EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fetish (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Threat Meter Issue (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12653)

wintermute218 04-02-2009 07:35 PM

Threat Meter Issue

First, thanks for the awesome interface and the speedy update release.

I'm having an issue with the threat meter... on one of my toons, a paladin, the threat meter seems to be working correctly. On another one of my toons, my Swashy, the threat meter is blank.

Is there some class distinction between them or is somehow the meter broken for one toon and not the other?

lordebon 04-02-2009 08:27 PM

On your swash, are you directly targeting the mob?

It doesn't seem to work when you're assisting -- it won't give you your threat to the implied target.

karlheinz 04-03-2009 03:36 AM

... which is the bug within fetishs threat-meter.

the threat-meter in this package http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/a...0&d=1238612394 works fine tho (thats the darkroyale package linked earlier in this forum as a quick patch for the gu51-stuff)

also: any chance to move the disband button? currently its right on top of the cure_curse button for the 6th groupmember so you have to really carefully click the cure-curse to not accidently disband

samejima 04-03-2009 04:14 AM

Not that you should avoid fixing it, but you can not disband in combat so. :D

keezyrick 04-03-2009 08:05 AM

[quote=karlheinz;82077also: any chance to move the disband button? currently its right on top of the cure_curse button for the 6th groupmember so you have to really carefully click the cure-curse to not accidently disband[/QUOTE]

This is not a function Zonx put in the group window, so he is not likely to fix it for you.

I was annoyed that SOE removed the disband function once the group window was full so I added it. As far out of the way as I could put it, is why it ended up near cure curse. It doesn't seem like that it used much anyway, but I could be wrong.

I will look at an alternative placement.

karlheinz 04-03-2009 09:36 AM

previously those 3 buttons (the key, the I and D) were to the right of the last group member, is that not possibly nymore?

keezyrick 04-03-2009 09:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have never seen the last group member with any of those icons.

If the group is full there would not be a need for Find or Invite, so the developers push a command to remove the page that holds those icons.

That also removes the icon for Disband which is part of the same page. My patch puts the disband button in the custom clickcure page that overlays the GroupMember5 (6th member) window.

Try the attached file and see if that does the trick, I don't have a full group to test in game right now, but if you let me know what to tweak, I will try to get it right for you.

Zonx 04-03-2009 09:51 AM

Apparently I included an older threat meter from Test that was missing elements to support the more recently separated Implied target DynamicData.

Simply delete the eq2ui_mainhud_threat.xml file from your FetishNightfall directory and the default should load.

I expect to have a patch or new release out in a day or two. It will include a skinned version of the threat meter with AutoAttack timers incorporated ;)

Should also resolve a bug with the Inventory "Head" button and update the Hotbar Options window. Hopefully I'll have time to finish the ClickRecast feature.

Rulfid 04-04-2009 03:24 AM

Thanks

Just wanted to thank you for all the work you've put into fetish!

Elrohan 04-10-2009 08:17 AM

Has it been released yet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zonx (Post 82100)
Apparently I included an older threat meter from Test that was missing elements to support the more recently separated Implied target DynamicData.

Simply delete the eq2ui_mainhud_threat.xml file from your FetishNightfall directory and the default should load.

I expect to have a patch or new release out in a day or two. It will include a skinned version of the threat meter with AutoAttack timers incorporated ;)

Should also resolve a bug with the Inventory "Head" button and update the Hotbar Options window. Hopefully I'll have time to finish the ClickRecast feature.

I've looked all over and can't seem to find any patch for the threat meter unless it hasn't been released yet. But even after deleting the file that you instructed people to, my meter still doesn't work at all, not on the implied target and not with direct targeting. No matter what though, Fetish is STILL the best UI out there by far!!! Thanks Zonx!!!

zaathaan 04-10-2009 11:11 AM

Never posted too, but wanted to say THANKS for that great UI ! I just cannot play without it ( & my parser :D )

Thanks Zonk ! :rolleyes:

lordebon 04-10-2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elrohan (Post 82414)
I've looked all over and can't seem to find any patch for the threat meter unless it hasn't been released yet. But even after deleting the file that you instructed people to, my meter still doesn't work at all, not on the implied target and not with direct targeting. No matter what though, Fetish is STILL the best UI out there by far!!! Thanks Zonx!!!

Make sure you deleted the right file -- I've deleted it and it's using the default one for me fine. Also perhaps try a fresh install... if you're not seeing the window at all (or if it's black / no images) you might have some old files in there without the proper includes.

Elrohan 04-13-2009 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordebon (Post 82439)
Make sure you deleted the right file -- I've deleted it and it's using the default one for me fine. Also perhaps try a fresh install... if you're not seeing the window at all (or if it's black / no images) you might have some old files in there without the proper includes.

The file I deleted was eq2ui_mainhud_threat.xml in the Fetishnightfall folder. Since nothing else seemed to work I went ahead and did a fresh install once again and deleteing that file again. Still no luck. The threat window is there but it is blank and remains blank regardless of who I have targeted. I'm completely out of ideas on what else I could possibly do.

Zonx 04-13-2009 10:32 AM

This may seam like a silly comment but...

You do realize you have to actually have some agro on a mob you are targeting or that someone in your group/raid is targeting?

Targeting someone out of group/raid will leave the meter blank regardless of agro.

Targeting a mob that isn't agro to you will likewise leave the meter blank.

Elrohan 04-13-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zonx (Post 82493)
This may seam like a silly comment but...

You do realize you have to actually have some agro on a mob you are targeting or that someone in your group/raid is targeting?

Targeting someone out of group/raid will leave the meter blank regardless of agro.

Targeting a mob that isn't agro to you will likewise leave the meter blank.

Yes, I realize that. Thank you very much anyway for all your help.

lordebon 04-13-2009 06:50 PM

Open eq2ui_mainhud.xml and make sure that this line is in there:
<include>eq2ui_mainhud_threat.xml</include>

Elrohan 04-15-2009 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordebon (Post 82500)
Open eq2ui_mainhud.xml and make sure that this line is in there:
<include>eq2ui_mainhud_threat.xml</include>

Yes it is. :(

Zonx 04-15-2009 09:53 AM

Only other thing I can think of is...
if you have a copy of eq2ui_gamedata.xml in your FetishNightfall directory, trash it.

sorinth 04-15-2009 10:55 AM

not to chime in on some else support thread, but just out of curiosity, have you tried the default UI to see if the threat meter works at all for you? It might be possible that the problem is not with the UI, but a corrupt game file. If you already tried that, then I apologize for the intrusion.

Darklord8969 04-16-2009 05:53 AM

Threat meter

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorinth (Post 82556)
not to chime in on some else support thread, but just out of curiosity, have you tried the default UI to see if the threat meter works at all for you? It might be possible that the problem is not with the UI, but a corrupt game file. If you already tried that, then I apologize for the intrusion.

If this is the case up may need run run a full file scan from the preference tab on the pre lauch splash screen, I thought mine was broke did this then deleted the string that Zonk said too and presto works great now ;)

Conor 04-16-2009 07:39 AM

I had the same problem, until I did a clean install of Fetish (i.e. deleted the Fetish folder and restored it from the ZIP file) and renamed the eq2ui_mainhud_threat.xml file to eq2ui_mainhud_threat.xml.old. Now it works fine, but as was pointed out nothing appears in the meter until I actually have non-zero threat.

Elrohan 04-16-2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zonx (Post 82555)
Only other thing I can think of is...
if you have a copy of eq2ui_gamedata.xml in your FetishNightfall directory, trash it.

That did it!! I deleted that file and it works fine now! Thank you VERY much!!:nana: