I use the latest version of inkscape and someones pearl scripts to turn the locs into a vector drawing. I couldn't find an option in inkscape itself to set the line weight so I was thinking it might be an attribute of the nodes themselves and was being specified by the pearl script.

Thanks

ogrebear 01-05-2006 09:29 PM

I use the this method

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2776

up to step 5.... if you use the same method in inkscape there might be an option that i cahnge a long time ago and forgot.

not sure which perl vertion i have i instanced in on teh 4th of novermber though.

SaintPeter 01-05-2006 11:29 PM

BTW, I've almost got the first map done for this one.

You can change the line weight in inkscape.

Shift-Ctrl-F opens the stroke/fill dialog which allows you to change the line weight.

SaintPeter 01-06-2006 08:58 PM

[Map] Silent City East and Center

2 Attachment(s)
Maps -
0 = Silent City - East
1 = Silent City - Center

As usual, excelent job on the /locs, Caoimhin.

I'll finish up the epic area when you post it.

Minor thing -
I did end up going into the zones myself to get the /locs for the "roads". I felt that they were signifiant features of the map and should be included. I think it's details like that that can really bring out the map.

For the Epic area, I'd apprecaite a number of "Overview" type shots that show me where things are relative to one another and where the textures are. I have been there once now, but don't really know how it all fits together.

Code:

<ImageStyle Name="exp01_dun_silent_city_0" zonerect="-352, 137, 4, 549" availablerect="-337, 137, 4, 549">
<ImageFrame Name="imageFrame" Source="images/maps/map_exp01_dun_silent_city_0.dds" SourceRect="0,0,436,506"/>
</ImageStyle>
<ImageStyle Name="exp01_dun_silent_city_1" zonerect="-644, 253, -327, 620" availablerect="-644,253,-337,620">
<ImageFrame Name="imageFrame" Source="images/maps/map_exp01_dun_silent_city_1.dds" SourceRect="0,0,436,506"/>
</ImageStyle>

Dolby 01-12-2006 11:44 PM

The 2 maps are now live website/patcher, I dont have access to this zone. I just recieved the quest now. So I cant test it, but it should work.

caoimhin 01-13-2006 02:02 PM

Great, thx dolby, I will be in there tonight doing some more mapping for the epic area (taking me longer than I thought but I want to make sure I have it all as it is difficult for the mapmaker to go visit it if I miss something) and will check it out.

BTW the maps look awsome, great work Saint Peter

caoimhin 01-21-2006 03:43 AM

Epic area stuff

8 Attachment(s)
locs, outlines for the epic area.

I have 3 set of locs in attachments, in the northern middle area of the map there are 3 overlapping tiers of floors, I have put the middle and top tiers into seperate txt files. All of the floors are either waterways or the same tile work as included except the lower in altitute the dirtier it seems to be. I have also included a basic outline that I have filled some color in, the dark green is all the waterway or pools and the brown are all of the dirt hills that have pilled up around the edges.

caoimhin 01-21-2006 04:04 AM

Epic area screenshots

8 Attachment(s)
I am posting a bunch of screenshots that try to give a good overview of the area, if you find something confusing I have lots more that I haven't posted (because of space) and one of them may help describe it better or I could describe it in text if not. Left and right (West and East) sides of map are pretty much mirror images in layout.

SaintPeter 01-21-2006 11:46 AM

Awesome! Absolutly awesome.

/me bows down.

I'm working on the Living Tombs right now, but once I get those posted, I'll try and get this one done.

/me claps again.

caoimhin 05-07-2006 09:16 PM

silent city epic area

did this get done or is it in the queue somewhere, might have missed the upload of it?

Cheers

SaintPeter 05-08-2006 12:01 AM

Errr.

"In the Queue".

I'll do it next.

/blush

SaintPeter 05-13-2006 10:02 PM

Posted.

The most complex part of this map was figuring out what went on top of what. I spent a lot of time playing with the vector file. The actuall coloring went really quickly.