EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fetish (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Fetish Features (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7294)

Zonx 12-03-2006 10:45 AM

Fetish Features

Introduction
FetishNightfall was the first complete reskin of the EQ2 interface. My goals with the set are:
  • Performance optimization
  • Screen space optimization
  • Innovative and convenient feature enhancements
  • Stable/bug free set, resistant to breakage when SOE updates, that requires infrequent downloads.
  • Attractive but simple design that doesn't detract from or obscure the game world.
Many of the features you'll find in other sets were first introduced in FetishNightfall (View Credits & Innovations). Some sets have fancy updaters or frilly graphics, but none have the long-term record for innovation and reliable support that FetishNightfall has. If you're looking for a set that focuses on what matters, your game play, this is the set for you ;)

General Enhancements
  • Every window reskinned and condensed.
  • All window default positions have been optimized for screen resolutions of 1280x1024 or larger and to minimize overlap. Smaller resolutions may experience less than ideal positioning, but can be rearranged as desired.
  • Many window buttons now activate on ENTER and ESC, to reduce mouse clicks.
  • Several windows modified to set or drop focus of controls for movement/editing convenience.
  • Some text set to Arial for space saving reasons.
  • WindowShade: Most titlebars of commonly used windows now include a WindowShade button.
    Note: in some cases a portion of the window’s contents may appear in the titlebar area when minimized. I’ll eventually correct this, but it requires special coding for each object on each page. Also be aware, using WindowShades can result in windows being saved in their collapsed state. To avoid this, always expand windows before closing them, and try to wait 1 min before logging after expanding a window. If a window does get stuck in a collapsed state, use Window Settings to restore it to default settings.
  • Player, Group, Targets: FetishSyles.xml has been updated to allow for alternate bar styles in these windows. In the images folder you’ll find fetish_bars.dds (default metered style), _simple_fetish_bars.dds (a simple flat bar similar to the SOE default, split into 5 major segments), and _ribbed_fetish_bars.dds (flat bar with alternating dark and light bands every 2% split into 5 major segments). To install an alternate, see “Alternate Styles”.
  • Themes: Alternate themes are available that change the look of the entire set.
Custom Windows
  • BagStrip: New BagStrip window added. Displays all bag slots, ammo and overflow for convenient viewing and opening. Window scales to 75% and collapses to show just ammo. Note: This window uses MainHUD.Inventory and is likely to be incompatible with most other “Mini-inventory” and “Ammo window” mods.
    WARNING: Attempting to drop items onto any of these slots will crash EQ2! Just don’t do it.
  • ClickCures: Added Custom button bar opened by clicking any impairment icon or typing /show_window MainHUD.Cures. Each button attempts to cast several spells known to cure the associated impairment, starting from the highest level cure and working back to lowest level. If you are capable of casting any of the associated cures, the highest lvl cure will cast. The list of associated spells and the order attempted can be easily edited by opening _Fetish_mainhud_cures.xml in Notepad.
  • FetishDock: This custom window controls the snap-to location of the Inventory window when shrunk. EQ2 should save its location if you prefer a different docking area. It can be opened via the “D” button within the Inventory window.
  • Infocenter: Added and reskinned Milquetowst InfoCenter. Added “Extreme View” button to graphics options.
  • Locator: Shows the screen location of most windows. Moves windows through numerical settings (even when windows are off screen). Allows in-game window scripting.
  • MiniMap: This custom window auto-loads virtually any map without a fog layer, when opened or the mouse rolls over the center of the window. A text entry box can be used to manually load any cached map. The entire window can be made transparent. The magnification button cycles through four scales (33%, 50% default, 75% 100%). The Zoom(Z) button snaps MiniMap to the main Map at 100% scale. When combined with transparency and manual map loading, this allows virtual defogging of any zone. View Any Map (VAM) feature included. Use the dropdown menus to atuomagically display any map on disk.
  • Personabar: Now separate from the Persona window, Personabar is a 2 layout stat bar that saves position, stays open on zoning, ignores ESC.
Standard Window Enhancements
  • Game Options: Now stretches vertically. Note: cursor does not change to indicate stretch locations. 126 color add-on is now standard.
  • Bags: Streamlined, with resizable icons, padding and resizable window.
  • Bank: has been condensed.
  • HTML: A previously hidden window, can now be displayed with the Journal Search button. Added Bookmarks dropdown. Bookmarks can be manually added out of game by editing _Fetish_HTML_bookmarks.xml. Some samples provided. Note: paths to local files must point directly to the file.
  • Inventory: has been streamlined. Now shows character name. Toggle button added for showing/hiding character stats and XP bars. Help button tooltip now displays a list of rares for each tier. Title bar has been removed and window controls moved to the bottom. Added Zoom(.Z) and Collapse(V) buttons. Zoom toggles the window size between 100% and 75% scale. When shrunk, the window is moved to the FetishDock location (the screen’s lower right corner by default). Collapse hides/shows the upper portion of the window (everything above the Primary/secondary slots) and locks the window in place. The Dock(D) button opens and closes the FetishDock window. See “Customizations” for instructions on setting alternate modes as the default display option. Each equipment slot includes a “Use” button for quick activation of right-click effects. Use buttons stealth on mouse out. The “Head/Body” button was recently added and allows zooming the Paperdoll. Note: Using this button crashes MANY video cards. If your’s can’t handle it, just don’t use the button.
  • Market: New combined Market and Store window reskinned and highly customized. Titlebar on shows a split pane layout with Broker on the left, Store on the right. Titlebar off shows a single pane view with a toggle button in the upper left corner for switching between Broker and Store. Both layouts always display advanced search features. 3 Market Favorites menus added (customizable out of game). My Class & Level button added, now sets min level 14 lvls below your current adv lvl. Level Range button added, sets lvl range to +/- 7 lvls of your current Adv lvl. Min/Max lvl spinners and sliders added, allows click adjustments. Entire window stretches horizontally and vertically, in both layouts. Windowshade button collapses the window to just its titlebar. Seller location now clearly displayed via tooltip.
