EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dev Shack (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   New Persona Window + UIBuilder News (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9424)

dragowulf 11-01-2007 10:09 PM

Was wondering when the new Persona window would go into test because we're about 2 weeks till the release of the expansion, I'm getting anxious, and we should have enough time to mod it, plus i want to see it bad since I'm not in beta ;)

drago.

Drumstix42 11-01-2007 10:20 PM

Believe he said it was on Beta, dunno about test though.

gm9 11-02-2007 04:00 AM

Agreed Drago, this should long be on test.

Or at least just list the new gamedata for us, we don't need to see it to mod it.

dragowulf 11-02-2007 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm9 (Post 65019)
Agreed Drago, this should long be on test.

Or at least just list the new gamedata for us, we don't need to see it to mod it.

well when the cloak and new earing slot came out they gave us it early (but we couldnt use them), so we could mod the windows.

Othesus 11-02-2007 06:39 PM

Rothgar, were you going to put a newer UIBuilder on the patch server?

I was just trying to look at some new things and it looks like the eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml window (version 2.0.0 dated 11/2/2007) completely breaks it. This happens with the UIBuilder version 1.3.0.0 from 11/18/2005 and version 1.3.0.0 from 9/26/2007.

I think the XML parser breaks on line 98 from the strings like 

dragowulf 11-02-2007 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Othesus (Post 65035)
Rothgar, were you going to put a newer UIBuilder on the patch server?

I was just trying to look at some new things and it looks like the eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml window (version 2.0.0 dated 11/2/2007) completely breaks it. This happens with the UIBuilder version 1.3.0.0 from 11/18/2005 and version 1.3.0.0 from 9/26/2007.

I think the XML parser breaks on line 98 from the strings like 

What does that mean? Must be on beta of course :P

drago.

Othesus 11-02-2007 07:34 PM

You mean 
 carriage return and line feed?

Those are the encodings that Landiin was asking for earlier in this thread. The UIBuilder we have doesn't understand them though.

dragowulf 11-02-2007 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Othesus (Post 65037)
You mean 
 carriage return and line feed?

Those are the encodings that Landiin was asking for earlier in this thread. The UIBuilder we have doesn't understand them though.

I was having trouble seeing what you were talking about but now I understand completely.

drago.

Zonx 11-06-2007 03:27 PM

Just to be clear (without violating NDA)...

The Persona window on Beta includes entities (Line Feed and Line Break) that break the version of UIBuilder shipping with Beta. The object tree fails to render once the parser encounters those entities. Replacing them with simple returns does fix the problem.

Landiin 11-06-2007 10:15 PM

The game handles them just fine, its just the current UIbuilder that has the issue. I've always assumed the UIBuilder used the same library's the game used to render the UI. But guess as normal I am incorrect :P

I'm also beleaving that the UIBuilder that will ship with RoK will work with all the new things:P

gm9 11-07-2007 02:55 AM

UIbuilder never used the same libraries, also not for the actual rendering - in particular fonts are rendered differently. I haven't seen a test version of the new UIbuilder yet, but would be nice if the new version shipped with RoK already.

Landiin 11-07-2007 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm9 (Post 65241)
UIbuilder never used the same libraries, also not for the actual rendering - in particular fonts are rendered differently. I haven't seen a test version of the new UIbuilder yet, but would be nice if the new version shipped with RoK already.

Yea the render code isn't even close to the same. I don't know why I used the word render there should of used parse. I meant their XML parser, as I figured why would they use a mock up when they could just link to the real one. After I think about I don't know why I ever thought that, I use it on my old laptop that doesn't even have EQ2 on it.. geesh *slaps forehead*

SOE-Rothgar 11-10-2007 03:38 PM

Yes, UI Builder shares a lot of the same code as the game engine for rendering the UI elements. But it sounds like the latest version of UI builder did not get patched with beta and thats why it can't load the Persona window.

Unfortunately we could not patch out the new UI Builder prior to shipping RoK, because it would generate invalid xml files that the game wouldn't be able to read. Since they need to stay in sync, you'll get the new UI Builder when RoK is patched down.

dragowulf 11-10-2007 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar (Post 65413)
Yes, UI Builder shares a lot of the same code as the game engine for rendering the UI elements. But it sounds like the latest version of UI builder did not get patched with beta and thats why it can't load the Persona window.

Unfortunately we could not patch out the new UI Builder prior to shipping RoK, because it would generate invalid xml files that the game wouldn't be able to read. Since they need to stay in sync, you'll get the new UI Builder when RoK is patched down.

Thanks for the verification Rothgar!