EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Help!?!?! (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   /way not working (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18282)

kiny 10-22-2016 09:30 AM

/way not working

When I type /way and then a waypoint in eq2 nothing show's up. I cant get it to work in any zone. I have re-installed eq2 maps and validated my eq2 files nut still nothing.. Now I have just upgraded my machine and am using windows 10 I wonder if its something to do with that or something else????

any help would be greatly appreciated

regards
K............

kiny 10-23-2016 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiny (Post 106936)
When I type /way and then a waypoint in eq2 nothing show's up. I cant get it to work in any zone. I have re-installed eq2 maps and validated my eq2 files nut still nothing.. Now I have just upgraded my machine and am using windows 10 I wonder if its something to do with that or something else????

any help would be greatly appreciated

regards
K............

Just a quick note, would me disabling Cortana in windows 10 have any impact on my issue I have on /way... not working?

many thanks
K..........

Darqwood 10-23-2016 07:46 AM

A waypoint command should give you three things: a particle effect wisp depending on how close you are to the waypoint, an icon on the map, and yellow text in the chat window. When you say nothing shows up, you get none of these?

Try using just the default UI without EQ2MAP and see if anything changes. I just tried waypoints on live and beta servers, and everything seems to be working.

kiny 10-23-2016 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darqwood (Post 106938)
A waypoint command should give you three things: a particle effect wisp depending on how close you are to the waypoint, an icon on the map, and yellow text in the chat window. When you say nothing shows up, you get none of these?

Try using just the default UI without EQ2MAP and see if anything changes. I just tried waypoints on live and beta servers, and everything seems to be working.

Yes I get nothing at all. On all my chars in every zone. Using default UI and eq2 maps. I'll try it without eq2 maps and report back.

Many thanks
K....

Mysstie 10-23-2016 11:17 PM

What about using /waypoint like: /waypoint 777, 56, -213 ?

kiny 10-24-2016 12:46 PM

well I uninstalled eq2 maps and it works great now. But strangely it looks just the same with all the points of interest on ect.. it just looks ecatly the same but I uninstalled it lol???
Anyway it works great now thx

K...............

jnils 10-26-2016 11:30 PM

Uninstalling EQ2MAP Updater don't remove the UI from the game.

kiny 10-30-2016 08:19 AM

hmm strange now it doesn't work again and I have not done anything at all, when I type /way 527,*25,*567*in BB nothing comes up at all not even in the chat window.. bizzare :(

jilval 10-31-2016 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiny (Post 106950)
hmm strange now it doesn't work again and I have not done anything at all, when I type /way 527,*25,*567*in BB nothing comes up at all not even in the chat window.. bizzare :(

I have the same issues with my Waypoints. They used to work just fine until about 2 weeks ago, now when i type /way or /waypoint with the appropriate numbers I get nothing, no wisp, no mark on the map, and no text in chat...

kiny 10-31-2016 04:34 PM

We'll I'm glad I'm not alone. I've tried loads of stuff to fix it not nothing yet. I'll keep trying if I sis anything out I'll post it here. But don't think it will be a quick fix as not many people have this issue too.

Thx
K......

kiny 11-02-2016 03:14 PM

nope cant get it to work.. wonder if it could be with C++ at all? even though I havnt touched that at all.. any ideas please kinda stuck here :(

thx
K.............

Nauttia 11-07-2016 02:53 PM

Waypoints not working

I am having the same issue. Any suggestions on fixing it? I'm using DarqUI. I use the maps and waypoints a lot. I'm desperate.