    Note: SOE regularly changes the search dropdown menus, your custom favorites may need adjusting after an update.
  • Merchant: Max window height increased. Window now stretches in all directions. ¾ sized icons and reorganized display/buy area allow for more listings to be shown.
  • Trade: 75% scale 6 slot is now standard. 100% scale 6slot alternative version included.
  • Journal: Side-by-side quest list and details frames. Entire window now stretches in all directions. New Splitter bar allows left and right frames to be sized independent of the window. Somewhat condensed lists. Added Search button to display web browser. Now with ClickBrowse! Click any quest or collection title to Google it.
  • Quest Helper: Added a slider that allows quest switching without opening the Journal. Reset button restores the quest displayed prior to using the slider. Also enabled Prev and Next buttons. Extra controls hide on mouseout. Now with ClickBrowse! Click any quest title to Google it.
  • PlayerHousing: Enter and Leave buttons now activate on ENTER.
  • Visit Inn Room: Enter and Leave buttons now activate on ENTER.
  • TradeSkills: Window now stretches vertically. Titlebar now includes a toggle button for the buff bar displayed on the Create page.
    • Recipes: ¾ sized recipe icons allow more list items to be displayed.
    • Filter: Sub frames enlarged to display more items without scrolling. Sadly a scrollbar bug prevents the outer scroll from functioning if made to stretch so I left it a fixed height.
    • Create: Condensed layout. Health, power, percentages and buffs added for easier monitoring. Stop and Repeat buttons now activate on ESC and ENTER respectively. Stop and Repeat buttons now share the same space, each visible when functional. Recipes button now activates on ESC.
    • Prepare: Condensed summary page. Cancel and Begin buttons activate on ESC and ENTER respectively. Choose page now scales with window size to display more items at larger sizes.
  • Breath: Condensed window.
  • Casting: Condensed window.
  • Clock: window now auto-opens and shows digital Norrath, Earth time, Date/Loc and Zone. Clock dial scaled down to ¾ size. Clicking the data area now toggles between Date and Loc.
  • Compass: window always opens above the clock on login and pulls clock above other windows when shown. Round compass is now standard. Alternate files for the old rectangle compass with +/- symbols and left aligned clock included as optional files.
  • Experience: Complete reskin. Window is much more configurable. Height resizes to show 1-3 XP bars and spreads top 2 bars from the bottom barbars. Right-click to swap which bar is on top. Added XP, Debt and Vitality percentages with 1 point precision, Adventure and Artisan class labels and lvls. Vitality bars subtly pulse when full. Window now accepts standard option settings. Entire window stretches horizontally with additional ticks added as needed (including 3rd tier ticks every 20th). Minimize/Restore and 100 Ticks/Revert buttons added. Minimum size is significantly smaller than prior Fetish versions.
  • Group: Health and Power bars converted to meters to accentuate highs and lows. Subtle background colors added to member names to distinguish them. Click any member’s name to automatically assist and activate autoattack (clicking elsewhere in a member frame targets that member normally). Invite and Disband buttons added. Now with Click Cures! Click any detrimental effect icon to automatically target that group member and attempt to cure the effect.
  • Guild: Window resizes in all directions. Events tab removed. Main tab reformatted to include all Event functions. Added guild XP percentage.
  • Guild Bank: Reskinned with reduced slot sizes.
  • Heroic: Entire window scaled down to ¾ size.
  • Hotkey: Bank changer now obeys Window Options Frame settings. 75% scale is standard to reduce screen clutter.
  • HUDSlider: new window to support scalable hotkeys. Added numerical entry and 6 preset size buttons.
  • Inspect Player: Condensed. Now with ClickBrowse! Click any player name to find the on EQ2Players.
  • Knowledge: Completely overhauled. Compact layout defaults to a 2x8 format. Windowshade button included. Alternate 1x16 left and right aligned versions and original version included as optional files.
  • Loot: has been condensed. Loot All/Request All buttons activate on ENTER.
  • MainChat: Scrollbars moved to the right side for consistency. Scrollbar, Chat Input and Chat Channel button now hide on MouseOut. Chat Display area repositions on MouseIn to make room for Chat Input. Chat Input stealthing can be disabled by selecting Farme and Titlebar from Window Settings.
  • Map: Reduced “You are Here” indicator and zone sizes. Integrated custom maps, points of interest and other features from the “Modular Atlas Project”. Integrated Fetish MiniMap (the original MiniMap), ViewAnyMap plugin and Talyn’s Minimap plugin.
  • On Screen Message: Font size reduced to correct text clipping.
  • Player: now includes Health/Power percentages and ranges. Metered style bars accentuate highs and lows. Window now stretches horizontally with very little meter distortion. Now with ClickCures! Click any detrimental effect icon to automatically target yourself and attempt to cure the effect.
  • Persona: Added Personabar toggle button. Additional stats added. Window stretches for easy viewing of the various lists.
  • Pet: Health and Power percentages added. Condensed layout.
  • Targeting System: Complete overhaul. Metered Health and Power bars used. Added health and power percentages. New con system now displays plain English mob strength labels, color coded for easy recognition. Red dots around strength labels indicate multi-group encounters. Added con mode toggle button to main target window. Window height is now fixed. Click either Target or Implied Target’s name to acquire their target (a.k.a. reverse assist). Frames flash while auto-attack is on.
  • Tracking: Everything but the track list obeys Window Options. Ultra-compact layout. The list area includes a semi-transparent background for easier reading. To modify the opacity of this background see “Customizations”.
  • Community: window has been condensed.
  • Examine: Now includes ClickSearch! Item, Recipe and Spell names can now be clicked to perform a ClickSearch if the Market window is normally enabled. Handy for price checking linked items and inventory while at a Broker. Windows have been condensed.
  • Zone Popup: Mouseless zoning! First zone choice is automatically selected, arrow keys scroll through the list, ENTER and ESC activate OK and CANCEL respectively.
  • Zoning: No longer blanks the entire screen. Chat while zoning is possible but does not respect BACKSPACE, ENTER, slash or other keys that normally place focus in the chat window. You must click the chat window’s text entry area to chat. Now displays min-art with Exit button. Same area displays new character slideshow intro with expected navigation. Movable but does not save location.

