EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   ProfitUI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Examie Items Broken (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16821)

Akume 12-13-2012 03:26 PM

Examie Items Broken

This morning SOE changed something again and now when you get a body drop, chest drop, or pickup a shiny we cannot examine it.

tknarr 12-13-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akume (Post 102102)
This morning SOE changed something again and now when you get a body drop, chest drop, or pickup a shiny we cannot examine it.

I know. I'm at work so I can't fix it yet, but if I get some time I'll take a look and see how much they changed.

Papabard 12-13-2012 04:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I fixed it so it doesn't give the error looks like they added PlayerStudio stuff into it.

Heres the file but this in no way takes away from the great work tknarr has been doing. It is a temporary fix while he works on posting any actual changes if he finds anything wrong with the fixed version :)

tknarr 12-13-2012 04:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, first try at a fix. It's just player studio icons as Papabard noted. I added the icons in the spots corresponding to what the default UI has. I can't test it in-game while I'm on the clock, so it'll be after 5pm Pacific before I can check it myself. If someone else can check it and confirm it works, I can put it on the updater.

Denavin 12-13-2012 05:10 PM

It Works

Confirmed and Verified fix works.

Tool Tips are back at our command once again.

dixietrixie 12-13-2012 07:13 PM

how to use the xml file?

Okay, I'm blonde and I know it, but how do I use the xml file that was attached in the thread? I have downloaded it to my computer, but dont know how to make it fix eq2. Any easy directions you can give me?
Thanks,
~kira~

Rittmeister64 12-13-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixietrixie (Post 102109)
Okay, I'm blonde and I know it, but how do I use the xml file that was attached in the thread? I have downloaded it to my computer, but dont know how to make it fix eq2. Any easy directions you can give me?
Thanks,
~kira~

just copy the file to eg.
c:\games\EQ2\UI\ProfitUI\
overwrite the file with the same name.
your game is probably in c:\Program Files\Everquest II\--- or something like that.

Cyryc 12-13-2012 08:23 PM

Downloaded file, ran game - examine items while hovering is still broken. Upon logging into game - gives UI broken message and says to update or revert back to unmodified UI.

Ran patcher to download and update the file, and same result.

joneal24 12-13-2012 08:33 PM

Just downloaded the file and copied to ProfitUI folder and the examine now works when I hover over items with the mouse.

Thanks for the quick fix.

Papabard 12-13-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyryc (Post 102114)
Downloaded file, ran game - examine items while hovering is still broken. Upon logging into game - gives UI broken message and says to update or revert back to unmodified UI.

Ran patcher to download and update the file, and same result.

You need to save the eq2_examine.xml file posted here to your ProfitUI folder on your computer. DO NOT run the the updater after doing so. Until the file is on the updater it will simply end up overwriting the fixed file we posted here.

Cyryc 12-13-2012 09:05 PM

I only ran the patcher AFTER trying it with the file I downloaded from here. I got the error message both times. I will try downloading and extracting the file again into the profit folder. Maybe second time will be the charm?

Starbreaker 12-13-2012 09:08 PM

Has this fix hot the updater yet? huh? huh?

Papabard 12-13-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starbreaker (Post 102118)
Has this fix hot the updater yet? huh? huh?

No tknarr is going to send it to the updater this evening I think

Papabard 12-13-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyryc (Post 102117)
I only ran the patcher AFTER trying it with the file I downloaded from here. I got the error message both times. I will try downloading and extracting the file again into the profit folder. Maybe second time will be the charm?

theres no file to extract save the xml file (its not zip) to your profitui folder.

Swelter 12-13-2012 09:39 PM

A quick note here, not to distract folks from the important discussion here but I want to thank Tnarr for his efforts and to remark that about half our guild's raid force uses Profit and that one poll I have yet to see SOE run is "What UI interface are you running?" It strikes me as strange that they aren't facing up to the reality that if Profit and the other UI interfaces bug out their launches will become a dismal failure whether they like it or not and that they don't forward a complete rundown of their code changes and what will need to be changed prior to putting it out live. There is more I'd like to say on this but here is not the place.

Thanks Tnarr I'll give this file a shot.