EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   ProfitUI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Updater bugged (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17486)

JTEclipse 04-20-2013 09:46 PM

Updater bugged

I fired up the computer, and like usual, went to start up the updater to see if anything had changed. Well.... first, my shortcuts on my desktop and taskbar were bugged. And after trying to reinstall the updater, according to the page, it's supposed to create shortcuts when you click the launch button. No go. I have to go to the updater page every time and click launch from there. Any ideas?

tknarr 04-20-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTEclipse (Post 103576)
I fired up the computer, and like usual, went to start up the updater to see if anything had changed. Well.... first, my shortcuts on my desktop and taskbar were bugged. And after trying to reinstall the updater, according to the page, it's supposed to create shortcuts when you click the launch button. No go. I have to go to the updater page every time and click launch from there. Any ideas?

If you got the automatic update to Java, it can mess the internal cache up. Go to updater.pala.de and start it from there, then reset the shortcuts. That should fix things.

JTEclipse 04-20-2013 10:08 PM

Fixed it. After browsing, I used the suggestion of going through javaws -viewer to ensure the old shortcut had been removed, which it had not. Deleted it, re-ran the launcher and it created a new shortcut for me.

ogdinmarr 04-24-2013 03:12 PM

that has worked before for me, but now i cant get it to make new shortcuts. i open the updater and select reset shortcuts and its not working. any suggestions?

Swelter 04-24-2013 07:09 PM

Can you please explain "reset your shortcuts from there" because I have no idea what you mean.

ogdinmarr 04-24-2013 09:40 PM

I used the recommended from earlyer in the thread. I went in from the updater and selected reset shortcuts and its not working for me. though a month ago it did when i had the shortcut problem.

tknarr 04-24-2013 09:50 PM

I found something while installing the updater on a brand-new machine: Internet Explorer (along with Chrome) doesn't work right to install the updater. I kept getting exceptions no matter what I did, until I fired up Firefox and used it. As soon as I did, the updater installed and worked perfectly on the first try and hasn't thrown an exception since. I knew Chrome didn't work right, I guess Internet Explorer has to be added to the list.

Maelya 04-25-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTEclipse (Post 103578)
Fixed it. After browsing, I used the suggestion of going through javaws -viewer to ensure the old shortcut had been removed, which it had not. Deleted it, re-ran the launcher and it created a new shortcut for me.

This worked for me, and allowed me to use Chrome to reinstall. Just go to your start menu and type in "javaws -viewer" in the search window then hit enter (for Win 7).

What its not doing, though, is starting EQ2 Map after closing like I have it set to do. I tried other applications as well, but it doesn't seem to be respecting the "Start Application after Updating" line in the options.

Sigrdrifa 05-01-2013 11:30 AM

You may have an old version of Java. I had to update Java on my Windows Vista machine before the ProfitUI Updater would work. See: http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

offkilterkitty 05-02-2013 08:55 AM

Same as the others, after the last Java update the shortcut did not point to the proper place. Trying to redownload the launcher only runs it from the website, it does not actually download again to my PC.

I had uninstalled the Updater thinking it perhaps needed that to refresh the path lines. I verified I have the latest Java and uninstalled the older ones. Still no luck.

Resetting the shortcuts does nothing.

It will run from the website, but it does not install.

Maelya 05-02-2013 11:31 AM

Offkilter, did you do the viewer fix posted above? It worked like a charm for me.

Rhiana 05-02-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maelya (Post 103592)
This worked for me, and allowed me to use Chrome to reinstall. Just go to your start menu and type in "javaws -viewer" in the search window then hit enter (for Win 7).

What its not doing, though, is starting EQ2 Map after closing like I have it set to do. I tried other applications as well, but it doesn't seem to be respecting the "Start Application after Updating" line in the options.

This worked wonders for me as well.
I was having a problem with shortcuts AND with getting exceptions left right and centre in the program itself.

Just running "javaws -viewer" and launching the updater from there fixed everything. Can now run fine with normal shortcuts with no exceptions.

Thanks! :D

offkilterkitty 05-02-2013 07:37 PM

I ran javaws -viewer as suggested. When the viewer itself came up I selected the Updater, right clicked and in the menu chose install shortcuts.

This worked. I am on Win7 and I use Firefox.

Thank you

Tolewyn 05-11-2013 09:34 AM

I am about to lose my damned mind. Hard drive went out, replaced and reinstalled EQ2. Trying to get profit back and keep getting errors thrown. Seemed to work the very first time I ran the updater, but now I am getting an error.

I have done pretty much everything everyone has suggested in all of the updater threads since May 1. Newest version of Java, tried installing fro IE, Chrome, and Firefox. No love. Still getting this...

Exception thrown while opening HSQLDB connection

java.sql.SQLException: File input/output error C:\Users\Laurann\AppData\Roaming\ProfitUI Reborn Updater\updater.backup java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Lxxxx\AppData\Roaming\ProfitUI Reborn Updater\updater.data (The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at de.pala.updater.IO.HSQLDB.openConnection(HSQLDB.java:38)
at de.pala.updater.IO.HSQLDB.<init>(HSQLDB.java:29)
at de.pala.updater.Arrange.IO.<init>(IO.java:40)
at de.pala.updater.Management.<init>(Management.java:28)
at de.pala.updater.GUI.Main.<init>(Main.java:131)
at de.pala.updater.profitui.Startup$1.run(Startup.java:62)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Drumstix42 05-11-2013 09:50 AM

Try restarting your PC if you haven't already.

Tolewyn 05-11-2013 10:15 AM

Ok, so i'm a newb and the restart stopped the errror. :nana:

Now for my next newbish feat...the folder is in my UI Folder, the files are updated, but when I log in to Eq2 the UI isn't there. Still staring at the gawd awful default. :(

tknarr 05-11-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tolewyn (Post 103727)
Now for my next newbish feat...the folder is in my UI Folder, the files are updated, but when I log in to Eq2 the UI isn't there. Still staring at the gawd awful default. :(

Check that eq2.ini has a "cl_ui_skinname = ProfitUI" line in it. If it does, check for a "cl_ui_skinname = default" line in eq2_recent.ini. If you find the latter, edit eq2_recent.ini and replace "cl_ui_skinname = default" with "cl_ui_skinname = ProfitUI". Don't just delete the cl_ui_skinname line, you need to change it's value.

Both files will be in the folder you installed the game to.

Tolewyn 05-11-2013 12:13 PM

fixed the line in the recent file. Seems to have done the trick. Thanks! :D

Drumstix42 05-11-2013 12:42 PM

The reason that error ocurred, and restarting helped, is because the program was launched twice simultaneously, or launched before a previous instance closed completely. Usually there's an extra javaws.exe or whatever it's called still running in task manager. Restarting was the easier way to describe how to fix it ;)