EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Released (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   SORi - Comments/Feedback (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8763)

kindred 07-22-2007 08:21 PM

SORi - Comments/Feedback

Seekers of Redemption Interfaces
This is the thread for feedback, comments and all that kind of stuff.

Releases [List]

kindred 08-12-2007 10:16 PM

Status Update
Have been working on the target/implied windows and finaly did something i like (after several, versions).

The only problem is:
It seem to break itself after switching toons a couple of times. Color on health/power changes, and even dissapear!.
Im not an expert in this matter so i cant really know what is happening... if you guys want i can upload what i did, but you should know im not goin to be able to fix what is broken.

Neway, thanks for reading.

Sample image:

Othesus 08-12-2007 11:18 PM

I don't see anything broken in your screenshots. In the default UI NPCs always have a full green health bar.

The one bug that can affect the player window that I know of is that when you camp from one character to another the power number (like xxxx/xxxx) will always change to a purple color.

kindred 08-14-2007 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Othesus (Post 61318)
I don't see anything broken in your screenshots. In the default UI NPCs always have a full green health bar.

The one bug that can affect the player window that I know of is that when you camp from one character to another the power number (like xxxx/xxxx) will always change to a purple color.

Maybe i didnt explain myself well. What i was trying to show is the bar not showing the health numbers. Thats the main bug of my implied/target window.

About the bug in the player window, havent saw that one since i started using my player window.

Othesus 08-14-2007 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kindred (Post 61373)
Maybe i didnt explain myself well. What i was trying to show is the bar not showing the health numbers. Thats the main bug of my implied/target window.

Exactly when does it not show health numbers? When should it show health numbers?

kindred 08-14-2007 11:48 PM

It seams to be random. Sometimes i switch toons and everything goes fine (colors are fine or numbers are shown) and sometimes its just fails (Colors freak out or numbers are gone).

As soon i can get some free hours think im goin to start doing it again from the scratch and test each add to find the problem, or at least to know wich part of it is the conflict.

Othesus 08-15-2007 02:08 AM

When you run into strange problems making UI mods it's good to look at what other people have done in the past. If you haven't already you may want to look at some other mods that are similar to what you're making.

cybersmurf 08-27-2007 11:45 AM

Hi, thanks a lot for this mod.

I tried modifying it to add Animist's Transference (small conj. healing spell) but gave up :)

Could you perhaps make a version where that is added? You would make me and especially my group very happy :D

Thanks
Flaxer
Befallen-server

FreakKitchen 08-27-2007 12:54 PM

I use both your player and group windows, they are just the best i've seen so far.

I would really love to be able to download your version for implied and target, we'll see if it mess up with us :)

Btw I have a request / question :

I play a necro, so i have only one cure (Arcane) but Hearts and Rez.
Is it possible/too hard/too long to modify the group window with a version for necros : like replacing two of the cure we can't use by heart and rez? (with icons that goes with them :p)
I would have done it by myself but i never really "played" with xml...

EDIT :

I just downloaded the UI maker program...and started to modify a bit the click to cure a bit to fit necromancer needs : rez/cure arcane/heart/transfer life
I'm gonna test it asap , hope it will work :)

kindred 08-29-2007 12:18 AM

Thank your for your comments guys. :)

About the target window:
Will upload my last version soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreakKitchen (Post 61841)
I just downloaded the UI maker program...and started to modify a bit the click to cure a bit to fit necromancer needs : rez/cure arcane/heart/transfer life
I'm gonna test it asap , hope it will work :)

Feel free to edit it as you like. Please post screens if you get it done :)

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreakKitchen (Post 61841)
Btw I have a request / question :

I play a necro, so i have only one cure (Arcane) but Hearts and Rez.
Is it possible/too hard/too long to modify the group window with a version for necros : like replacing two of the cure we can't use by heart and rez? (with icons that goes with them :p)
I would have done it by myself but i never really "played" with xml...

Quote:

Originally Posted by cybersmurf (Post 61838)
Could you perhaps make a version where that is added? You would make me and especially my group very happy :D

I want to keep the window as a standard thats the only reason ive not added anything crazy (so far). It need to be "virgin" so all classes can use it without troubles. Well at least that was my plan :P

Neway im planing to add a new button to the group window to be configured by each player to bind the usability you want in there.
Ill upload 4 versions of the window:
- vertical plain
- vertical w/ button
- horizontal plain
- horizontal w/ button

This is how the vertical window will look:

Now all i need is time :)
Soon or later ill try to finish up all this, check this thread for more updates. And thank you for using my stuff ;)

FreakKitchen 08-30-2007 11:23 PM

Great i'm impatient to have the implied/target stuff in my hands soon.

