EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dev Shack (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Inventory Window Changes (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8922)

SOE-Rothgar 08-17-2007 03:01 AM

Inventory Window Changes

This is just a heads up that the inventory window will be changing in GU38 in order to support the new appearance items. A tab pane has been added to the top that will toggle between your inventory and appearance items. These changes should be on test shortly.

Othesus 08-17-2007 03:12 AM

Wow! sounds cool! I think everyone was assuming that the secondary appearance slots wouldn't be coming until after Rise of Kunark.

And, don't be a stranger Rothgar!

gm9 08-17-2007 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Othesus (Post 61522)
And, don't be a stranger Rothgar!

Aye, a little advance warning like this one here is much appreciated, thanks, we're still recovering from the mail window ninja change yesterday. :)

DamnLag 08-17-2007 02:21 PM

Sorry for the newb question.. but what is this? :)

Eriol 08-18-2007 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamnLag (Post 61554)
Sorry for the newb question.. but what is this? :)

At Fan Faire they announced that you will be able to use items for a specific look without affecting your stats. From this post it looks like they will be dedicated "look" items and not tied to selecting regular pieces of armour... but I really don't know. You could be putting regular armour in the "look" section to get the look you want. Or something else entirely.

Either way, (at your option) your look doesn't need to be closely tied to the look of your gear, which is cool, since I prefer my armour to match when possible.

Othesus 08-28-2007 07:44 PM

Looks like Test Update 38 came today with the new Appearance tab in the inventory window! There are a few other xml files changed and some new dds files too.

I'll go check it out now.

Othesus 08-28-2007 09:24 PM

Here's a picture of the new inventory window:

As you can see you can put anything you could normally wear into the appearance slots.

Here are some other requirements:
1. You must be at least level 20 to use the appearance tab.
2. Hotkeys and macros will put gear in either your equipment or appearance slot, which ever tab you looked at last.
3. All gear must be attuned before you wear it now. You can no longer wear unattuned gear.

Dolby 08-28-2007 10:15 PM

thanks for the picture and info. I'll have a compare posted tonight.

Zoltaroth-SOE 08-30-2007 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm9 (Post 61523)
Aye, a little advance warning like this one here is much appreciated, thanks, we're still recovering from the mail window ninja change yesterday. :)

I totally forgot to post about that :( I'm a nub.

Talyns 08-30-2007 09:51 PM

I'm bored, I think I shall pick on spelling.

nub - n. a knob or protuberance.
nubby - having nubs; knobby or lumpy. :p

I couldn't find Newb in the dictionary but

Newbie - n. Slang
One that is new to something, especially a novice at using computer technology or the Internet.

However, I do think all developers get nubby at times from hitting there heads on desks when trying to figure things out.. Maybe that's why you forgot... Nubby :D

SOE-Rothgar 09-02-2007 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoltaroth-SOE (Post 61968)
I totally forgot to post about that :( I'm a nub.

/agree

And I will remind you on Tuesday as I walk by your office! :)

Seagoat 09-02-2007 09:52 AM

I /feedbacked an "exploit" in the new Inventory window last night on Test:

Using UIBuilder, I was able to rearrange the two "tabpages" (Equipment and Appearance), placing them side-by-side in a single frame, which I thought would be a cool mod. :)

Unfortunately, this means that characters below level 20 would have access to the Appearance slots, since only the Appearance tab is hidden until 20, and the Appearance icons are only invisible because they're covered by the Equipment icons.

I had removed the tabs altogether and rearranged the icons thusly:

...Which gave my level 19 Brigand / 2 Artisan full access to the Appearance slots (I was able to equip a dress over my chain):

In my /feedback, I recommended hiding or disabling the Appearance slots as well as the Appearance tab for characters below 20...it was way too easy to bypass the level requirement (even though that wasn't my aim, just a side effect).

SOE-Rothgar 09-02-2007 03:25 PM

Thanks for posting this info! I'll have a fix checked in for this on Tuesday.

Seagoat 09-02-2007 05:37 PM

No problem! I figured this was something you guys might want addressed sooner rather than later, since otherwise you'd have a mob of suspiciously well-dressed lowbies running around everywhere. ;)

uberfuzzy 09-04-2007 02:52 PM

hey seagoat, is that inventory mod available yet? just wondering cuz it looks strangely familiar :)

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...inventory.html
right down to the placement of the hp/mp regen overlays over the food

Seagoat 09-04-2007 03:49 PM

LOL It's ready, I just haven't uploaded it. :) I wanted to wait to make sure the level bypass was fixed on Test first for the all-in-one mod, but I also have a tabbed version that I was planning on releasing as well.

Yes indeed, I based the icon arrangement on your mod, which I've been using for a while and really love! I figured that putting the appearance slots beside the equipment slots -- like you did for the left/right icons -- made a lot more sense than having 7 lonely slots in a mostly empty tab by themselves, and I ran with it. ;)

uberfuzzy 09-04-2007 04:20 PM

lol, woo! a fan.

i'm trying to get mine ready for tomorrow too. i've never had to use tabs before, so its learn as i go

uberfuzzy 09-04-2007 07:21 PM

just incase the soe people are still around,

what is this gonna do to the inspect window? which set of icons/items will it show?

gjsi 09-05-2007 09:32 AM

Thought I read there was going to be a cloak appearence slot also, if so you might want to swith the belt and the cloak, so you can also have the cloak appearence slot on the left.

Seagoat 09-05-2007 09:58 AM

There wasn't a cloak appearance slot when I started modding the default Inventory window on Test a couple days ago...if you can point me in the direction of an official announcement along those lines, that would be great. :)

I'll check Test later anyway with my mod turned off to see if they changed anything in the last day or two.

Othesus 09-05-2007 11:21 AM

Are you sure? There was one when I took that screenshot on the 28th.

Seagoat 09-05-2007 11:45 AM

Maybe I missed it...it wouldn't surprise me, LOL. I'm double checking now. :)

Seagoat 09-05-2007 12:10 PM

You're right! I did miss it...glad I decided to wait to release my mod, hehe. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

Bekkr 09-05-2007 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talyns (Post 61970)
I'm bored, I think I shall pick on spelling.

However, I do think all developers get nubby at times from hitting there heads on desks when trying to figure things out.. Maybe that's why you forgot... Nubby :D

...from hitting "their" heads on...

Gotta love that irony, hey? :)

Talyns 09-05-2007 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bekkr (Post 62196)
...from hitting "their" heads on...

Gotta love that irony, hey? :)

Damn spell check :p

You must of been bored also :D