EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   ProfitUI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Backdrop change please (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16572)

Gardee 08-01-2012 09:13 PM

Backdrop change please

can one of profit devs please get back to me in private message to give me the codes what ever to change the colour of backdrop pleasde seeign in EQ 2 its called that iwould call it back ground colour ,,,yes i am talking about the eye strain giving BLACK back drop
anyone with sight probs know thqat black back drop absorbs colours and causes severe eye strain and can cause sezures and migraine !!
so i would appreciate soem help please

tknarr 08-01-2012 09:31 PM

Run the updater. Under the Settings menu, select Variants. Click the pull-down menu at the top and scroll down until you can select Skins. There are 3 patterns, each in a variety of colors. There's a Preview button lit when one's selected, that'll let you see roughly what the color and pattern will look like. Double-click one to select it (the currently-selected one will highlight in green).

If you can view .dds files (eg. with IrfanView), you can see the actual background files. You'll need to double-click the colors you want to download the zipfile, then go to UI/ProfitUI/images/skinpacks. There'll be a folder for each pattern (default, default variant 1, classic) and the downloaded zipfiles will be in there. Go into them and look at windowelements.dds, that gives the biggest patch of pattern/color.

TalTal 08-02-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tknarr (Post 100816)
Run the updater. Under the Settings menu, select Variants. Click the pull-down menu at the top and scroll down until you can select Skins. There are 3 patterns, each in a variety of colors. There's a Preview button lit when one's selected, that'll let you see roughly what the color and pattern will look like. Double-click one to select it (the currently-selected one will highlight in green).

If you can view .dds files (eg. with IrfanView), you can see the actual background files. You'll need to double-click the colors you want to download the zipfile, then go to UI/ProfitUI/images/skinpacks. There'll be a folder for each pattern (default, default variant 1, classic) and the downloaded zipfiles will be in there. Go into them and look at windowelements.dds, that gives the biggest patch of pattern/color.

Only one set of those skin packs is up to date. I forget which one I went through and fixed. I'm sure it is in a thread on here somewhere or in the changelog.

Silat

tknarr 08-02-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalTal (Post 100818)
Only one set of those skin packs is up to date. I forget which one I went through and fixed. I'm sure it is in a thread on here somewhere or in the changelog.

Silat

Hmm. And I don't have any clue what the workflow was for retinting them (I'm assuming there's one shading layer that controls brightness/intensity and that gets laid over a background of the desired color to give the patterned final image) and I don't have any of the original files. I'm moderately good with Gimp and Photoshop, so if there's master files around with everything separated into layers I can probably regenerate/retint things. Are there any master files, or are the only ones available the ones in the download?

Oh, I found the note. February 2011, the Default skins were updated, the Classic and Variant 1 weren't.

TalTal 08-02-2012 08:52 PM

PM me your email address and I will send you the photoshop files that GM9 sent me.

Silat