Tolaris 06-03-2007 12:14 PM

Persona Bar

Somehow this bar vanished off of all my UI config's for every character, can anyone tell me how to get it back? The bar with mit, stats, etc... I have gotten almost to the point of not being to play without it lol...

biffenbobx 07-29-2007 06:21 AM

I think alt+m is what you are looking for.

deKoven 07-30-2007 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffenbobx (Post 60924)
I think alt+m is what you are looking for.

Sorry, 4 keys left from M. The combo you're looking for is "Alt-C" to bring back the PersonaBar.

I went through H E double toothpicks until I learned this. Can't figger out why things don't stay as I put them but at least I can get them back again.

:D

wyllo 10-15-2007 09:07 PM

I need a picture :)

ok... I am trying to figure out what's what in this interface and we'll start with one, prolly stupid, question.

ok two...

1) What is that little pastel blue dot in between the upper(yellow) and lower(blue) bands on the xp bar? I notice it moves... but can't discern the movement pattern...

and...
2) what is the difference between the upper and lower bands? Is there a legend somewhere so I can decode all your interface details? Could somebody annotate a basic screen layout with arrows and lines and descriptions ? :)

thanks!

therealmosha 10-16-2007 08:20 AM

the yellow xp bar shows 0-100% while every | being 10%
the blue bar beneath shows 0-10% meaning, on the yellow bar you see you have above 40% XP then you take a look at the blue bar and you see, youve got over 8%, meaning youve got 48% and the yellow bar is about to reach the next |

as for the dot, i havent see a changing xp bar in a while :D but iirc this shows you, how far your vitality will reach if its not enuff to completely fill the level (little arrow beside the level indicator)

wyllo 10-16-2007 11:55 AM

thanks for the speedy reply... I was gonna ask what that little right pointing arrow was... but since I don't understand vitality very well... I guess I'll just take it on faith that Fetish is showing me something that I COULD care about... and maybe will someday :)

ShadowProwler420 10-16-2007 01:52 PM

Vitality 101

Landiin 10-16-2007 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyllo (Post 63927)
but since I don't understand vitality very well... I guess I'll just take it on faith that Fetish is showing me something that I COULD care about... and maybe will someday :)

When you have vitality you are gaining exp at 150% or 50% bonus exp how ever you chose to look at it(I think that is the percent, it has been a while) assuming you do not have debt exp. I can't remember if the percentage is a 1:1 ratio or not.