Btw can you make the same kind for "pet"? All pet stuff i found is just horrible or not working. I just love the visibility of your add ons, big bars to see life and mana in just one sec.

For the "Necro version" of your stuff...i've done a screenshot...but i have to remake it all from zero. I don't know why when I tried to edit the xml today it just messed up all my interface and I had to erase the xml and reuse the basic one. I finished with something really cool, using Transfer Life / Rez / Heart and i'll try to add the Animist heal too.

cybersmurf 08-31-2007 05:08 AM

Hi

I actually got around to it myself and I have created a Player-window designed for conjuror (4xpotion cures, heal, invis, aqueous stone and shard) and now I'm working on a conj. group window(cure arcane, cure elemental, heal, CotH, shard, invis, aqueous stone and follow :) )

As my wife plays a warlock I will also be modding her windows.

I'll upload it all in a couple of days, when I'm done. They wont be pretty and fancy but they will work :D

kindred 09-04-2007 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreakKitchen (Post 61971)
Btw can you make the same kind for "pet"? All pet stuff i found is just horrible or not working. I just love the visibility of your add ons, big bars to see life and mana in just one sec.

Of course. Never been happy with the existing pet windows either.
Added to my tasklist :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreakKitchen (Post 61971)
For the "Necro version" of your stuff...i've done a screenshot...but i have to remake it all from zero. I don't know why when I tried to edit the xml today it just messed up all my interface and I had to erase the xml and reuse the basic one. I finished with something really cool, using Transfer Life / Rez / Heart and i'll try to add the Animist heal too.

Great job, it looks cool :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cybersmurf (Post 61978)
I actually got around to it myself and I have created a Player-window designed for conjuror (4xpotion cures, heal, invis, aqueous stone and shard) and now I'm working on a conj. group window(cure arcane, cure elemental, heal, CotH, shard, invis, aqueous stone and follow :) )

As my wife plays a warlock I will also be modding her windows.

I'll upload it all in a couple of days, when I'm done. They wont be pretty and fancy but they will work :D

Great, post some screens as soon you have it done :)

Thanks guys for posting and for using my interfaces as a base.

FreakKitchen 09-05-2007 06:57 AM

Hi Kindred !!

No Prob for using your stuff, it looks great.

But maybe you can help me some, cause I'm just a newb in UI modification and I'm asking question to myself :

- Is there a way to change the opacity of the icons regarding the cooldown of the spell? 80% when up and like 20% when in CD
Your original version does change the opacity buf when the target got debuffs to be cure, so I hope there's something like a "spell_reuse_timer" function.

kindred 09-05-2007 11:53 PM

Wish i could give you a hand but think there is not such thing, at least not available for us. Most of the intresting components of the EQ2 interface are hardcoded and we cant do anything about that.
In case you think it: Yes, it sucks.

My windows doesnt change the opacity on the "buff icons", is just a visual effect :)
The fake effects are just images with an alpha lower than 60%, once a debuff is applied the standard debuff icon shows up and cover it all. In other words is a trick i just done a precise ajustment to fool the eye ;)

About new interface pieces:
  • Target / Implied Target
    Done some final edit on my target/implied windows. Im doing the last test b4 uploading :)
    Seem to be working much better than i expected, havent broke since last monday wich is really good.

• Active Quest Window
    Will upload my active quest window (done it like months ago), is like the standard one but it have 2 little buttons to search your current quest in EQ2i and Allakhazam :)

• Pet Window
    Started it last night! :) Im trying to make it compact (much more) and clean atm, will post screens soon.

cybersmurf 09-06-2007 04:23 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Hola... finally got around to taking pics of my mods...

All windows are based on standard EQ2 windows and lvl 70 characters.

cbp = cure by potion
cbs = cure by spell

Conjuror_Player-window also have:
Top left and across: trauma cbp, arcane cbs, noxious cbp, elemental cbs.
Bottom left and across: aquaous bottle (waterbreath), shard, invis, Animist's Transference (heal).

Conjuror_Group-window also have:
Top left and across: trauma, arcane cbs, noxious, elemental cbs, Animist's Transference (heal).
Bottom left and across: Summon Hero, aquaous bottle (waterbreath), shard, follow, invis.

Warlock_Player-window also have:
Top left and across: trauma cbp, arcane cbs, noxious cbp, elemental cbp, invis.

