EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Patch Notes (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Start Button Missing on Experiment Tab for Crafting (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16839)

hghdnsty 12-21-2012 03:26 PM

Start Button Missing on Experiment Tab for Crafting

All,

I just started using the "Expermment" feature (from tradeskill prestige tab). Once this skill is activated, a new tab shows up in the tradeskill window allowing folks to experiment on crafted items. That said, it's not yet compatible with Profit UI because the Start button is missing in the Profit UI interface. Is there anyone out there can can add this Start button so that I don't have to switch out my UI folders everytime I want to Experment on new items???

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
HghDnsty

tknarr 12-21-2012 06:00 PM

It should be there for the default and larger variants (the larger variant being currently just the default UI's version with some buttons rearranged). The small variant hasn't been updated yet, so if you're using that you'll need to switch.

The scripting for the crafting window's fairly complex, and the new structure required for the two tabs broke it badly. Fixing it on each variant's non-trivial. That's why it's taking a while to get all of them.

hghdnsty 12-22-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tknarr (Post 102251)
It should be there for the default and larger variants (the larger variant being currently just the default UI's version with some buttons rearranged). The small variant hasn't been updated yet, so if you're using that you'll need to switch.

The scripting for the crafting window's fairly complex, and the new structure required for the two tabs broke it badly. Fixing it on each variant's non-trivial. That's why it's taking a while to get all of them.

The Start button isn't in the Profit UI on the Experiment Tab. The buttons are there for the variants but that's no good if you can't start the experiment.

tknarr 12-22-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hghdnsty (Post 102256)
The Start button isn't in the Profit UI on the Experiment Tab. The buttons are there for the variants but that's no good if you can't start the experiment.

I'll check again, but I know it's working on the larger variant and it was there and working last night on the default window.

Papabard 12-22-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hghdnsty (Post 102256)

Do you have experimentation trained in your tradeskill prestige? I ask because I was helping a guy the other night with this and he hadn't even trained it yet.

tknarr 12-22-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papabard (Post 102260)
Do you have experimentation trained in your tradeskill prestige? I ask because I was helping a guy the other night with this and he hadn't even trained it yet.

I'd hope that if he didn't have Experimentation he wouldn't even have an Experiment tab and wouldn't be able to get to where the start button for it would be displayed.

hghdnsty 12-23-2012 10:49 AM

Yes, I have the Experiment Line nailed down in the prestige tree and the Experiment tab in the crafting window. That said, the only buttons that are in that window (at the bottom right) are the receipe book and the major varients. There is no start button that allows me to start the Experimentation.

hghdnsty 12-23-2012 11:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of the tab...

tknarr 12-23-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hghdnsty (Post 102269)
Here is a picture of the tab...

Ah. And have you selected an effect to put on the item? The screenshot indicates you haven't yet. The game won't trigger the start button to appear until you can actually start experimenting. With no effect selected you can't start experimenting, only go back to the recipes page.

hghdnsty 12-23-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tknarr (Post 102272)
Ah. And have you selected an effect to put on the item? The screenshot indicates you haven't yet. The game won't trigger the start button to appear until you can actually start experimenting. With no effect selected you can't start experimenting, only go back to the recipes page.

Wow...I feel like such a noob!!!! That was it! Thanks for clarifying and being patient with me. :)