Mocker 11-21-2007 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tolaris (Post 59771)
Somehow this bar vanished off of all my UI config's for every character, can anyone tell me how to get it back? The bar with mit, stats, etc... I have gotten almost to the point of not being to play without it lol...

Hitting Alt+C should bring it up

Sacraed 11-22-2007 12:07 PM

Moving Hotbars around

Can't seem to move a bar... any bar. The hotbar I use for TS I set to default position and now I can't move it whatsoever. And yes, I did go thru all my hotbar settings etc and I still can't find where to click on the bar, or any bar, to be able to move it.

Zonx 11-22-2007 12:47 PM

Easiest way to move the hotbar is to turn on the spinner and grab the bank number ;)

It is possible to move them via the 2 pixel boerder, but its intentionally a very small hit area. Unfortunetly SOE disabled the ability to drag hotbars via empty hotkey slots a while back.

Sacraed 11-22-2007 05:54 PM

2 Steps forward, 1 step back :-)

Thanks for the spinner info!

Not long ago UI users wanted the blankty-blank spinner out of there and now we have it back out of necessity. It seems what goes around comes around eventually because of SOE. I'm just glad the mod makers keep up with it with all due diligence. Thank you!

Badattitude,
L72 Guardian tank
of Seventh Sanctum
on Befallen Server

btw, I'm new to Fetish Nightfall and I love it!

panzerfaust666 12-06-2007 08:56 AM

Unnecessary text

Is there any way to remove the text that pops up when you use a ClickCure?
The "/useabilityonplayer...." Having that pop up in groups or raids would clutter up my chat window.

Thanx

lordebon 12-06-2007 09:33 AM

/useabilityonplayer should execute silently in the background (in other words, it should just cast the spell on that player). It shouldn't be /say-ing anything when you use it, all it should do is the normal spell casting emotes (that you're 99.9999% likely to be filtering to a junk or 'combat' tab to be ignored).

Zonx 12-06-2007 11:54 AM

The various chat options for the Fetish RaidAbilities are not enabled by default, but you can enable them as desired on individual abilities. The Customizations thread has info on how to do this.

Warrl 07-29-2008 07:05 PM

Been awhile since I last played I downloaded and followed the directions for 9.9 and get an incompatibility message when I try to pick up a shiny or loot a corpse. I do not know how to work with the UI programming wise so if any post directions please make sure they are thorough and easy to understand. GREAT UI Zonx thanks for ll the work.

Sethalin Windancer Lucan D'lere server

fwaits 07-29-2008 08:30 PM

I installed Fetish Nightfall 9.9 a couple weeks ago and it works fine for me. Are you sure you followed all the steps exactly?

Warrl 08-04-2008 12:32 PM

I deleted and reinstalled it and now everything except the maps is working correctly. Any help on the maps would be appreciated.

Milenrei 08-06-2008 05:53 PM

Hi Zonx,

I was just wondering if the Zoning "Did you know" text could be altered all?

fwaits 08-06-2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrl (Post 74848)
I deleted and reinstalled it and now everything except the maps is working correctly. Any help on the maps would be appreciated.

Download EQ2Maps Auto-updater from here and install that as instructed. Also you might want to use the little patch done by a user here that adds the new voice chat windows. This can be downloaded here:

http://www.eq2interface.com/downloads/info4825.html

Hope that helps.

Warrl 08-16-2008 02:27 PM

I did that and found that it was putting it to a different location moved everything over and changed the options, I have the maps now but no POI'S.

Sethalin

Tsavi 09-11-2009 04:14 PM

Ok quick question, what is the main differences in your settings buttons that appear below the EQ2 logo button?

Zonx 09-15-2009 03:03 PM

R (Raid Performance): low particle, texture, and render distance for better performance in a raid. Best performance of the 4 settings, decent visual quality of near objects, poor quality of far objects.

E (Extreme View): Max particles and render distance, worst texture and lightning. Ideal for node and shiny farming in large open areas. Worst overall visual quality, 2nd best performance, but you will see objects, nodes, and shinies a mile off.

P (Performance): Decent all-around settings, ideal for solo and single group stuff for less-than stellar systems. Suitable for raiding on higher-end systems, though some might find the extra visuals distracting in a raid.

G (Good Quality): Good all-around settings, better visual quality suitable for solo and single group play on higher-end systems. Probably not a suitable for raiding.

msema17 12-04-2009 04:08 AM

Do you all like Fetish better then Profit UI or are they about the same thing...