Warlock_Group-window also have:
Top left and across: trauma, arcane cbs, noxious, elemental.
Bottom left and across: Bestow Energy(mana-battery), Invis, Follow.

I will upload them as releases later today describing what to replace to downscale them to lower levels.

Hope somebody can use them besides me and my wife :p

Be safe on your travels
Flaxer

halldor 09-07-2007 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kindred (Post 62212)
[*] Target / Implied Target
Done some final edit on my target/implied windows. Im doing the last test b4 uploading :)

hurray :nana:

cybermousey 09-10-2007 04:04 PM

ACtive Quest Mod

Regaurding this little app it's wonderful. I'm personally trying to learn how to create and mod some exsisting ones myself, but I'm having a really hard time despite how easy i looks. Anyway to my main point. I hate making request but I ask, is there a way to remove the scroll bar on the right? I saw an older mod that did this, and well when I changed over to your featured enhanced one. I love it, except for the scroll bars... who needs that anyway... who doesn't have a mouse wheel by now? ^_^

FreakKitchen 09-11-2007 10:15 AM

Hey Cybersmurf,

I'm curious on how you added the Animist transference.

I've tried to add it for my necro but it seems not to work, surely because i don't have the right spell name.

I tried : "Animist's Transference" and without the '

cybersmurf 09-11-2007 11:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi

That took me quite some time to figure out. It was the first button I tried to create and nearly drove me insane.

What I finally got working is:

OnPress="useability 2607333177 target_previous"

I think I found the number via the inspecting the spell and then looking in the log file.

Anyhoo, now it works. I have attached my conj. player window and group window (never got around to make a real release yet, probably next week, when I'm off work).

Hope it works for you FK

Kind regards
Flaxer

FreakKitchen 09-11-2007 01:13 PM

Yay you rock !!!

I just tried it fast in my chat window and it works great, by chance animist for necro is the same number :)

You made my day :p

PS : So i'll be able to post the necro version soon :)

kindred 09-12-2007 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cybersmurf (Post 62226)
Hola... finally got around to taking pics of my mods...

All windows are based on standard EQ2 windows and lvl 70 characters.

cbp = cure by potion
cbs = cure by spell

Conjuror_Player-window also have:
Top left and across: trauma cbp, arcane cbs, noxious cbp, elemental cbs.
Bottom left and across: aquaous bottle (waterbreath), shard, invis, Animist's Transference (heal).

Conjuror_Group-window also have:
Top left and across: trauma, arcane cbs, noxious, elemental cbs, Animist's Transference (heal).
Bottom left and across: Summon Hero, aquaous bottle (waterbreath), shard, follow, invis.

Warlock_Player-window also have:
Top left and across: trauma cbp, arcane cbs, noxious cbp, elemental cbp, invis.

Warlock_Group-window also have:
Top left and across: trauma, arcane cbs, noxious, elemental.
Bottom left and across: Bestow Energy(mana-battery), Invis, Follow.

I will upload them as releases later today describing what to replace to downscale them to lower levels.

Hope somebody can use them besides me and my wife :p

Be safe on your travels
Flaxer

Looks great, Good job mate :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cybermousey (Post 62358)
Regaurding this little app it's wonderful. I'm personally trying to learn how to create and mod some exsisting ones myself, but I'm having a really hard time despite how easy i looks. Anyway to my main point. I hate making request but I ask, is there a way to remove the scroll bar on the right? I saw an older mod that did this, and well when I changed over to your featured enhanced one. I love it, except for the scroll bars... who needs that anyway... who doesn't have a mouse wheel by now? ^_^

Thanks for your comments.
I've no plans to make that version but if i have some minutes will try to make it for you (no promess).

Just wanted to say thanks for the raiting on my uploads ;)

and of course i want to announce...

Active quest window and Target/Implied window have been realeased :D

FreakKitchen 09-12-2007 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kindred (Post 62484)
Active quest window and Target/Implied window have been realeased :D

OMFG Thanks !!!

Now my UI is just great...maybe some XP bars in the Sori's style and i'll be set =D

telal 09-17-2007 08:58 AM

Great look!

These look amazing, I'll probably be downloading the group/player/target addons tonight when I get home.

I just have one question about the group windows.
I understand that they can't be resized, but can they be manipulated to be horizontal?

kindred 09-25-2007 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telal (Post 62686)
These look amazing, I'll probably be downloading the group/player/target addons tonight when I get home.

I just have one question about the group windows.
I understand that they can't be resized, but can they be manipulated to be horizontal?

About the group window the answer is no, but i have in mind to make an horizontal version of that window in a near future.

Thanks for the comments.