EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   ProfitUI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Odd java bug (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16731)

zaradann 11-21-2012 11:09 AM

Odd java bug

when the CoE changes were made to profitui 2 days ago a weird java bug appeared and happens every time now. It appeared when the eq2.ini was updated. There have been no java updates this week, no windoze or abode updates that I recall in the same timeframe. The odd thing is, my old secondary pc didn't have this error.

But I have updated eq2maps often, will try on the other pc also, see if error occurs. Listed is the java error:

Exception thrown while getting location

java.sql.SQLException: No data is available
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcResultSet.checkAvailable(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcResultSet.getColumnInType(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcResultSet.getString(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcResultSet.getString(Unknown Source)
at de.pala.updater.Arrange.IO.getPoint(IO.java:516)
at de.pala.updater.Arrange.GUI.getLocation(GUI.java:172)
at de.pala.updater.GUI.Main.<init>(Main.java:143)
at de.pala.updater.profitui.Startup$1.run(Startup.java:62)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Shocker74 12-03-2012 10:24 PM

Started getting this as well since yesterday. Every time i start up the updater.

Hellstorm 12-05-2012 05:32 PM

I am getting this as well does anyone have a solution for it yet?

Wykked Truth 12-05-2012 05:53 PM

I'm getting this as well. Not to mention I cant install the updater properly on the computer anymore. I can run it and it says files up to date etx and allows me in game. I tried uninstalling the UI and reinstalling and I get this bug consistently and the ui in game is being buggy now by not allowing me to hover over and item and see what it is. I have to examine everything.

Papabard 12-05-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wykked Truth (Post 101989)
I'm getting this as well. Not to mention I cant install the updater properly on the computer anymore. I can run it and it says files up to date etx and allows me in game. I tried uninstalling the UI and reinstalling and I get this bug consistently and the ui in game is being buggy now by not allowing me to hover over and item and see what it is. I have to examine everything.

Your examine window needs to be updated. If its saying the file is up to date go into the ProfitUI folder and delete eq2_examine.xml then re run the updater. Also for the Java errors all I can say is I have never had any in the years of running the updater. I simply choose to turn off the java console so I probally don't see anything. If the updater actually runs even though it throws exception errors then its working.

tknarr 12-05-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wykked Truth (Post 101989)

Also, where is your game installed? Depending on the location and Windows 7's settings, the Profit updater may not be permitted to change files. That's one reason I always recommend overriding the default location and installing to somewhere like "C:\Games\Everquest II", where the game's safely away from anything Win7 overzealously protects.