EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Released (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Mook Login w/ Saved Password & Autoplay (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1314)

Deathbane27 02-03-2005 10:11 PM

Mook Login w/ Saved Password & Autoplay

This file is available for download here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3421

After some initial setup, this mod allows you to save your password and use Autoplay when using EverQuest2.exe to launch the game directly between patches.

After following the normal installation procedure, take the following steps:

1- Open the new eq2ui_loginscene.xml file with Notepad or your favorite text editor
2- Search for YOURPASSWORDHERE and replace with your password (case-sensitive, of course)
3- A few lines below this are a series of buttons. (<Button LocalText="CharacterX" LocalTooltip="ServerX" ...) Replace Character1 with the name of one of your characters, and replace Server1 with the name of the server that character is on.
4- Repeat step 3 for all your other characters on the other buttons. (Character2 and Server2, Character3 and Server3, etc.) If you don't have 8 characters, just leave an extras alone.
5- Save the file. ;)

Once you're done with the setup, just run EverQuest2.exe, click through the "advertisements" *snicker* ;) , click the name of the character you want to play (or click the Clear button to go to the character selection screen), then click Connect or press Enter to play. :)

*Update: Added Clear button for switching to character selection screen

Disclaimer: The use of this mod will, naturally, leave your password sitting in an unencrypted plain text file on your computer. Do so at your own risk. There's a reason SOE doesn't let you save your password by default, and that reason is security. You and only you are responsible for the protection of your password. Always exercise appropriate security measures.

Itanius 02-03-2005 11:19 PM

Sweet! :nana:

Quick question, should we undo any changes to the eq2.ini file for auto-login as explained in this thread?

I removed those lines from my ini to avoid any conflicts, but I wasn't sure if you wanted to include information about that alternate method in your instructions. ;)

Edit: ROFL@advertisements!! :cool:

Deathbane27 02-03-2005 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itanius
Quick question, should we undo any changes to the eq2.ini file for auto-login as explained in this thread?

Checking...

Whatever you set in eq2.ini is what will load up in the Character and World fields when it first loads up.

So leaving them in won't cause a problem, just an extra click if you're going to the Character Select screen. But it saves a click if you're going to use that character.

Sixes 02-08-2005 08:03 PM

Nice mod. Posted in beta forum and then realised it was release quality. :)

My characters are on multiple accounts. Any way it can be modified to change the username and password dependent on which character I select?

Deathbane27 02-09-2005 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixes
Nice mod. Posted in beta forum and then realised it was release quality. :)

My characters are on multiple accounts. Any way it can be modified to change the username and password dependent on which character I select?

Yes, it can. I'll make the necessary changes and attach it here when it's complete.

Deathbane27 02-09-2005 03:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Modification complete.

Extra Instructions:

Each button now begins with: <Button Username="AccountX" Password="PassX" LocalText="CharacterX" LocalTooltip="ServerX"

Change the Username and Password values on each button to match the account that the character (LocalText field) is on. For your search-and-replace convenience, the first 4 buttons are "Account1" and "Pass1", and the buttons 5-8 are "Account2" and "Pass2".

The window will still initially load with YOURPASSWORDHERE (or whatever you replaced it with) in the password field and the last account used in the Username field.

Enjoy. :)

Sixes 02-09-2005 07:14 AM

That's wonderful. Thank you very much. But what took you so long? :)

Only problem I can see now is that eight buttons will not be enough. And is there really no way of getting rid of the countdown?

Drumstix42 02-09-2005 12:26 PM

How's 8 buttons not enough?

Quib 02-09-2005 01:12 PM

They said they have multiple accounts, so they might have 10 all access accounts which would be 80 characters possible. Personally, I don't play more than 1 character nor would I want to; be happy I don't make decisions for SOE or we'd all have 1 character per account. ^_^

Quib

Deathbane27 02-09-2005 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixes
That's wonderful. Thank you very much. But what took you so long? :)

:confused:

Oh, right... joke.
I was... at your mom's house? :D

*Deathbane27 has LOST 30 funny points*

:(

Quote:

Only problem I can see now is that eight buttons will not be enough. And is there really no way of getting rid of the countdown?
Nope. The buttons won't respond until the countdown is complete regardless of what I do it seems.

I'll whip up a version with 24 character buttons. If you want more (or less) then you get to learn to do it yourself. ;)

Deathbane27 02-09-2005 10:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here. 24 character slots. If you want any more changes, learn to mod and make them yourself. My favor limit is two per person per file. :p

P.S. I had to change the "Username" and "Password" property names on the buttons to "LocalAccount" and "LocalPassword" so they'd stay at the beginning of each button.

Skylah 02-10-2005 05:48 PM

This is a great mod !

Many thanks for giving it to us :)

Deathbane27 03-22-2005 12:17 AM

I've uploaded a new version (pending approval atm) to accomodate the additional character slots. The download now includes extra file versions with a 6-button-per-row layout. Versions 18 and 30 are setup for multiple accounts.

Itanius 03-22-2005 12:33 AM

Why no 10-slot version, but there's a 12 slot version?

8 Standard + 2 All Access = 10 slots. :p

Regardless, thanks for the update!

Deathbane27 03-22-2005 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itanius
Why no 10-slot version, but there's a 12 slot version?

8 Standard + 2 All Access = 10 slots. :p

Regardless, thanks for the update!

Actually that's 6 standard + 4 All Access. :p

I figure People with All Access and only 1 account should play on Test a bit. :D

taco-man 04-13-2005 06:08 PM

xoonissa: "Run everquest2.exe, click to the screen where it asks for your username and password, take a screenshot, and upload it here."

you ran eq2.exe

xoonissa 04-14-2005 01:37 AM

Sorry....

Sorry I was running EQ2.EXE

I didnt know there was a EVERQUEST2.EXE

My appologies.. It works fine now..

xoon

Aeeolag 04-18-2005 11:02 AM

how does the patching work with this mod btw?

ger 04-18-2005 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aeeolag
how does the patching work with this mod btw?

It doesn't. Using this mod to run directly to the character select screen bypasses the patcher. Personally, I run the patcher about once a week and whenever I get a version mismatch error.